The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

iirediiapple

It's been almost a full month for me and there's no sign of this issue being resolved.

The exact same thing happened when The Sacrifice launched and now here it is again with barely any official communication from DE regarding the issue and copy-pasted boilerplate responses to anyone who submitted a ticket. DE is not the only company that has to deal with DDoS attacks these days but they seem to be the only one that bans entire IP ranges for weeks on end in response, something I've never seen an online service do in ~14 years of playing MMORPGs and other online games. You'd think they could implement a captcha system in the launcher or the game client to manually whitelist specific IPs trying to log in seeing as they have no trouble implementing Google Analytics and various other user tracking spyware on the site but I guess not.

It's already been speculated in this thread and elsewhere that this is a server capacity issue, whenever a major update launches and there's a large influx of new and returning players DE's servers max out either in terms of capacity of performance, and it appears that DE's solution to this is to randomly ban entire IP ranges around the world to limit the number of players able to log in thus preventing more widespread outages, the recent Switch launch only makes this hypothesis that much more compelling. This is pure speculation of course but without further official word on the matter it's all we have to work with.

Another thing worth noting is the complete silence of the usual Warframe hype channels on YouTube regarding this problem, this thread alone has over 18,000 views and over 600 replies so again you'd think it would be something they'd pick up on, guess not.

Idk, that's my take on the situation at least.

17 minutes ago, rainerblve said:

It's already been speculated in this thread and elsewhere that this is a server capacity issue, whenever a major update launches and there's a large influx of new and returning players DE's servers max out either in terms of capacity of performance, and it appears that DE's solution to this is to randomly ban entire IP ranges around the world to limit the number of players able to log in thus preventing more widespread outages, the recent Switch launch only makes this hypothesis that much more compelling. This is pure speculation of course but without further official word on the matter it's all we have to work with.

That's.... dumb. Warframe barely uses server capacity other than recording end results at the end of sessions. During sessions, the host player acts as the server.

What is more likely is that there is a DDoS attack going on, might not even be to Warframe servers specifically but to their server hosts so the anti-DDoS countermeasures kicked in and blocked us who happened to have similar IPs with the attackers.

43 minutes ago, JalakBali said:

That's.... dumb. Warframe barely uses server capacity other than recording end results at the end of sessions. During sessions, the host player acts as the server.

What is more likely is that there is a DDoS attack going on, might not even be to Warframe servers specifically but to their server hosts so the anti-DDoS countermeasures kicked in and blocked us who happened to have similar IPs with the attackers.

Actually what you said was dumb.If DDOS attack was going on everyone would have issues or it would at least be affecting certain servers in certain regions.That is not the case here.As a matter of fact my clan mates are all from same country and few of us has issues and majority of them doesn't.

It is a known fact that these kind of connection issues always come with large number of online players usually on updates and events.It is also a known fact that now servers are intentionally blocking certain ip addresses without any reason. 

3 часа назад, (PS4)ted0018 сказал:

i got to play fine for 1 week after 7 days of login failed. my friend had the same problem for a week and was able to play for two days. earlier today he said the problem came back for him. i was relieved that it didn't when i tried. i was playing all morning and when i logged in just now, login failed greets me. this is beyond frustrating. 

i've read too many comments from too many people on all platforms with this problem, yet DE hasn't even mentioned it publicly. no other game has this. which begs the questions:

• can they really do nothing about this from their end? even if it's their ip banning thing that's preventing innocent users from playing their game?

• why the silence from DE?

It's not DE banning IP's it's your ISP not giving a f*** about the spam that's going on from their IP pool. For some reason DE can't ignore this spam traffic and they deem it disrupting for their game, which from what i can tell is BS. Above i posted links that let you check your IP and your ISP for spam traffic.

В 01.12.2018 в 23:26, FlexxFlexx сказал:

I suggest you guys use these sites https://www.abuseat.org/ http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php to check if your ip is in the block list and if it's in the range of ips that are blocked.

2 часа назад, JalakBali сказал:

Almost exactly this! We're all blocked, but not cuz we have "similar" IP, it's cuz the spammer or botnet infected PC had this exact IP before (since ISP usually rotates IP adresses each time you reset your router or PC).

On 2018-12-02 at 2:15 PM, xXRazerEdgeXx said:

Finally... We're able to login normally. I'm from SEA region(w/o VPN) 

For those still affected by this issue, you can try WindScribe VPN, they offer 10GB data cap if you register and confirm your email.

WTF...DE!!!

I can't login again (after 2 days)...IS THIS A JOKE???

2 minutes ago, ShiroZan said:

what exactly did you do? I'm from the Philippines using an ISP, Converge. Its been 2 weeks since I'm unable to login.

you have to check that you have ipv6 support from your internet provider click on this link to check 

PS : you need to follow instruction in the link

https://idoc.vsb.cz/xwiki/bin/view/tuonet/sit-nastaveni/ip-adresa/ip-win10-ovl-panely/?xpage=print&language=en 

for my case, all the while im using ipv4 all i have to do is click properties and check the ipv6 option and i suddenly able to login to warframe 😄 

I happen to have this problem just now I can't get in!

I tried these Methods:

1. Change Password = 

2. Verify for Integrity = 

3. Optimize = 

4. Enabled 2-Factor Authentication = 

5. Reinstall Warframe (hmmm... Might do it) = 

Please Fix this Bug I'm panicking because I thought someone is hacking computers!!!

Edited by Brinkster129
Typo of "the Bug I'm panicking" to "this Bug I'm panicking"

On 2018-12-02 at 12:40 PM, Niffilum said:

Kaspersky Secure Connection: On all 3 connections when launching with VPN it will show Update Error! blah blah. It works when you launch the game and only activate the VPN when you are on the login screen In Game. Recommended if you are not in Asia because it will most of the time connect you to an ISP that is also blocked.

Whats wrong in this picture is that Kaspersky labs are one of the leaders in battle against botnet.I have it installed too and servers that are blocked are:UK,Germany,Netherlands.Servers that work are:Spain,Ukraine,Hungary.

I will contact support of Kaspersky and ask them what do they think of DE servers registring their servers as botnet.I think awnser will be very interesting.

Getting this problem as well. I was playing fine about 7hrs ago.

3 hours ago, ShiroZan said:

what exactly did you do? I'm from the Philippines using an ISP, Converge. Its been 2 weeks since I'm unable to login.

3 hours ago, eugenetang96 said:

you have to check that you have ipv6 support from your internet provider click on this link to check 

PS : you need to follow instruction in the link

https://idoc.vsb.cz/xwiki/bin/view/tuonet/sit-nastaveni/ip-adresa/ip-win10-ovl-panely/?xpage=print&language=en 

for my case, all the while im using ipv4 all i have to do is click properties and check the ipv6 option and i suddenly able to login to warframe 😄 

@ShiroZan looks like our ISP doesn't support ipv6. Just getting this problem today though.

Edited by Hakugami

9 hours ago, Hakugami said:

Getting this problem as well. I was playing fine about 7hrs ago.

@ShiroZan looks like our ISP doesn't support ipv6. Just getting this problem today though.

what? what is that even suppose to mean? I was totally fine on Converge playing Warframe then somewhere in mid-November, I can no longer log-in in the game... because the ISP doesn't suport ipv6? I really don't understand what's going on and DE can't even release a statement about this