Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Xini From The Game = Win!

Matrias88

so to get this straight, you can solo xini to level 70 but you can't run high level missions by yourself??? say waaaaa?  by wave 70 aren't mobs close to 200?  even if you're talking about level 70 creeps, you still should be able to solo, so i guess in the end, i don't understand why you are complaining that people are playing xini.  unless DE fixes drop rates, its gonna stay very popular.  That is the same with every defense mission.  people farm them since they are the largest pullers for mats, and you get void keys to boot

I rarely ever go there, and here I am sitting on piles of credits, resources, every rare mod, and everything else.

No seriously, I think I've been to Xini about 6 times total. And I don't even play the game that much. I gots what I need, so why do I need to go to Xini again?

On a different note: survival mode looks like it'll be the new farming mode for the foreseeable future, once it's added to the game proper, so it should dethrone Xini for you.

Dude, Cyath and Xini are played for different reasons and different rewards. I for one don't care about XP and only join online games to farm Void keys. For me there is literally no reason to run Cyath and every reason to run Xini. Don't forget about the mod rewards at the end. It's not a pile of mods, instead it's a much better chance than usual of getting a good mod like Focus or Barrel Diffusion.

Also, I find that Mobile Defense missions are just as boring if not more than Endless Defense, so, that might be one of those personal preference things that keeps people going back to Xini.

So, to sum it up, people want different mission types and different rewards to you so they play different missions. Suck it up.

Yeah Xini is good for farming Keys and every 5 waves you get to choose a reward. I have almost all the prime weapons and over 50 keys, and void is pretty boring after a while.

But I get more satisfaction from mobile defence missions. Like Greaeaeaeaeaeae and Kappa, and Eurasia.

One thing I noticed in MD is the amount of XP you get.

on Greaea and other high level mobile defences my frame gets about 50k xp, and weapons around 20k xp, which is great when doing a 3-4th forma reset of a weapon.

Also with the introduction of survival, when you obliterate an infinite amount of enemies I think Xini and other popular defence locations will start to be more obsolete.

And finally with the recent drop tables v 2.0 its enemies that drop specific mods, so only slashing infested wont give you other mods that you might be looking for.

The only reason why I go to Xini is are materials and the odd Key. Which is also the main reason why others go there as well, if I do need to grind a few levels for a frame or weapon I tend to go to Kappa for a few easy ones then its off to Cyath or Kiste to finish it off. And I never have trouble finding a group there's always someone there, if there isn't go do some other short mission and try again. Crying about removing an easy a hell resource grind ain't gonna help. A better one to cry about are those rescue missions with that moron AI for the hostage, dummy is always getting stuck on random geometry and dieing to  some random mob....usually a damn roller or Infested crawler.

Edited by Nurmetya

While I dislike there being a game mode that is better for everything than others...removing a specific mission just to piss people off is childish.

If something so petty ruins the game's fun for you so much maybe it's time for a break.

This is a troll thread. Please lock and/or delete.

Xini is the most boring mission but you are forced to run it because its the only place people go even though the Xp sucks and the mods suck both in variety and in numbers. For example i can run Cyath and get 5-10 levels of a frame or weapon leveled in 1 run and get 40-80 mods in one run, yet the sheep all flock to Xini day after day even after they nerfed that place. Its just boring to have to either wait around trying to get a group going for other missions which sometimes takes me 4 hours to get a group going for anything Non-Xini and it just makes me not want to log on anymore from boredom. Change Xini to like a spy mission to &!$$ people off please.

Finishing the starchart requires a lot of soloing and will probably require it for a while until the player population grows more. You kill Xini people will flock to another planet. What then? Kill everything else too? A problem that's been drifting around for ages is content has never been "equal" reward wise thus people don't usually drift to random missions.

I farm(ed) Xini for 2 reasons.

1. Slightly higher (as in reported a bit more) drop rate for Banshee helm blueprints. (Still took me 2.5 weeks)

2. I really like using my melee weapons to fight and it just happens to have 3X damage to infested, making the missions much easier for me, even though I'm using a underpowered frame like Mag.

Now that I have my Banshee made, I don't plan on ever returning to Xini (if I can help it).

Xini is the most boring mission but you are forced to run it because its the only place people go even though the Xp sucks and the mods suck both in variety and in numbers. For example i can run Cyath and get 5-10 levels of a frame or weapon leveled in 1 run and get 40-80 mods in one run, yet the sheep all flock to Xini day after day even after they nerfed that place. Its just boring to have to either wait around trying to get a group going for other missions which sometimes takes me 4 hours to get a group going for anything Non-Xini and it just makes me not want to log on anymore from boredom. Change Xini to like a spy mission to &!$$ people off please.

Look for friends willing to go to other missions. Done!

T3 keys and decent XP is the only reason to run Xini (yes, I said decent XP. I've found I get better XP gains from 20-30 waves of Xini than I do from anything else).

Of course, with Survival coming in, that may change in the future, so you just might get your wish...

No, turn it into a rescue mission that always has a secondary spy objective.

In all seriousness though removing it wouldn't help. People would just run histo instead or maybe valefor (at least the map is better). And if they want to run Xini they should be allowed to do it. I agree it's annoying waiting hours for narcissus or Varro but people should be allowed to play whatever they want.