Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old events

Honestly, events should never return in their original forms that contain trophies and badges as these were rewards for competing. The way Plague Star has come back repeatedly now has really just been lazy.

Now if you are more referring to having them return in a more "trimmed down" form just so you can see what the event would have been like, then yeah, that would be fairly interesting. We already see that a bit with the Fomorians, Razorbacks, and Acolytes, but wouldn't be bad to see a similar route applied to other events, though I'd still say it would be better to get NEW ones and look towards the future than just rehash the old.

Edited by Sean

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

events should never return in their original forms that contain trophies and badges as these were rewards for competing.

Then those rewards should be exclusive forever. Since Baro 100 brought back the Syandana I am all in for repeating events including all rewards. This is too inconsistent.

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Just now, GnarlsDarkley said:

Then those rewards should be exclusive forever. Since Baro 100 brought back the Syandana I am all in for repeating event including all rewards

Just because you don't have something isn't a reason to bring something back, only looks petty and selfish.

I skipped / missed quite a few events and am perfectly fine not getting those badges; they were given to those that earned them properly.

A syandana doesn't represent the event, the badges and trophies do, but they don't affect anything, not even FashionFrame.

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

only looks petty and selfish.

Imo it's just unfair. They want to balance the Daily Tribute...they can do the same with events. I also don't have any problems when they give Raid badges to anyone.

I usually 100% every game I own (92% completion ratio in 300 Steamgames) and having a Codex with blank spots because of a month break is nagging me (I am looking at you Misery)

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

A syandana doesn't represent the event, the badges and trophies do, but they don't affect anything, not even FashionFrame.

It's the reward. They brought back almost every other thing except Misery and Ignis Wraith...which stinks. Like I said...either full exclusivity for events or none.

And I do want the Ignis BP in my Clan so I can start giving them out for free because I can't those people who sell them for 5+ plat (If you do have access I wouldn't mind you giving me lots of them so I can start doing this again, since I don't have anymore)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Imo it's just unfair. They want to balance the Daily Tribute...they can do the same with events. I also don't have any problems when they give Raid badges to anyone.

I usually 100% every game I own (92% completion ratio in 300 Steamgames) and having a Codex with blank spots because of a month break is nagging me.

It's the reward. They brought back almost every other thing except Misery and Ignis Wraith...which stinks. Like I said...either full exclusivity for events or none.

And I do want the Ignis BP in my Clan so I can start giving them out for free because I can't those people who sell them for 5+ plat (If you do have access I wouldn't mind you giving me lots of them so I can start doing this again, since I don't have anymore)

Look, I get completionism, I really do, but you can't go invalidating people's past accomplishments just because you can't get everything.

I do think it is silly of DE to restrict a codex entry though... that really should have been auto-added to anyone who plays the game during the return of the acolytes.

With how the Ignis Wraith was rewarded, I also feel it needs to stick as a reward for the clans that earned it as it was actually a proper competition for it. Do I want to see DE doing this type of reward again? No. But that doesn't mean we need to basically tell any and all clans that tried to get it that their attempt actually was meaningless since now EVERYONE can have it for their clan all without trying.

If they were to bring back an old event in a proper way that brought a trophy and badge, then I would really say it needs to be something new, not just the same items that were originally brought. Take the Tennocon 2017 and Tennocon 2018 glyphs for instance --they both follow the same theme but also show an evolution, and THAT is what I feel a v2 for an event should entail.

24 minutes ago, Sean said:

and THAT is what I feel a v2 for an event should entail.

I do sign all you said.

except this

24 minutes ago, Sean said:

but you can't go invalidating people's past accomplishments

because DE is doing this with Plague Star and the Syandana now and maybe many other stuff I am forgetting atm. I farmed the sh*t out of the first PS event because I wanted some exclusive stuff for my Dojo...get rekt. Same thing with Pacifism Defect. I was using Harkonar pretty often...now it feels useless.

It has just no consistency. All exclusive stuff I did get my hands on are not exclsuive anymore...and stuff I was missing, I still do...that is my problem.

It is just that all exclusive stuff, no matter what (except founder items ofc) should be available again for everyone. I can only repeat myself. Either give full exclusivity if DE wants such a feature...or none. 

Take a look at Prime frames. Vaulted ones are limited but will be available every so often in unvaultings or Baro.

53 minutes ago, Sean said:

The way Plague Star has come back repeatedly now has really just been lazy.

And both re-occurrences did bring the statues. So why not Misery/Ignis?

I don't mind if DE changes the old events (like your v2) as long as they reward a similar reward.

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

As someone who has played most events on PS4, I would love to see them come back in their full form. Also, I am much bigger fan of the plague star trophy concept as opposed to the old “top three get trophies” method. Not because I don’t have them, but because it just breeds far too much competition in a game that is intended to be co-op.

Am 9.10.2018 um 09:30 schrieb Sean:

With how the Ignis Wraith was rewarded, I also feel it needs to stick as a reward for the clans that earned it as it was actually a proper competition for it. Do I want to see DE doing this type of reward again? No. But that doesn't mean we need to basically tell any and all clans that tried to get it that their attempt actually was meaningless since now EVERYONE can have it for their clan all without trying.

tbh wanting stuff exclusive for you sounds more selfish than the approach you were adressing. I'm the leader of a clan that has the Ignis Wraith BP and I'd have 0 problems with everyone getting that damn thing. I'd even welcome it, because it would mean less trades are neccessary because ppl really pile up when you give it away for free. I don't feel like that would invalidate our struggle at all, we had the leaderboard and a while of exclusivity, we don't need that forever. It's the same kind of argument DE used to never adjust the ressource requirements of the Hema or the broken mutagen samples on Eris and it was bs back then aswell, only used to cover up a blatant money grab. Warframe has no content but the collection of every gear item, limit that with exclusive things and you're upsetting everyone starting the game after the event or taking a break during it. And in case of warframe we get the added problem that much of the game's story is hidden behind events that are never going to return, leaving you with a miserable experience when playing the starchart for the story. I remember I had no idea why Alad V was treated the like we had history when playing the second dream for the first time because to me he was just a guy I shot on Jupiter. Sure you can read up on all that in external sources but tbh the story provided by the game itself up until the second dream is simply terrible and getting those events back in there would somewhat help with that. Honestly, I'd appreciate that much more than skateboard tricks.

• 2 weeks later...

Been  reading about this. over in different posts. In my case I missed the event when we can cure Alad V or when reworked Nef  got  introduced. We seriously need some way to replay  events. And the one Idea that I saw that kinda stuck with me is Simaris. Simaris is basically a librarian if you think about it, right? He  could have data on the past events stored in sanctuary. We need this fore lore. DE  would benefit  from that also. We have to bring this up to DE's attention more.

Im not interested in  past rewards, people that played the original events should have same exclusive stuff, but the Lore  of  some of the events are key at understanding key characters like Alad V and Nef. Especially since we are about to receive a Huuuuge content drop that is specifically Corpus related. 

Please Tenno, we have to  bring this to DE's attention more.

Edited by travoor