Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna is barely "playable"

evilChair

Before hotfix 0.2 Fortuna was running like a greased baby on a polished floor, but after the hotfix it's become practically unplayable. I can barely get through tier 3 bounties with max redirection+vitality+vigor, let alone anything higher, just for the sheer amounts of stutters and freezes which happen because of literally anything. Performance is smooth until it trips over any of the following:

a) enemies spawning;
b) enemies noticing the player;
c) enemies despawning;
d) mobs leaving and entering the field of view (coildrives are especially bad: if they so much as leave the corner of the screen and reappear while i'm in archwing is enough to lock up the screen for about 10s);
e) starting a hack;
f) turning a hexagon during a hack; (this has actually failed me at least one hack for the sheer 20s lockup)
g) so much as changing the camera view: even looking down (which means that render distance should drop) inevitably causes stuttering;
h) putting my cursor over a bounty in the menu;
i) starting a bounty;
j) finishing a bounty stage;
k) crossing over from one open world tile/segment into the next;
l) breaking a crate;
m) picking up collectibles;
n) hitting esc;

There's literally no middle ground between having perfectly smooth performance and suddenly having to sit in front of a screenshot for 5-30s before the game graciously informs me to hit "revive" because I've been killed while I was watching how Fortuna locks up on me for 15s because I accidentally broke a nearby crate. I think it says enough that I'm trying to tiptoe around actual basic gameplay that works everywhere else, including PoE.

5 hours ago, evilChair said:

max redirection+vitality+vigor

Explain the relevance of this. Also provide your specs. If your specs are not up to par, you cannot expect it to work.

• Fortuna and OV run perfectly fine for me. So I can only assume this is another case of "person with terrible PC expecting stuff to run".

6 hours ago, krc473 said:

Explain the relevance of this. Also provide your specs. If your specs are not up to par, you cannot expect it to work.

• Fortuna and OV run perfectly fine for me. So I can only assume this is another case of "person with terrible PC expecting stuff to run".

it means that stutters and lockups (no general distinction by this point) last for so long that i get drained of ~3K health on a low-level fight in a single lockup. They are that long. i'm gonna post my specs, even though i'm fairly convinced that there's an issue with worldstate logging from what I've seen, since most of those freezes happen not because of rendering demands (I've tested this out myself) but because after update .02 there seems to be no optimisation related to player-world interactions. Logging enemy-player/player-enemy/player-world interactions in the middle of a mass brawl is what causes stutters, but when that does not happen i have an impeccable framerate.

tl;dr since i gotta spell it out for people: autobots: literally any place at full specs when i'm not on a mission. decepticons: something to do with worldstate logging.

specs (which, for the 4th time, used to run fortuna smoothly until .02😞

Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
    AMD Athlon X4 750K
    Trinity 32nm Technology
RAM
    6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 663MHz (9-9-10-24)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. F2A55M-DS2 (P0)
Graphics
    2200W (1920x1080@60Hz)
    3072MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (MSI)

addendum:

6 hours ago, HorridaMessor said:

same stuttering and freezing happens on all range of settings from minimum to "ultra". 

it's the same situation here. i've knocked down all my visual settings and there still seem to be processing issues at the rock-bottom minumum.

Edited by evilChair

vor 2 Stunden schrieb evilChair:

Your Ram is extremly slow, wich results in limiting the power of your CPU, basically you limit it to a quad core with 663MHz.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb evilChair:

Depending wich R9 200 you have it can get laggy - if it is below a R9 280 you might have problems even on low settings.

But most likely it is your slow Ram causing the trouble.

2 hours ago, evilChair said:

6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR

Probably too small amount of RAM. Try to upgrade the RAM to 8 GB or more.

At the Warframe Launcher, can go to options to turn off 64 bit. Does 32 bit warframe work better? 32 bit is limited to 4 GB per process, so there might be a chance 32 bit Warframe might crash from out of process memory.

When playing as client, I have a lot of teleporting enemies, not working doors, etc. And I have high end spec here. The problem is sometimes even bigger, because spawning new enemies for ex. in a building, leads to small stutter, which can lead to dying to waves of enemies in endless spawns when farming toroids. Happens all the times.

i experienced those 20sec stutters in PoE back when i was still using an hdd for wf. bought cheap a 120GB ssd, moved wf and pagefile there, eliminated/shortened stutters and shortened load times because of that.

only 2gigs of ram and my pc is 11 years old, it's an oem pc which makes it harder to look for compatible ram for it. too bad i'm in the philippines which makes upgrading it a pain in the a**.  might as well just build a new one.

gfx card is an ati radeon 4300/4500 512mb, getting 38 - 40 fps inside cetus/fortuna, 26 - 32 fps in the plains, 25 - 30 in orb vallis.

this ssd will probably be dead by next month, thanks to my warframe addiction.

2 hours ago, evilChair said:

Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
    AMD Athlon X4 750K
    Trinity 32nm Technology
RAM
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. F2A55M-DS2 (P0)
Graphics
    2200W (1920x1080@60Hz)

Are you running this on high with everything enabled? Maybe upgrade your ram, 6GB is barely enough for your OS before it starts switching over to your swap file. I haven't had 6gb since 2007. Are you running this all off a single drive? I play fortuna with zero issues on a Dell Inspiron i7559 Laptop 16GB RAM,  GTX 960M but i have a 2nd ssd for just warframe and video games.

6 hours ago, evilChair said:

specs (which, for the 4th time, used to run fortuna smoothly until .02😞

Most people that have been having issues with this type of thing are running underpowered setups. Hence your specs are quite important.

• 6 GB or RAM does seem on the low side. My PC is using around 5 GB without having Warframe open (Win10, extra background tasks etc). Warframe was using around about 2.7 GB of RAM in OV last I checked (max settings). I could not run it on 6 GB of RAM properly.

Does it happen as both client and host? Is it worse as one or the other?

• What about solo?

But if it was running fine, DE could easily have just messed something up. Perhaps grab your EE.log file and file a ticket with support. You need to get it to happen, close/crash the game. Copy the EE.log file and see it away with an explanation. That might be more useful than anything people can do here.

• My only real suggestion is to make sure all your hardware is updated. If you recently updated all of it, try a rollback.
  • Also, check in with Windows Event Viewer and see if it tells you what happened.