Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Warframes and Umbral Upgrade

digimbyte

Warframes in the game have only one path of upgrade through the process of Prime alternatives, it has been a community favourite of an alternative to the Orokin Prime's and some frames have had some scrutiny about being primed as it conflicts with the warframes lore.

My feedback is to utilize existing features and gameplay to enhance Syndicate Warframes and other Non-Prime Warframes through the process of Umbral Upgrades, a sentinal that is constructible from the foundry that you then install via the infested chair. this process is permanent and cannot be undone.
once installed, a user is able to use the chair to tweak the warframes ability focus like a malleable focus tree, allowing players to enhance and increase certain abilities traits, not a significant amount but enough that the warframe is customizable and on par with Prime buffs.
another passive trait would be that when the player is using the Operator, the warframe is sentient much like a shadow specter
the Player can then could build and install Umbra Modules that act like forma to create Umbra Slots

The goal is to enhance non-Prime friendly Warframes without breaking lore, utilizing the infested room more, and possibly expanding the functionality of that room from a glorified button. all while utilizing existing content and enabling more ways to play warframe by using a modular style of gameplay
(ps, removing the boil doesn't remove it, it just makes it smaller, plz fix)

Only Prime continuity conflict I can think of is Valkyr. Technically speaking Revenant would be one as well but, every Warframe is lore-wise based off a Prime nowadays.

In addition DE already confirmed that there will be no Umbral polarities so doubt you'll get "Umbra Modules" since Umbra Polarities will stay unique to Umbra items.

2 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

In addition DE already confirmed that there will be no Umbral polarities so doubt you'll get "Umbra Modules" since Umbra Polarities will stay unique to Umbra items.

In terms of logic, that pretty much confirms future additions for umbra items and frames. It was unclear to me what the plan had become.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime

Seeing everything OP mentioned would be nice, except for umbral polarities. We have no reason to add more power creep like that. But I think it would take DE way too much work to implement every frame their individual focus tree, so nah, rather have some new levels and game modes.

12 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Only Prime continuity conflict I can think of is Valkyr.

Valkyr was not made by Alad V, reread what "forged" means.

12 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

We're at the point now where someone in the modern history should be making new warframes. Ballas is literally alive... More or less

He's not exactly working with the full support and resources of the Orokin Empire these days. There is nobody except us and a handful of others that even know what the frames are, let alone how to make them.

12 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Only Prime continuity conflict I can think of is Valkyr. Technically speaking Revenant would be one as well but, every Warframe is lore-wise based off a Prime nowadays.

There's no conflict with Valkyr and Valkyr Prime. Valkyr was just stripped of her armor and tortured/experimented on, with Gersemi being her "intact" armor. Valkyr Prime is still the warrior, but without the scars and torture.

Spoiler

9KpFHBo.png

Edited by Endrian

14 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

We're at the point now where someone in the modern history should be making new warframes. Ballas is literally alive... More or less

Well does anyone besides us have access to the Helminth? Or the actual knowledge of how to make a frame from scratch AND how they were given their abilities? I doubt Ballas was going around giving that information or willy nilly. The only person in the system who could make a new frame is Hunhow and he still would need helminth and some way to control it.

Edited by Atsia

23 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

That would be the biggest deal.  Like someone building space magic super nukes by sacrificing children to a dark god. You don't just make new warframes...