The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Orb Vallis not optimized?

Nightbird64

Anyone else getting really bad FPS (28-31, and sometimes barely 40) when entering Orb Vallis? Usually my rig can handle Warframe with every setting on High with a solid 57-60 fps (including PoE).

My rig:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz  (4 cores)
ASUS ROG Strix gaming NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti  4GB
8GB of RAM

Getting around 100fps in most areas (up to 120 in standard missions  w/ mostly maxed settings, medium shadows)  

getting around 80-90fps in orb Vallis, which is approx my framerate in POE as well , except I’m seeing some random freezes and massive FPS drops in OV (dropped as low as 25-30fps).

freezes mostly occur when switching to operator form or saying the K-Drive Hotkey

MSI ge63vr raider-075

It is the most GPU demanding part of the game. Disabling Volumetric Lighting can help a log. They might be able to optimize some things but it is just plain and simple more graphically intensive than any other part of the game. I am actually GPU bound with a GTX 1080 for the first time in Warframe. Also if you are using a Sniper scoping in will give you a large GPU load that can cut your FPS in half. This is the only performance but I am aware of.

lol i play warframe on a potato laptop a lenovo B470 i get 35 fps on poe but on fortuna   😞:facepalm: 8 to 15 if not it chash so is not optimized i play on full potato mode so for me fortuna is lost . is a old laptop but i can play fine on low setting but on fortuna is a torture 

Edited by CryberBlade

I'm getting a lot of stuttering (ie random 3-4 second freezes) when out and about in Orb Vallis. It seems worse when there is a lot happening on screen but this happens even just standing still just outside the Fortuna elevator. My fps fluctuates anywhere between 10 - 60fps, despite having dynamic resolution on.

CPU: Intel i7-7500U @ 2.7GHz

Ram: 4GB

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 920MX

4 hours ago, CryberBlade said:

lol i play warframe on a potato laptop a lenovo B470 i get 35 fps on poe but on fortuna   😞:facepalm: 8 to 15 if not it chash so is not optimized i play on full potato mode so for me fortuna is lost . is a old laptop but i can play fine on low setting but on fortuna is a torture 

Lenovo here as well, the rest of the game runs smooth but Cetus, Plains, Fortuna and Vallis are just no go's for me, game crashes in the elevator, crashes when leaving the elevator than maybe 1-10 fps when out in the zone.

fortuna hitches relatively frequently for me. but getting into orb vallis is hell; the elevator will cause WF to not respond and entering orb vallis causes my GPU to hit +95% for about a minute before it CTDs out of the blue, not even leaving me a crash report. i run on low exclusively because i'm not fussed about graphics, i want that sweet FPS but even on low i can't play orb vallis...

specs --

windows 10 home 64-bit (build 17134)
intel(r) core(tm) i5-4460 cpu @ 3.20 ghz (4cpu)
nvidia geforce gtx 750ti 2gb
8gb ram

Edited by debonairdead

i play in a potato pc atm

A10-7700k , 8gb ram, at medium normally i have around 25/30 on poe , but on Orb Vallis my god, once i enter my pc almost crash, and the fps are around 13...

so if i want play on the Orb Vallis i had to put window mode and resize it until i will have a screen like the twitch player size... then i can play at 40fps on plains , but some time also with the game resized my fps drop to 20

hace 29 minutos, rofocalelucifuge dijo:

Lenovo here as well, the rest of the game runs smooth but Cetus, Plains, Fortuna and Vallis are just no go's for me, game crashes in the elevator, crashes when leaving the elevator than maybe 1-10 fps when out in the zone.

for cetus and poe try on low 800x600 and dinamic textures on 70 it will run cetus /poe fine 👍

hace 10 minutos, debonairdead dijo:

fortuna hitches relatively frequently for me. but getting into orb vallis is hell; the elevator will cause WF to not respond and entering orb vallis causes my GPU to hit +95% for about a minute before it CTDs out of the blue, not even leaving me a crash report. i run on low exclusively because i'm not fussed about graphics, i want that sweet FPS but even on low i can't play orb vallis...

same here 😞

You guys joking? I'm on a

1. i5 650 3.2GHz (2 core),
  2. GT 710 2gb (overclocked to ~1300MHz From ~953MHz),
  3. 8GB RAM,
  4. Win 7,

And I can run PoE 45-60, Fortuna 30-60. Only like the OP said, when entering the map game froze at 1 fps for a few seconds before resuming and during the first time I do any kind of hacking, but after that it's a smooth sailing. Granted I'm playing on all low/off except a few things. I play on 1360x768 (1080p) with 100% screen res scaling. Borderless.

It's an 8 y/o rig with a dummy graphic card. I can't believe you guys with more recent and better hardware is actually way worse than mine. And I've playing this thing for about 20 hrs already, 0 crash.

If you don't believe me

Spoiler

m9j.png

1TX9U19.jpg