The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

the 3 power is the 1 i dont like.make it like a bastile style called:

''Grasping hands''

necro awakes the dead,the dead begin to search for a victim,holding in place your foes to a max of 10 tagets.

this could give him a lil crowd control ability.

Doesnt his totem thing scare everyone around him and those who are close will get locked in place while those farther back run off?

"Search the Dead" and "Clone the Dead"?

Those names are awful.

Search the Dead is just such a mediocre skill too. It adds nothing particularly fun to the character and nothing to the game. It would be really much more interesting to see something that increased his movement speed and made him intangible, damaging and slowing people he walked throw. On top of that, turn "Terror Totem" into just "Terror" and focus it around him. It would be fun to see a support that still gets in there.

Well, its necro...u want "scavenge the dead" and "Rise the dead"? kind of re-adjusted everything you know. "Conjure lech" would be nice...keep the nerf right at lest instead of having 200 undead nano bot clone them...

hmm maybe we should Egypt version? like use scarab devour dead and convert into something that would be sick and cool. nano scarab eating the dead and turning into energy or whatever they can make. Then "Conjure the Dead" would be mighty powerful body guards forum by nano bots instead of making 100 soldiers that you killed.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

Also, a lot of people want the corpses to explode to make a more Diablo necromancer.  This is not Diablo.  This 'frame will not be like a Diablo necromancer.  If you want one, you will have to go and play Diablo.  This is Warframe.  It will/should be unlike other necromancers and perform differently. 

Also, a lot of people want the corpses to explode to make a more Diablo necromancer.  This is not Diablo.  This 'frame will not be like a Diablo necromancer.  If you want one, you will have to go and play Diablo.  This is Warframe.  It will/should be unlike other necromancers and perform differently. 

But everybody WANTS the Diablo 2 Necromancer! That is ALL they have wanted since they heard the name!!!!

Who CARES if it makes SENSE? That doesn't matter. All that matters is what they want.

I DO think the 4th ability should be 'Summon Amazon,Assassin,Druid,Paladin,Necromancer,Sorceress AND DIABLO!'

Edited by Kalenath

I'm excited to see how this warframe plays, liking most of the skills except for #3 like most people.  I like the idea of getting more loot but I'm unsure how it will play since corpses don't tend to stay long and some other warframe abilities vaporize enemies instantly.  I suggest a tweak of the skill, rather than searching a corpse, which is what it sounds like to me by the name "search the dead".  Call the skill "Marked for death" mark all enemies in a radius, when they die they drop extra loot. I'm suggesting a radius for this skill but could it work as a single target skill as well. This way we can change up the name a little and it will work well with the other skills as well as with other warframes. What do you think?

Looks like pretty iconic necro powers except for one thing... no life transfer abilities.

Personally I would like to see some sort of PBAoE soul siphon type power replace the loot power.  Soul Siphon could deal X armor ignoring damage upfront in a moderate PBAoE with some % of that healing the Necro frame over 6 seconds.  If the Necro frame is at max health any allies within X meters are healed where however much health per pulse is divided up between the allies.  Additionally, assuming pets are timed, any pets near the necro frame have their timers reset in addition to healing.  Soul Siphon would end up a relatively powerful self heal and moderate support for revived pets and other players.  +Duration modifiers would have no effect on this power.

Obviously if this idea did make it, there would need to be some max cap on the number of revived mobs to prevent massive hordes of revives.

the 3 power is the 1 i dont like.make it like a bastile style called:

''Grasping hands''

necro awakes the dead,the dead begin to search for a victim,holding in place your foes to a max of 10 tagets.

this could give him a lil crowd control ability.

Actually the fear totem has tons of crowd control potential. It would be a little like bastille.

I'm excited to see how this warframe plays, liking most of the skills except for #3 like most people.  I like the idea of getting more loot but I'm unsure how it will play since corpses don't tend to stay long and some other warframe abilities vaporize enemies instantly.  I suggest a tweak of the skill, rather than searching a corpse, which is what it sounds like to me by the name "search the dead".  Call the skill "Marked for death" mark all enemies in a radius, when they die they drop extra loot. I'm suggesting a radius for this skill but could it work as a single target skill as well. This way we can change up the name a little and it will work well with the other skills as well as with other warframes. What do you think?

Actually that sounds much better to me.

Some ideas I made.

Abilities:

Kamikaze - [50 Energy]

This ability creates (resurrects) a zombified enemy type (Grineer Soldier, Crewman, or Infested Runner) from the ground in front, where it has 50% increase movement with no shields and 100 health. It will run towards the direction that it is placed attracting enemies towards it where it then fights until it dies causing an explosion dealing 50/75/100/150 AoE damage.  

Phase Shift - [50 Energy]

This ability makes the user into a ghost state (Screen will be distorted) where they are invisible and can walk through enemies, but can't use any weapons. Walking through and contacting enemies with your body will cause them to have 50% decreased speed and 50% decreased armor. Lasts for 4/5/6/8 seconds. 

Darvaza - [75 Energy] - (Name of this ability is a refers to (Persian:The Gate, also known as Darvaza)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derweze

- This ability is unique that you can hold the ability button for a longer casting time to achieve full effect (Hold button longer to increase radius, max size is 4 in game meters for 5 secs casting ). It creates an ethereal pit where any enemy that walks over it is grappled in by dead beings dealing 500 damage to each target. It dissipates after 4/5/6/8 enemies cross it. Enemies that die are dragged in, tougher enemies will stay until damage is dealt then proceed ahead 25% slowed until out of AoE.

