Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want To Buy A House In Cetus

Kavzar_The_Blind

Ever since I first came to Cetus, I have loved the place, but I want to be able to feel like I actually live there, amongst the Ostrons. That being said, I just don't want to buy a house, but I would like to be able to choose which of the various houses there are in Cetus I could live in, with varying costs of both credits and/or Ostron Standing (the ones closer to the Unum's tower would be larger per square footage and therefore have a higher cost, mirroring real estate in real life). Granted, one should be in the highest rank of Ostron standing before being able to buy a house, as only Kin would be allowed to live in Cetus. I have always wondered what an Ostron's house looks like on the inside, and this would be an excellent way of adding a bit more immersion and depth to the game.

That is a nice idea. Put in one vote for me.

Realistically, that might not come to cetus or fortuna at all, and if it does, it wont be for a while. This is DE we are talking about. They take their craft very seriously and so if they make the function in way that would seem awkward or half assed, they wont do it until they come up with a better way.

Depends on the implementation. It will probably require unlimited instancing similar to Dojo and Orbiter or else you run into the issue that Final Fantasy 14 faces with its housing where everyone fights over a limited number of houses in a housing ward. Frankly, DE has done a wonderful job in regards to clan housing with the Dojo. I don't see them dropping the ball if they decided to do Cetus housing. It would be rather unique in the game too, seeing as in order to access Dojo housing, one must be in a clan, and we only can be in one clan. And the Orbiter lacks the building and room customization of the Dojo. Marrying both ideas together for individual housing shouldn't require them to reinvent their wheel so to speak. +1 from me.

Edited by xZeromusx

On 2018-10-25 at 11:29 PM, AndouRaiton said:

Better to buy a house in Cetus than in Fortuna; i heard those can cost an arm and a leg.

All jokes aside; I agree, it would be nice to be able to have a home away from the orbiter, and we could even choose to start there when we log in as an added bonus.

Now being able to choose where you load up would be nice.

I was actually thinking about this idea earlier after looking through some of the clan dojos on display. Why not get a house from Simaris? And by house I mean Virtual Reality Space you can mold yourself. So if you get bored of a planet, tell Ordis to change the landscape and whether. Don't get me wrong, the Orbiter is nice but... Well, it's not very homey. Especially with some of the hidden and not so hidden secrets in it. I mean, if Simaris has the time to design and sell a video game console to the Tenno, I think he can definitely afford to give the Tenno their own personal Sanctuaries.