Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ingame Marketplace Idea

GrayFrequency

I know in Warframe there are ways to sell/buy things. You can use chat, trading posts, and Maroo's Bazaar. 

But, what if there was something to go to in your ship < open < Ingame Warframe Marketplace UI Display

and from the display you could look through categories of items to buy, or select an item from your inventory to sell. 

And you could set the price, so you could set platnium, credits or another item that you wanted to trade for.

What does everyone think? I personally would like to have an ingame marketplace where you could set, buy/sell items. 

So an Auction House? Nope, not gonna happen. It hasn't happen in 5 years, sure is not going to happen now.

An integrated version of warframe.market, where you still have to stop playing, directly contact and trade with the other player. YES PLEASE!
Also, remove credit taxation and add plat taxation, thats going to need additional server space and maintenance. Host migration on all your listings anyone?

Edited by Souldend78

1 minute ago, GrayFrequency said:

An integrated version of Warframe.market would be fair, but it is not made by DE.

You are correct, warframe.market is not made by DE. Thats why it would need to be a similar version of that service, not the same service.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb GrayFrequency:

What does everyone think? I personally would like to have an ingame marketplace where you could set, buy/sell items. 

Oh!

MY!

GAWD!

I'm pretty sure you are the FIRST person to think about this.

You are a true genius!

You are awesome!

10 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

So an Auction House? Nope, not gonna happen. It hasn't happen in 5 years, sure is not going to happen now.

An integrated version of warframe.market, where you still have to stop playing, directly contact and trade with the other player. YES PLEASE!
Also, remove credit taxation and add plat taxation, thats going to need additional server space and maintenance. Host migration on all your listings anyone?

No like a Marketplace, I don't get why people can't wrap their heads around the difference. Tho I guess in fairness half the time when people start "Warframe needs an Auction house" threads what they actually mean is Marketplace so..... 

And while I could get behind the idea of a plat tax for convenience, it would need to be on something that I didn't have to touch beyond listing my item and collecting my plat. No dropping out of the game to contact people, no haggling, just a notification that an item had sold and the plat had been transferred to my account. 

Now if people still want to hoof it the old fashioned way and message and haggle, that should remain a credit tax. 

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

No like a Marketplace, I don't get why people can't wrap their heads around the difference. Tho I guess in fairness half the time when people start "Warframe needs an Auction house" threads what they actually mean is Marketplace so..... 

And while I could get behind the idea of a plat tax for convenience, it would need to be on something that I didn't have to touch beyond listing my item and collecting my plat. No dropping out of the game to contact people, no haggling, just a notification that an item had sold and the plat had been transferred to my account. 

Now if people still want to hoof it the old fashioned way and message and haggle, that should remain a credit tax. 

I agree with this. I mean a marketplace, yes. 

For example: In RuneScape you have a marketplace to sell/buy items no problem. You can also advertise your items in the GE. 

Yes it should all be ingame.

I agree.

1 minute ago, GrayFrequency said:

What do you think is wrong about having something like this ingame?

If I was to guess, the fear that the Warframe economy is secretly a dumpster fire and the only thing keeping it from totally imploding in on itself is the obfuscation of an arcane trade system that keeps the problem in check by proxy of being a pain to use, so a lot of people don't. 

That could be a problem, but if you look at the RuneScape economy it has a market like that and it does well. Everything isn't sold for dirt, and there is stuff expensive as it should be. 

I don't think the market would dump. It can be stable, and buzzing. To help it stay that way, there can be a tax on items, especially the more rare an item is. Or something else, maybe a market check too.

Edited by GrayFrequency

Just now, GrayFrequency said:

like level 5

higher, please. maybe around MR 10. or 12. but higher. level 5 is still a good way for dirty plat to come in contact with innocent play-....

Guys, you think DE won't make it happens because it would make dirty plats even more of a problem?

honestly, i love the idea, and there is a lot of games ( Runescape being indeed a good one ) that shows how to do it, and that it would works.

