Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

Well no, but for Nekros you'd want mods like Continuity/Constitution, Stretch, Focus, Flow and/or Streamline. A defense slot may not be bad but it's nowhere near as useful for a caster-type frame as Attack and Tactical.

But a defense mod costs more

No update :(

Edited by dukelego

gotta agree with the community on this one.... the re naming of search the dead....

hands down most useless ability only rivaled by switch teleport and that is still debatable.

DE forget all the other crap people posted on here about the other stuff

search the dead was the most complained about ability in the game...

forma ing its slot first chance I get =/

I came up with better name for ult ability for necro

"Reanimated Golems"

In the game, they said in the story about golem use to be in the war against the (please excuse me for not spelling name corret) Eciten war.  So pretty much its kind of undead monster you summon, but made of nano machines still and forum up different part of the enemies strong part like the ancient infested's whip or either grineer heavy gat's smash ability.  Mere copy for defensive ability and also their attacks you encounter.

Everyone have to agree how much golem/s can spawn using necro's ult, we wanted it to be strong and equal number of every warframe is made to be in such role.  how size, speed, numbers of themselves, own defs, and its own attack that will make up golem and his upgrades.

The 3rd...well I think that would be ok or an issue for other ppl.  I thought having scarabs "devouring the dead" or live enemies would help getting the loot faster. which I had no one agree on that (its not sick when you are playing and cutting down enemies in half like chopping them like a butcher or "Making them into hamburgers meat" what really sick is you eat them alive or dead by yourself which it is really sick to me which I am not sure rest of you guys or ladies)

As we are going with the rethink "search the dead" replacing ability and possible or try temp fuse it different way. I think necro should have helping ability like armored players, have warframe ability boost (which sort of rhino job with melee boost which it was very handy), "Sacrifice" energy or health (mostly it is going be health) shield to be pure energy points for you or all your buddies with you which it would be high risky which we do have weapons that can kill ourselves *looking at my torid gun that nearly kill me*, anyway trinity would be liking to partner up with necro most likely if his ability can share energy or absorbed energy from the enemies and share his energy with players..

Pretty much I am still puzzled what everyeone want exactly anyway.

Third skill is terrible. The corpses dissipate before you can really even use it and they only drop health orbs. There is also a Power in use bug with Bring Out Your Dead.

Yes we all know the third skill is horrible, but listen if you don't agree with that ability.  You better start +1 someone with great idea with that ability or you can make it yourself greater idea for it.

Been playing him since the patch dropped (had some plat spare). He's junk, just terrible.

His look is amazing, great animation, great presentation but his abilities, wow, none of them are any good (could just be buggy, who knows)

Soul Punch - it's  slash dash, minus the movement but with a healthy does of "hey, nothing happened there but my energy vanished!"

Terror - it's chaos, nerfed chaos, but still chaos.

Desecrate - er, its kinda rubbish, bodies vanish too fast to be usefull and it costs way to much to use.

Ulti skill - so damn buggy, locked out after 1 use, every game. Raised dead don't give you xp for kills, sometimes, they stand around and shoot at each other :P

Edited by Keltik0ne

So I added this in another post.  How about combining desecrate and terror together and make it a tier3 power?  The enemies that are killed while being terrorized will drop more items.  Add life drain or some other fantasy style power that also doesn't belong in Warframe.

Been playing him since the patch dropped (had some plat spare). He's junk, just terrible.

His look is amazing, great animation, great presentation but his abilities, wow, none of them are any good (could just be buggy, who knows)

Soul Punch - it's  slash dash, minus the movement but with a healthy does of "hey, nothing happened there but my energy vanished!"

Terror - it's chaos, nerfed chaos, but still chaos.

Desecrate - er, its kinda rubbish, bodies vanish too fast to be usefull and it costs way to much to use.

Ulti skill - so damn buggy, locked out after 1 use, every game. Raised dead don't give you xp for kills, sometimes, they stand around and shoot at each other :P

I agree with Soul Punch, it is WAY too weak for it to be any useful.

Terrify is not anything like Chaos besides getting them to stop shooting at you. Terrify's AoE is very small, and the time on it is very short. The part where they take increased dmg is barely, if even, noticeable. 

Desecrate is not useful at all really. The bodies disappear too quickly and by the time you try getting in range and casting, they poof.

Shadows of the Dead is not that bad. The AI could use some tweaking, maybe a little buff, but for the most part, good.It would be nice if some of the AI that are summoned act as body guards and follow you around while others move and attack freely.

Edited by AbsolutionZero

OK. I bought Nekros because i love satanic black metal and black metal and it would have been immorally wrong for me not too. Now, after extensive use of his abilities i am completely satisfied. EXCEPT with search the dead ability. Bodies don't sit around long for the ability to be useful (granted its usefulness is limited in the first place)

What i think should be done with the ability is a small AoE type duration that when you kill them they drop the extra rather then the cast then affect.

To be honest the casting animation actually exceeds the length of time for which bodies remain behind.

Since the ability has been renamed to desecrate it is fine to have a small AoE and it'll still fit. This means that only enemies that die in your immediate proximity or enemies you have killed will be affected by desecrate and it makes it less useless.

This frame (you can tell) was built for the survival game type. which IMO is good.

Nekros is actually pretty fun to use, though you will have to rework the corpses so that we can use Search The Dead after the room is dead, they disappear too quickly and trying to use it during a fight leaves you open far too long.

Terrify needs to be amped up, I used it a few times but it doesn't seem to do anything, enemies aren't running away or anything, even used it while in a mob and it had 0 effect.

For Shadows of The Dead, while it's cool and all that we even get to resurrect shield osprey, they should provide you with their shield boost for the duration of SoTD or until they get killed. The dead also seem to be attacking eachother and they also don't yield you xp whenever they kill, which they should.

He's still a good frame, just for the moment, not a 375 platinum frame. Seems more like a 125 Plat frame. I would even go as low as a 75 plat frame, but they'res still a lot of work you have to do if your looking to farm for his parts, but he's not really worth it either way until his abilities get major buffs.

Edited by __Kanade__

So I added this in another post.  How about combining desecrate and terror together and make it a tier3 power?  The enemies that are killed while being terrorized will drop more items.  Add life drain or some other fantasy style power that also doesn't belong in Warframe.

hmm not a bad idea.