Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If i started a youtube channel ?

(PSN)SlyFox5679

Question

8 answers to this question

I don't know if there are specific rules but there are normally 2 "styles" of WF youtubers; the serious type that gives builds and does reviews on weapons and frames, the other is the sh!tposter, which normally make memes and stuff and stuff in the game. Being 1 type doesn't mean you can't be the other, so it's totally up to you how you go about it.

1 hour ago, AndouRaiton said:

I don't know if there are specific rules but there are normally 2 "styles" of WF youtubers; the serious type that gives builds and does reviews on weapons and frames, the other is the sh!tposter, which normally make memes and stuff and stuff in the game. Being 1 type doesn't mean you can't be the other, so it's totally up to you how you go about it.

oh ok i'm the leader of my clan and i'm pretty much the guy teaching my clan how to improve on modding frames,weapons and tactics but i probably need to learn more myself and i try to be funny while i'm at it.  I need to probably learn basics of recording,loading videos up and editing since i know little to nothing about any of that. but everyone that knows me thinks i'd be good as a youtuber and probably make good money but dunno if it would be enough to support someone like me.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

but everyone that knows me thinks i'd be good as a youtuber and probably make good money but dunno if it would be enough to support someone like me.

There is no point going into it unless you actually want to. This statement suggests people have told you that you should. Not that you genuinely want to. You should never go into it for money, I would say that is an incredibly stupid decision. 

• If you know essentially nothing about making a decent video, why do people think you would make appealing videos? 
  • Knowing how the games works and making appealing videos are not the same. I have been playing for around five years now. I could explain how stuff works. I could probably make acceptable content. But I have no real interest in doing so. So the videos would not be particularly appealing to people.

Anyone can make videos. How will you make yours appealing to large numbers of people? How will you differentiate yourself from others? Why should I watch your content over someone else's?

• There are no rules for making videos. Do whatever you want.
  • There is no reason at all why you cannot play around a bit and upload some videos that you think are good. Promote them on some site that allows that sort of thing (these forums are probably not a great place for it). Add an example video to your thread or something, I am not sure.
Edited by krc473

There is a certain amount of talent involved in the process. Many people are good at gaming, or specific games for that matter, but they would have real problems making successful videos about those games because they can't form a series of coherent thoughts/insights on them and communicate them properly and because, frankly, some people don't have suitable voices to say what it is they want to say through a microphone. Speaking of those, good microphones are necessary, as well as other equipment or software (e.g. cameras, recording software). Those don't come cheap (i.e. the quality ones). Video editing knowledge is also a must.

Sure, you can learn some of those and improve on certain video-making skills. But this takes a lot of time and effort, the kind that is usually demanded of full-time jobs.

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)SlyFox5679 a dit :

oh ok i'm the leader of my clan and i'm pretty much the guy teaching my clan how to improve on modding frames,weapons and tactics but i probably need to learn more myself and i try to be funny while i'm at it.  I need to probably learn basics of recording,loading videos up and editing since i know little to nothing about any of that. but everyone that knows me thinks i'd be good as a youtuber and probably make good money but dunno if it would be enough to support someone like me.

You can start by trying to make simple video guides with a basic free editing software and the in engine capture function if the PS4 has one. Let your clan mates watch it, get feedback and eventually start digging deeper. Imo that's the best way. 

you're likely to be more successful starting off as a streamer and uploading that content to YT.

i make YT videos for fun because i enjoy video editing. Its a massive time sink for sure, a 15 minute video took me like 4-8 hours IIRC. I was making a guide for a different game. I also use YT for bug reporting to game devs since a million moving pictures is worth trillions of words.