4 minutes ago, mikakor said:

higher, please. maybe around MR 10. or 12. but higher. level 5 is still a good way for dirty plat to come in contact with innocent play-....

Guys, you think DE won't make it happens because it would make dirty plats even more of a problem?

honestly, i love the idea, and there is a lot of games ( Runescape being indeed a good one ) that shows how to do it, and that it would works.

Yes 10-12+ sounds more reasonable I was just choosing a number 🤣

There could be some kinda plat verifier or something? I'm not sure how to take care of dirty plat, it could happen anywhere.

Edited by GrayFrequency

Just now, GrayFrequency said:

There could be some kinda plat verifier or something? I'm not sure how to take care of dirty plat

as long as DE will allows charge back, it will be a problem. this kind of issue plagued the trading system for long enough.

No to the mastery rank requirement in order to trade. 

In case you don't know you have to earn the amount of trades, DE got you covered on restrictions. You play, or you don't trade. 

Also, there are items that already restrict you from trading if you dont meet the required MR.

Putting any additional requirements crosses the entitled line.

Edited by Souldend78

8 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

In case you don't know you have to earn the amount of trades, DE got you covered on restrictions

Also, there are items that already restrict you from trading if you dont meet the required MR.

I think it is a fair idea, it gives new players something extra to strive to level up for.

I know there is a limit. Oh yea I forgot about that lol Nothing wrong with playing and trading

Idk, I think some kind of Mastery requirement is fair enough. I have played other games where there was a requirement and it was fine with everyone.

Edited by GrayFrequency

6 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

In case you don't know you have to earn the amount of trades, DE got you covered on restrictions. You play, or you don't trade. 

if there is no MR requirement you realize they will HAVE to give a way for player to protect themselves? personally i will make it so that no player under MR 10 can buy items from me, because i don't want to take the risk of a fake account giving me dirty plats.

1 hour ago, mikakor said:

if there is no MR requirement you realize they will HAVE to give a way for player to protect themselves? personally i will make it so that no player under MR 10 can buy items from me, because i don't want to take the risk of a fake account giving me dirty plats.

MR 23 here. I can tell you that MR will not protect you from fraudulent players. 

Edit. Add plat tax to trades. There, now both the other player and you have to get a cleared by DE to trade. 
That takes f2p out the door, since you will never be able to trade unless you spend. That works?

Edited by Souldend78

15 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

MR 23 here. I can tell you that MR will not protect you from fraudulent players. 

Edit. Add plat tax to trades. There, now both the other player and you have to get a cleared by DE to trade. 
That takes f2p out the door, since you will never be able to trade unless you spend. That works?

sure, it is not a perfect solution, but that would at least prevent the low efforts account who get maybe to level 4 then start doing the chargeback. i mean, a true option, one that would work, right now, is if DE would simply not allow at all to make it, making each plat bought permanent.

A market would work for rivens, since they have no set value.  It's really damn hard to undercut someone when your riven mod is, 99.99% of the time, going to be different from everyone else's riven mod.  

Prime parts though?  Egh... I mean I'd appreciate it too, but let's not pretend most of us wouldn't head straight to the auction house a month after a new prime access and just sink the dozens or so plat demanded to get the new releases in full.  It just kind of steps on the value of the prime access packs, and I kinda want to keep DE in business.  I paid $150 to give the game a chance, but it's everyone that came after that that really made that $150 risk-investment totally worth it.

I'm on the fence about standard mods.

But yeah, we need an in game auction house for rivens specifically.  People shouldn't have to sit in Maroo's Bazaar with their hand in the air like teacher's pet or sit in their orbiter spamming into trade chat to sell them.  Put your riven on the auction house, set a starting price/buyout price/time limit or leave it blank, let others offer their price and choose to either hide or show bids, go play for a bit, come back and sell to the highest bidder (because of course.)  Done.