Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova at max level enemy environment

ssmax

Question

anyone knows how to play Nova at max/120 level environment solo? let say survival
i tried to use null star and Molecular Prime with high power output but still kept dying. is there a "Must" Build for Nova?
seems i am missing something. Tried to put armor mods or survival mods aint working either. i even tried resist damage when knock down mod.
or is it positioning like when you farm with nekros or hydros? or i am missing a weapon that are good for it so it will be good with any warframe in general?
if someone can help me with this would be lovely.

8 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, ssmax said:

is there a "Must" Build for Nova?

Try one of these. Even with speed nova I don't have any trouble no matter which mission/Sortie I play

http://gnarlsdarkley.forumprofi.de/nova-f51/?sid=c59c324f7991484bfba097c1c8707edd

22 minutes ago, ssmax said:

or i am missing a weapon that are good

for most Sortie 3 missions and above I tend to use Whips (Lecta, Atterax, Scoliac, you choose) because of the high range + damage output. You need to keep enemies on distance in order to keep your nullstar stacks. (Maybe try lowering your range as well?) Less stacks, means less reduction.

If you do lose like 10 stacks, safely get rid of the remaining ones and recast

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

2 minutes ago, ssmax said:

anyone knows how to play Nova at max/120 level environment solo? let say survival

Not gonna pretend I have massive experience in regards to long solo Survival runs
(20 minutes T4 Survival back in the day was a ~good enough amount of time for me),
but FWIW, when I play Nova, I do my best to minimize (shooty) enemies having LOS on me in the first place.

Nova is never gonna be a super-tanky Frame (though e.g. Null Star and Arcane Guardian can help),
so utilize Enemy Radar Mods and AoE / Punch Through weapons as well as AMD
to hit the enemies before they ever get the chance to hit you.

A Speed Nova hiding by the doorway in a dead end room having enemies rush into a
Zenistar disc / Torid cloud stack / Simulor vortex / whatnot I could see working decently (dunno how long though),
an Ancient Specter would help you survive the occasional grazing shot.

For crossing big open areas, might be better to use your Operator.

Hm, too bad good ol' perma-invis Naramon is no more, that was such a nifty broken Survival cheese tool lol.

I'm not into the long survival missions, I get bored after 20-30 minutes. Never quite hit level 120s though.  I ended up running a fissure though at MOT with Nova not to long ago. I just kept my 1 up and 4 to slow enemies down. I was usually okay and didn't take to much damage. My only health mod is quick thinking and I also have my zaw built around healing return. I've been tempted to try a Arcane Grace and Guardian to see how that was, but I would have to buy them to try it. 

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how others build Nova. 

Edited by Brandt1

Guess phone images will do.

This is a hyper specialized build that I use that may give some inspiration to making a personal build.

https://i.imgur.com/X5zGOSh.png

https://i.imgur.com/pT4p5vb.png

Arcanes are Tempo and Victory. Exilus is Firewalker. And the kohm riven is status and firerate. The reason I also posted the kohm build is because I use the arcanes to both boosts its DPS and to boost the arcane victory uptime. So its kind of a integrated part. Though it fine to replace the arcanes with direct sustain arcanes ofc so you are less weapon reliant.

But it shows there are many means to the same end.

Edited by Airwolfen