The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Garuda's Crossbow....

Kerberos-3

5 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

but with a little bit of modding and a Mag/other synergising frame it is god tire

Yeah but that means people have to use their grey matter. One thing I've learnt from the forum and the game's community is that' having to use your brain is wrong and bad.

Edited by LupisV0lk

5 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Yeah but that means people have to use their grey matter. One thing I've learnt from the forum and the game's community is that' having to use your brain is wrong and bad

I blame one guy in particular.  there are a lot of guns that are good and even great if modded properly (properly is not the normal build)

Just now, spirit_of_76 said:

I blame one guy in particular.  there are a lot of guns and frames that are good and even great if modded properly (properly is not the normal build)

FTFY

Yeah, after Khora's savaging by the npc's i came to realise that the warframe youtubers aren't the brightest of the bunch since all but Rob from AGGP didn't pointed out her kits self synergy. After Rev i've pretty much shunned them all apart from one or two for some builds and Quite Shallow for her memes.

2 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Yeah, after Khora's savaging by the npc's i came to realise that the warframe youtubers aren't the brightest of the bunch since all but Rob from AGGP didn't pointed out her kits self synergy. After Rev i've pretty much shunned them all apart from one or two for some builds and Quite Shallow for her memes.

I watched ones that did point them out but they are much smaller.  the quality of content is inversely proportional in channel size in this game

Edited by spirit_of_76

48 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

FTFY

That same Rob also stated that you shouldn’t mod Khora for range, and yet now with her augment Accumulating Whipclaw (as shown by MCGamerCZ) she’s a dps goddess with a good crit stat stick if you do mod for range. 😏

But to stay on topic:

Some day... some day...

56 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

I blame one guy in particular.  there are a lot of guns that are good and even great if modded properly (properly is not the normal build)

That's because a lot of them don't experiment with things themselves and only take the easiest route to do anything.  

You can also lay some of the blame on Warframe builder for this too.  

7 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's what you get the riven for.  To boost it's crit chance.  Everything else is already boosted.  😄

Not worth it.

I had one with roughly +230% crit chance (thats only 46% increase on top of the 50% it had with point srike) but it didn't pay off simply because it was never meant to be a crit bow (as in: it was never supposed to be good in the current meta)
Combine that with the standard 2x crit damage and the incredibly long wind up (for a bow) and you are left with a trash tier weapon thats only good with immense resource investment while it never reaches above the "good enough for mid level" tier

Sigh.. Crossbows can be used in bow only sorties, and get the "2x for bows" On fire rate mods. 

Primed shred giving +110% firerate and  2.2  punch through on its already dart passive of killed enemies continue the shot to next target is extremely good. 

Choose you flavor, criteria or status/hybrid.

This new crossbow is going to have to bring a lot to the table. Zhuge is already one of the two hardest hitting full  auto  primaries. 

15 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

... is yet another crossbow thats actually a silenced assault rifle with projectiles instead of hitscan. Seriously DE, when can we have an actual Crossbow, one of the most requested weapons out there.

Attica prime anyone?

1 hour ago, Jim22 said:

Attica prime anyone?

Leave Attica (Prime or otherwise) out of this nonsense.

Prime's are supposed to be more refined versions of what the weapon already is and the Attica is an automatic. 

The OP is basically asking for a Daikyu set on a stock and with better crit and I am sure there will be 20 or 30 people who will scream about how much they dig the idea.

...At least until it actually gets released.

5 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Leave Attica (Prime or otherwise) out of this nonsense.

Prime's are supposed to be more refined versions of what the weapon already is and the Attica is an automatic. 

The OP is basically asking for a Daikyu set on a stock and with better crit and I am sure there will be 20 or 30 people who will scream about how much they dig the idea.

...At least until it actually gets released.

Give it stats like rubico prime with 1 shot and 1,5 sec reload, a nice alt fire with aoe and its a good addition to the arsenal

9 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Give it stats like rubico prime with 1 shot and 1,5 sec reload, a nice alt fire with aoe and its a good addition to the arsenal

Nope...

It needs to just be Daikyu on a rifle stock...Period.

