Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens for weapons I don't have

(PSN)GOTWIC

Question

I haven't "opened" a riven yet, and instead, have been selling them for quick plat, but I have started to pay attention to them more. For my rifles, I have dread, rubico, Vectis p and soma. If I finish the challenge on a rifle riven, am I guaranteed to get a riven for one of those rifles (the ones I listed previously) or can it be for any rifle in the game? I don't want to get a riven for mk1 braton, cause I coulda sold the unrevealed version for 20plat.

Let's just say that I can only get a riven for a weapon I have. if I sell my soma before revealing the riven, and then open the riven, is there a chance that the riven will be for the soma?  Thanks, guys.

8 answers to this question

Nope ... Unlocking Rivens count for ALL weapons in the game ... so you will most likely end up with a Riven for a weapon you dont have. (I.E i dont have the Sigma & Octanis but i have 2 Rivens for it ... lucky me).

With that said it's obvious that Rifle, Secondary, Shotgun and Melee Rivens unlock in their respective fields.

Edited by Errodin

Your own personal inventory doesn't influence the riven roll at all.  The riven can be any weapon that exists in-game at the time of revealing, meaning a riven can reveal a weapon that was created after it was. 

Also, a riven works for all variants of a weapon, though what counts as a variant isn't always intuitive.  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods#Notes lists what counts and what doesn't:

9 minutes ago, (PS4)GOT_WIC said:

Thanks all for your answers, though I'm not happy with them 😞 no wonder people want so many rivens.

Dude just open some rivens and maybe you get a trash at first but you might also get good ones too like a lanka

Rivens work like this:

Do sortie, receive a riven, return to ship and inspect riven to determine challenge, complete riven challenge, return to ship / cetus, open riven, look at a riven for a weapon you don't even remember mastering, check wiki for weapon stats etc, check riven market for possible riven value, laugh and cry at the same time, dismantle riven for endo or sell via in-game market chat for nominal plat, log in the next day and do it all again.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.