Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limited and daily alerts that rewards platinum, etc.

slaking21

13 minutes ago, LazyBlissIV said:

plenty of other f2p games offer their premium currency in game as rewards , so I don't really think this is that bad of an idea

How many of them let you trade it with other players directly?

Most companies willing to give it away as rewards won't let players trade it directly...They lose control over it then.

Edited by Padre_Akais

Trade is so robust there really isn’t a need.  Platinum and prime parts are just very easy to acquire, even vaulted ones.  Having lots of play just speeds up the ability to get things.  I don’t need to get anything right away. Waiting for clan research to get the ball rolling is fine for me.  Prime access used to be something I always got, but now I just get the accessory pack instead.  

I agree that there is a need for more special events though.   With event exclusive mods and items, obtainable again at a later date of course, players can gain.  I especially have a fondness for ones that pit the community against one another like the Gradivus Dilemna (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gradivus_Dilemma). Sure it took ages for the Dera and Brakk to become available again, but it was awesome.  I supported the Corpus so I got screwed, but it was still awesome.  If they did stuff like that every six to eight weeks the community would be tickled. Put some of it on POE or Fortuna, and on regular missions. Create more cycling event style stuff the community can build up for specific items or crafting materials.  Give us more stuff we have to work for and you won’t here the phrase “content drought” ever again.  

29 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

How many of them let you trade it with other players directly?

Most companies willing to give it away as rewards won't let players trade it directly...They lose control over it then.

what kind of control would they be losing? especially if they're the ones generating the special alerts or whatever.

I really don't see how it would be any different from how things are now from a game developer standpoint, also keep in mind twitch streamers, youtubers, and even DE have given away plat to players in the past.  The fact that we can trade plat hasn't seemed to cause any issues thus far, so why would it change?

I don't know if it would hurt DE to give some slots as alert rewards every few months, it'd give people a way to get those slots without inserting free platinum and help new players. But it would be the same as giving platinum free because those slots are usually bought with platinum, and DE might need at least one commonly needed thing you can only buy with platinum, and potatoes and formas are not it, even though potatoes are way too scarce to not buy them with platinum. So giving free slots might work if it was done rarely enough.

I'm not sure it increases the appeal of the game though. Oh yeah and you do get free slots already through twitch. I wish it was some alert instead because I don't roll with that twitchy stuff.

12 minutes ago, LazyBlissIV said:

what kind of control would they be losing? especially if they're the ones generating the special alerts or whatever.

I really don't see how it would be any different from how things are now from a game developer standpoint, also keep in mind twitch streamers, youtubers, and even DE have given away plat to players in the past.  The fact that we can trade plat hasn't seemed to cause any issues thus far, so why would it change?

DEs prize plat can't be traded. It's controlled. All other plat had to be created by someone's money. If they reward piddly amount of alertium plat, it would be quarantined so people won't be farming alt accounts.

It would be a good idea if alerts just give you full warframes, potatoed and all, plus their signature weapons. That would decrease farming time!

Also just give everyone 1000 plat straight away. That will greatly help all players, right?

7 hours ago, Firetempest said:

DEs prize plat can't be traded. It's controlled. All other plat had to be created by someone's money. If they reward piddly amount of alertium plat, it would be quarantined so people won't be farming alt accounts.

that's interesting, I wasn't aware that you couldn't trade prize plat and alt account shenanigans is something I  also didn't consider.  

29 minutes ago, LazyBlissIV said:

that's interesting, I wasn't aware that you couldn't trade prize plat and alt account shenanigans is something I  also didn't consider.  

You couldn't trade the first 60(? I don't rmember how much exactly) you started the game with either.

sry guys, no offense but this entire thread is bogus
in the past years warframe got exponentially easier. players nowadays get it all handed to them. and yet they want more.
you want plat? earn it!
you want frames? farm them!
it has NEVER been easier than now.