Only AOE it needs is to fire a rubber chicken with a squeaky BAKAAAAW!!! sound from the chicken after it's fired.

9 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Nope...

It needs to just be Daikyu on a rifle stock...Period.

Only AOE it needs is to fire a rubber chicken with a squeaky BAKAAAAW!!! sound from the chicken after it's fired.

Daikyu is trash because of the low crit chance and horrendous rof

We don't have a good crossbow yet, its time for one that can be used along meta builds

1 hour ago, Nesodos said:

We don't have a good crossbow yet, its time for one that can be used along meta builds

Has anyone even used them seriously sense their buffs? 

I honestly think they can give Baza the boot. 

42 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Kay... Thanks for those insights from the meta faction.

...Very edgy.

On point, There are tons of meta items and FOTM players don't actually need variety as all they care about is numbers.

"I want a crossbow I can stack next to all these other meta items until I can call it fodder.".

If you were truly meta you wouldn't care about the aesthetics...Just the numbers.

...Which leads one to wonder why you would expect a niche item to be meta...I mean everything can't wind up like the Tigris family.

1 hour ago, Nesodos said:

Hmmm sounds almost exactly like the Tigris series.  Interesting isn't it.  LOL

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

...Very edgy.

On point, There are tons of meta items and FOTM players don't actually need variety as all they care about is numbers.

"I want a crossbow I can stack next to all these other meta items until I can call it fodder.".

If you were truly meta you wouldn't care about the aesthetics...Just the numbers.

...Which leads one to wonder why you would expect a niche item to be meta...I mean everything can't wind up like the Tigris family.

Thank you for expanding on this.  The meta crowd can be a strange bunch sometimes.  

31 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

...Very edgy.

FYI I use Daikyu and many other non meta weapons (especially bows) regularly for missions that don't require good gear

Just because I want some unique toy to play with the other big kids doesn't mean I only care for the numbers

It seems that you don't want variety after all because you just can't get around the idea that good primary weapons don't need to be from the same 3 or 4 categories

30 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Hmmm sounds almost exactly like the Tigris series.  Interesting isn't it.  LOL

Tigris is a shotgun with godly damage, fast reload with 2 shots, hitscan bullets and no forced wind up

You make strange comparisons for someone complaining about meta weaponry

1 hour ago, Squeekly said:

Has anyone even used them seriously sense their buffs? 

I honestly think they can give Baza the boot. 

I am using attica quite often

The problem is that besides big damage numbers on paper, the weapon is not very well suited for endgame content

Edited by Nesodos

3 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

FYI I use Daikyu and many other non meta weapons (especially bows) regularly for missions that don't require good gear

Just because I want some unique toy to play with the other big kids doesn't mean I only care for the numbers

Kay.

...I guess we chalk all the Edgelord commentary up to this point as just bluster then, huh?

Blah blah trash...Blah blah meta....

"But Edgy-Meta-lords wanna have fun too..." as a notion conflicts with itself. 

4 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

It seems that you don't want variety after all because you just can't get around the idea that good primary weapons don't need to be from the same 3 or 4 categories

Pump your brakes there Edgy...

You don't know what I want because I haven't told you... You don't know what I think because I haven't told you.

But since you asked...

I do not care if a niche x-bow gets added one way or the other. What I would greatly prefer not seeing though is claims of entitlement (it should already be in the game) and arguments to make it OP merely to give those meta-edge-lords something niche, from the jump.

As to the rest, it really doesn't take a crystal ball to see what happens next...

Either the item gets released according to DE's sensibilities and you (or some other Mr/Mrs Edgelord) edgily opine about it's ROF not being high enough and call it "MR fodder and trash".

Or, it gets released according to your thinking and it's OP for a while...Then a Forum storm blows up to get it nerfed because you can't stop taking it into public missions and wiping whole maps with it...Only for it to wind up nerfed regardless which will still have you edgily commenting about how it's "MR fodder and trash".

...Or a new FOTM weapon gets released which has you moving on and saying the same thing anyway.

TL:DR...You are going to eventually call it MR fodder and trash regardless of how it gets released...No matter what.

