Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need To Talk About Warframe

InglriousB

Hello Fellow Tenno,

With Fortuna on the Horizon and our latest Daily Tribute controversy, there are several things that I feel need to be addressed.

We currently face a Content Drought, which is leading to many players to either leave the game or sit on their Liset doing nothing.

The regular content releases have been few and far between and mostly cosmetic.

I feel that we need to start discussing the bigger picture of Warframe and push the narrative on the potential that this game has, so let's start that constructive debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BqlhZuR2mQ

I am keen to hear your thoughts on the situation

-Michel

Edited by InglriousB

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

For starters, the youtube link leads back to this thread 😉 (Yeah I know, if I copy-paste it works, but if you made it a clickable link, then maybe it should actually lead to the site). 

LOL, thanks dude !  Lost my markdown skills, it seems ;D

Fixed now

4 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

We currently face a Content Drought...

I disagree with this premise.

This is way overblown. DE might have been a bit slow with new stuff lately, but there's no drought. We just got the Chroma PA, which will keep (at least) me busy for a few weeks. Aside from that, I have plenty to do if I choose to do it. 

I don't rely on WF to entertain me every minute of the day. Both madness and burnout lie in that direction. If I'm tired of relic or trace farming and really can't stand the thought of hanging out in PoE for a few hours, I have other games to look to. They have stuff that needs done as well. My gaming time isn't centered on one thing. 

I'm looking forward to the genuinely new stuff DE is working towards. I'll be there bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when it goes live. In the meantime, I'm not going to get overexcited and drown in hyperbolic hysteria. I'd suggest you all do likewise. 

The only controversy with regards to the login system was from self proclaimed Warframe veterans who where so hyper focused on their own self interests and protecting their perceived position in the games hierarchy granted to them by an arbitrary login system...... that they simply could not comprehend that a better login system was GOOD FOR THEM TOO but that doesn't matter as long a they can ensure that some filthy scrub can't play with their toys..... even if it means they won't be getting any nifty new toys either. 

Because of their incessant petulant whining we are getting a system that is sufficiently close to the original system that adding new weapons/mods/gear that are interesting/meaningful can't be done without causing effectively the same (possibly worse) problems than the old system. Plus it kinda sounds like DE is just walking away from the login system all together after this. So we probably won't get any nifty new weapons/mods/etc via login GG "veterans" GG 

/rant

Edited by Oreades

Oh, I recall it. I blinked in disbelief when he said it. Hell, the Chroma PA had just come out!

I haven't felt any such thing and was quite surprised when he said it. I understand there are a lot of new systems DE is working on and they might feel they're taking too long, but we've been here before. I really don't see where the drama is coming from. 

It's overblown. DE might want to get cinematic quests or open world content out quicker. Great. That's cool. However, I know they are slow on release, but they're ambitious projects that take time.

Meanwhile, there are other things to do. If I can't face another relic run and decide a few hours in Odyssey or Conan: Exiles on the menu, that doesn't reflect on my time spent in WF. I'm around. I'm still going to play. I'm not going to dissolve into a puddle of angst just because I'm not spending 6 hours a day in WF. There needs to be some perspective here. 

1 minute ago, Sloan441 said:

This is way overblown. DE might have been a bit slow with new stuff lately, but there's no drought. We just got the Chroma PA, which will keep (at least) me busy for a few weeks. Aside from that, I have plenty to do if I choose to do it. 

I don't rely on WF to entertain me every minute of the day. Both madness and burnout lie in that direction. If I'm tired of relic or trace farming and really can't stand the thought of hanging out in PoE for a few hours, I have other games to look to. They have stuff that needs done as well. My gaming time isn't centered on one thing. 

I'm looking forward to the genuinely new stuff DE is working towards. I'll be there bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when it goes live. In the meantime, I'm not going to get overexcited and drown in hyperbolic hysteria. I'd suggest you all do likewise. 

When purely focused on the Content Drought, Chroma Prime is a very valid couterpoint. It definitely provides the Community with some grinding to do. However the content drought is one of the issues birthed from the current way Warframe is operated and handled by DE and the Community.

The Chroma Prime Access, though giving us Chroma Prime, should not be let off the hook for not delivering on areas like the Prime Access Trailer, even though people pay up to twice the amount of a regular game for it.

Again though, that is an single case. What I am concerned about is the bigger picture. It's great that you are playing other games outside Warframe, so do I. The solution for Warframe should not be to push players away from the game, because that is not helping the game in the long run

The main issue:

25 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

We currently face a Content Drought,

15 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

13 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Even [DE]Steve said the exact phrase in the last Devstream "I know we are in a content drought"

3 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Oh, I recall it. I blinked in disbelief when he said it.

:)) What more do you want?

Welp, until Fortuna and Railjack are released with a few additional months after spent ironing out the guaranteed storm of bugs, I expect we'll continue to have a content drought for the forseeable future.

I just hope that once thier hands are free once more and back on track, they get back to more steady updates, with any bigger projects being relegated to updating existing content that got left in the dust as usual. (Sanctuary Onslaught, Infested Salvage, faction visual updates, Archwing, Defection, etc.)

Edited by (XB1)calvina

Hello there ^.^ 

Yep i personaly miss weekly/monthly events. 
They dont do those anymore and the content realease is getting prety different from what we are used to.
Having a small team working on event that release monthly would be super cool.
It could even be experiment area for game mode with funny mechanic like all infested charger that one shot you survival.

btw i'm still waiting for my grinner chainsaw ^.^ 

Some work need to be done and putting all the eggs in the same fortuna/railjack basket may not be the best way.

We will see how they do ^.^ 

On 2018-10-06 at 11:06 AM, (XB1)calvina said:

I just hope that once thier hands are free once more and back on track, they get back to more steady updates, with any bigger projects being relegated to updating existing content that got left in the dust as usual. (Sanctuary Onslaught, Infested Salvage, faction visual updates, Archwing, Defection, etc.)

i would be ok with a smaller team working on the next planet, and the rest of the resources to the normal updates, and if they can make more content then needs to to be released, that extra weapons ect, could be moved to the next area rather then all of the content being locked behind some other pice of content