Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ingame Marketplace Idea

GrayFrequency

I don't like it.

I used a similar system in Phantasy Star Online 2.

By setting a low price you can make your listing show up in every search and become the new standard price. Which hurts the whole bartering aspect of trade chat.

Then there are some people who set a higher price, and buy out all the lowest prices below. Making their price the new lowest, and they have plenty more to resell at new price as a result.

So, no. Not interested in this idea.

Just throwing in my two cents as well, I really dislike the idea of an Auction House. 

I hardly participate in Tradeframe, but when I do, it is very fun. I like having our trade channel, the bazaar isn't half bad to multitask while being in the trade channel, and it has a delightful charm. I believe Warframes financial success and our economy does fantastically with what already is in place. I'd offer a better idea, but honestly...in this specific case, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies strongly.

Auction House requires a huge investment into the economy of the game. From either +/- the resources for crafting to the drop rate of the item, this would put a strain on the DE team. I have seen games struggle with this and to this day cant get a handle on it. When you put an economy in the hands of its players ( more encourage in this sense) you are asking for market manipulation and fluctuation with your in-game currency. 

Market crashes and then the rich get richer and the poor stay poor....

17 hours ago, Makato12 said:

Auction House requires a huge investment into the economy of the game. From either +/- the resources for crafting to the drop rate of the item, this would put a strain on the DE team. I have seen games struggle with this and to this day cant get a handle on it. When you put an economy in the hands of its players ( more encourage in this sense) you are asking for market manipulation and fluctuation with your in-game currency. 

Market crashes and then the rich get richer and the poor stay poor....

There are plenty of games that don't struggle with their marketplace economy ingame. I think this is game is big enough to handle a marketplace.

Just think people use a third party site (warframe.market) for some of their trades, and the economy is still fine. So why not implement an official marketplace?

The market can go up and down, that is just how it works. I have seen prices go up and down naturally, anyways. Supply and demand.

21 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

I don't like it.

I used a similar system in Phantasy Star Online 2.

By setting a low price you can make your listing show up in every search and become the new standard price. Which hurts the whole bartering aspect of trade chat.

Then there are some people who set a higher price, and buy out all the lowest prices below. Making their price the new lowest, and they have plenty more to resell at new price as a result.

So, no. Not interested in this idea.

That is a possibility, but that is still happening ingame. I have seen players offer a price in chat, then not too long later a bunch of players have it at a lower or higher price. 

The same thing could happen on warframe.market or anywhere ingame. 

A good example of a stable great game economy is in OldSchool RuneScape, and it has a live marketplace.

9 minutes ago, GrayFrequency said:

There are plenty of games that don't struggle with their marketplace economy ingame. I think this is game is big enough to handle a marketplace.

Just think people use a third party site (warframe.market) for some of their trades, and the economy is still fine. So why not implement an official marketplace?

The market can go up and down, that is just how it works. I have seen prices go up and down naturally, anyways. Supply and demand.

That is a possibility, but that is still happening ingame. I have seen players offer a price in chat, then not too long later a bunch of players have it at a lower or higher price. 

The same thing could happen on warframe.market or anywhere ingame. 

A good example of a stable great game economy is in OldSchool RuneScape, and it has a live marketplace.

Yes, and a higher sale was made. Making this integration would mean prices will be posted up for everyone to see, and would not fluctuate as easily unless you have the Platinum to nudge it from a set amount. Thus easier for the rich or crafty to manipulate.

So no,still don't like it.

Just now, Teliko_Freedman said:

Yes, and a higher sale was made. Making this integration would mean prices will be posted up for everyone to see, and would not fluctuate as easily unless you have the Platinum to nudge it from a set amount. Thus easier for the rich or crafty to manipulate.

So no,still don't like it.

Nothing wrong with that. Yes it would be for everyone to see, and I disagree. 

Warframe is not a small new game. It has loads of players, new to veteran. It would take a good amount of people to seriously ruin a market item.

Like I said anyways, markets do fluctuate. Chat trades, marketplace, auction house, in any of it there are going to be ups and downs.

All someone has to do is sell an annoyingly good G-roll riven, and they'd have enough platinum from a sale to damage a market of single items costing less than 100 plat.

The current trade chat is fine, and prevents such market practices from starting, in that these manipulators can't target the lowest current dealer.

The only thing I can see that currently helps against said practices is Mastery Rank trade limits.

I think they would rather spend their wonderful riven money on a bundle or something else. 

I would imagine players would do the same kind of sabotage on warframe.market or ingame chat? But if they did this on the market, you could grind for the item and sell it for more profit if it is being sold at a higher price. If it is lower the market will correct itself after some time.

Also I'm not saying they should remove trade chat or Maroo's Bazaar, I just think it would be great to additionally have a market system. 

I think Mastery Rank trade limits are good, and could be used for marketplace limits. They could also have an items limit. So you couldn't just buy excessive amounts of rivens, or prime parts a day. 

There should also be a credits tax or something for placing an item for sale, and buying. Just like there is in trades.

Edited by GrayFrequency