Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you solo sorties with any weapon?

Zi-Sui

And before you post yes, for the sake of fairness and challenge you are not allowed to use abilities, operator and pizzas. Because that's no fun. All you can do is mod whatever you choose.

So I dare you, pick whatever, mod it however you like and solo a sortie with it. You are allowed to use any mods on the frame too but no abilities. Vigorous Swap...

I'm gonna do this MK1-Braton, MK1-Furis and MK1-Furax. Already formaed them to max and got every other mod maxed except primed bane/expel. And let me tell you, those actually can do the job unless it's grineer or corrupted, then you will need Vigorous Swap and primed bane/expel as well as get the elements right.

This isn't that hard with melee but you might run out of bullets and die before you kill them. So for challenge, use melee only if you're out of bullets, if even then.

Also don't use carrier and tanky frames, mods are your only crutch/wheelchair.

Edited by BoarWarrior

It’s fairly easy to do. I nearly always solo sorties without using abilities. People can bring Kavats right?

A fully modded Tigris Prime is not going to have all that many issues for example.

Edited by krc473

Kavat is a bit of a crutch, adarza at least, smeeta too when it procs crit. Oh yeah and you shouldn't really bring pets since they can do the killing for you, in fact Diriga should be your companion if you want a challenge. With Djinn you can't run out of revives, Helios exposes weak spots, carrier is just OP with ammo, and well Wyrm is acceptable and Shade.

I don't doubt prime weapons can do it, but how about the weapons we consider the worst?

Edited by BoarWarrior

4 minutes ago, Genitive said:

So Sheev and Seer maybe? I don't think I'm brave enough to try it.

I think you can do it with both, especially Sheev since to my knowledge it's a melee weapon. Just go for it if you feel secure about the modding, quarenteed fun.

Edit: just googled both weapons, you definitely can do it with either one, especially with Seer, that thing is damn OP compared to my MK1-Furis that can kill level 100 enemy without reloading lol. I say without reloading because it does take a lot of ammo.

🙂

Edited by BoarWarrior

10 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Pfffff hahaha.

iQLD9VV.png

Wow that's a beast, I bet you don't have a problem doing any infested and corpus sorties with that. Grineer and corrupted might still be a problem though, a lot of armor at sortie levels.

I was thinking of primed weapons at first, but no Abilities....

Sancti Tigris might be better than Tigris Prime since the Syndicate proc AOE the whole place.
Maybe pair it off with Vaykor Marelok so Corrosive and Blast AOE.
That might be cheating.

Again this really depends on the type of mission, if spy mission it become easy to pull off without firing a shot, 
if Survival is still possible to keep killing enemies.

Defense and Mobile Defense ONLY for the challenge might be the most challenging.
Since you need to guard an objective that is with a non tanky frame (I suppose frames with 15 - 65 armor)

modding for damage reduction and EHP increase with Quick Thinking, Rage etc will be restricted.

Infested and Corpus are fodder tiers to weapons, so Grineer Only

Here is my list
Grineer - Defense / Mobile Defense level 80 - 100 (Eximus Stronghold)
Frame - anything with 15 - 65 armor, no damage reduction mods/ passive
Abilities use restricted, Operator restricted - toggle off all focus abilities and passive

Restricted Mods - Acolyte, Primed, Rivens, Vault, Orokin Principle Challenge,
Auger, Gladiator, Sacrificial, Umbral, Hunter, Vigilante, Baro 
Syndicate mods, including Simaris mods.

Restricted Aura
Corrosive Projection, Growing Power, Power Detonation, Steel Charge, Dead Eye, Rifle Amp, Pistol Amp,
Shotgun Amp, Stand United, Toxin Resistance, Rejuvenation, Empowered Blades.

Restricted Precept - Sanctuary, Guardian, Shield Charger, Vacuum, Ammo Case, Revive, 
Any Damage, Crit Buff mods - Cat's Eye etc
Link Health, Link Shield, Link Armor

Restricted weapons - Primed, Prisma, Wraith, Vandal, Syndicate
Broken Sceptor, War, Broken War, Skiajati (Quest)
Detron, Brakk, Dread, Despair, Hate. (Stalker, Zanuka, G3)

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

• 3 weeks later...