Resurrection - [100 Energy]

- This ability creates 5 Zombified units ( Any random enemy type) that come out around the caster and fight for you (Melee only)(They have no shield, but have 50% increased damage and 25% increased speed). They will infect other enemies if they are hit by them. They fight until a max of 6/7/8/10 enemies are hit (infected) then all zombified units (Including infected) decompose.

Armor Debuff (Armor is a strongest setback for weapons end game)

Crowd Control (After Vauban nerf)

Additional Ammo and Energy (Both could be problematic to obtain enough end game)

Several Heavies with the same lvl as mobs... (Great DPS with High enough HP buffer to tank)

Frame balance? No, didn't heard 'bout it....

Terror totem should not make enemies flee, it would be better if it provided an armor debuff and caused slow/freeze that way you could make 1 skill something more useful. How about a corpse explosion skill? That would be pretty damn fun.

true terror totem, but exploding corpse this isn't prototype you know. even thou we do have exploding zombies in some other games.  I say scarab eat the live or dead victim and drop double the loot for "Search the dead". So you ppl will not find this ability so useless, not everything is all about attack power you know. Rhino have defensive ability and few warframe doesn't have all attack power.

recalling "Search the dead" to be "Devour the dead" cuz we get nano scarab eat the living (dmg a little by little until victum fall dead and devour it quick) or dead and drop double the loot from the victim body.  It only can target 2 when upgrading first add 3 target, second add 4 and 3rd add 5 target live or dead. Cool down wait for 30 second (reduce the over spam). Pretty much yes I watch movie "The Mummy" not bad movie scary fest to go with. Not only that it would connect Egypt scarab to the lich who use leeches or other stuff to do so undead.

Now quit whinning about "Search the dead" is going be useless, now I made it little better and make ppl happy

Armor Debuff (Armor is a strongest setback for weapons end game)

Crowd Control (After Vauban nerf)

Additional Ammo and Energy (Both could be problematic to obtain enough end game)

Several Heavies with the same lvl as mobs... (Great DPS with High enough HP buffer to tank)

Frame balance? No, didn't heard 'bout it....

Vauban did got nerf a bit, it just his second ability is going get nerf a bit.  First thing he had nerf, tesla, second his float-able ult ability and now his bounce ability.  I don't think his 3rd ability need be nerf.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

Wow this frame looks amazing... I would however change:

SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses (health, energy, ammo, etc).

To me it seems more like a Mod than an ability and put life drain back as you mentioned in the livestream

Whatever the DE's decide i will still support 

cant wait till update 10

Wow this frame looks amazing... I would however change:

To me it seems more like a Mod than an ability and put life drain back as you mentioned in the livestream

Whatever the DE's decide i will still support 

cant wait till update 10

If you agree change "search the dead" to be "Devour the dead" that would change at lest and keep things not completely change in that ability.

ok ok, how about change the "Soul punch" which we are getting unhappy players for names of it.  We gotta go wither either do the good "Fus Ro Dah" or just not surprised the players which come up few names for it

"Dark bolt"

"Howling Souls"

"Bloodling Hollows"

that pretty much 3 names I guess come up with , I think howling souls sound creepy and fitting necro class, bloodling hollows does sound more creepy and thinking about it. Dark bolt...eh, dark art for necro to use.

I change my mind about names.

Soul Punch: Evocation, a process used in conjurative rituals (such as Necromancy) to externally summon spirits, or expel spirits from the body.

Terror Totem: Omen / Grim Tiding

Search the Dead: Reaping Burn it...

Clone the Dead: Witching Hour, the time of night (midnight) during which witches and demons are at their most powerful and bad luck is most likely to befall you.

Edited by Archwizard

About the names:

Soul Punch --> Exorcism

Terror Totem --> Fear the Reaper

Search the Dead --> Gravedigger (but anyway i would totally change this skill with Decay, which i proposed at page 48 and 50)

Clone the Dead --> Second Dawn

Edited by Phoenix86

I think that the 2 and 3 abilities could be a little more thought out. I don't get a scavenger feel from a necro warframe. The abilities could be a lot darker in nature. While terror totem kind of makes sense, I think it could be made a little darker in nature, Such as doing damage or increasing damage done to the enemy within it's radius. Grave Digger just seems out of place, especially with bodies of all the enemies disappearing quickly after death. 

On a completely side note I think it'd be cool if he didn't have basically any health but could use energy as a secondary "shield" and if was out of energy you would slowly use health until you died. 

Out of curiosity, did anyone catch a glimpse as to the original description of Life Drain before it was edited out? Someone on the front page seemed to know an awful lot about it...

Life drain seems like it could be really strong if mixed with the Equilibrium mod. Significant energy and health.

Edit: And now life drain is gone? I think I liked that better than search the dead.

About the names:

Soul Punch --> Exorcism

Terror Totem --> Fear the Reaper

Search the Dead --> Gravedigger (but anyway i would totally change this skill with Decay, which i proposed at page 48 and 50)

Clone the Dead --> Second Dawn

do you know exorcism means?  That is bansh the dead.

Fear reaper...I think should call "Terror Render" keep ppl stop complaining about the name

Grave Digger? Why not "Devour the Dead" which suggested scarab eat living and dead and max target an upgrade is 5 which trying reduce OP with it a bit and also its more fitting as name necro as warframe.

Second Dawn?  I don't see it at all....life drain would be nice if it come final, but I don't think necro wanted be handle that way.  I think Conjure the dead be better.  Its fun and they great guards men ever cuz they like extendable unites unlike your sentinel which only have small chance come back form the dead or either you die and get revived which more annoying.  Anyway back subject, We want something keep the creepiness and strike fear in good name as stand by necro rightful name his ability.  If not, then your just changing his name and his ability.

Edited by ChaoticEdge