35 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Kay.

...I guess we chalk all the Edgelord commentary up to this point as just bluster then, huh?

Blah blah trash...Blah blah meta....

"But Edgy-Meta-lords wanna have fun too..." as a notion conflicts with itself. 

Pump your brakes there Edgy...

You don't know what I want because I haven't told you... You don't know what I think because I haven't told you.

But since you asked...

I do not care if a niche x-bow gets added one way or the other. What I would greatly prefer not seeing though is claims of entitlement (it should already be in the game) and arguments to make it OP merely to give those meta-edge-lords something niche, from the jump.

As to the rest, it really doesn't take a crystal ball to see what happens next...

Either the item gets released according to DE's sensibilities and you (or some other Mr/Mrs Edgelord) edgily opine about it's ROF not being high enough and call it "MR fodder and trash".

Or, it gets released according to your thinking and it's OP for a while...Then a Forum storm blows up to get it nerfed because you can't stop taking it into public missions and wiping whole maps with it...Only for it to wind up nerfed regardless which will still have you edgily commenting about how it's "MR fodder and trash".

...Or a new FOTM weapon gets released which has you moving on and saying the same thing anyway.

TL:DR...You are going to eventually call it MR fodder and trash regardless of how it gets released...No matter what.

Interesting how you jump to conclusions faster than riven prices for new primes jump into the thousands on release day

It seems that you are just butthurt because the game moved to a point where the powercreep and enemy scaling makes most of the weapon pool look like a wet noodle without 5 formas and a god tier riven in it (and thats sad, Mister "I know it all")

Did the forums fill up with complaining people because the latest prime access had 2 very strong weapons? No! They certainly didn't to an extent that would describe your bitterness.

Its also sad to see how agressive you are because I adressed the fact that none of the crossbows can qualify as meta material. It seems that all you can think of is that people who like strong weapons are all horrible beings who only strive for the next tool that gives them almighty power for no tradeoff (*cough* ignis w, rubico, lanka, etc)

PS; Claiming somebody else is edgy because the truth hurts your little feelings makes you the edgelord in this room

17 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Interesting how you jump to conclusions faster than riven prices for new primes jump into the thousands on release day

'Kay.

17 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

It seems that you are just butthurt because the game moved to a point where the powercreep and enemy scaling makes most of the weapon pool look like a wet noodle without 5 formas and a god tier riven in it (and thats sad, Mister "I know it all")

This is incorrect...My butt is fine.

...This may have to do with the fact nothing you said here is true.

If you are feeling that the difficulty in this game has ramped up and you need to embrace metas to play then the only person with a problem here is you.

Might explain all the edgy comments actually...I hear stress does that.

21 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Did the forums fill up with complaining people because the latest prime access had 2 very strong weapons? No! They certainly didn't to an extent that would describe your bitterness.

Bitter about what exactly?...I think you just got your feelings hurt and are projecting a bit.

People complain about weapons all the time regardless of where they are in the power delta.

...In fact, this whole thread is a complaint about a weapon.

21 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Its also sad to see how agressive you are because I adressed the fact that none of the crossbows can qualify as meta material. It seems that all you can think of is that people who like strong weapons are all horrible beings who only strive for the next tool that gives them almighty power for no tradeoff (*cough* ignis w, rubico, lanka, etc)

How so aggressive? 

I merely pointed out that your opinions are needlessly Edgy and support a niche playstyle that has no functional use for aesthetics.

Actually, if you want to know the truth, I think of people who chase Metas like you do as serving a much needed function in this game.

People like you min/max an item, use it everywhere, and get it nerfed in the process.

Put simply, You curb powercreep just by doing what you do.

...That doesn't mean you need to ask for powercreep from the get-go though.

Folks want a single shot X-Bow...Got it.

You want a single shot X-Bow with insane crit/ damage and room wipe functionality 'cuz  anything less is Trash and MR fodder and because the Meta crowd needs that.

...And you wonder why I'm calling it Edgy? Really?!?

You run along and play bud...Try not to cut yourself on your keyboard.