Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COLOR SCHEMES of new Terra ELITE Corpus enemies' is pretty ugly.

SprinKah

This is...a little bit of an odd rant, it's kinda stupid but it's bothering me...quite a lot. 

So in hotfix 24.0.10, they changed the color schemes of the new added "Elite" Terra Corpus enemies. From light skin colored suit with blue accent parts, blue energy ===> crazy saturated blue and saturated yellow, yellow energy.

I know this doesn't affect the game at all or anything, it's really just...an aesthetic thing and it's just...my own personal honest feelings towards this.

I wonder if I'm the only one who finds the color scheme of the Elite Corpus Enemies SOOOO HORRENDOUS AND felt kinda...hastily thought out?

It's bothering me a bit, it feels kinda....out of placed for them, with the color scheme. I hope DE'll tweak the colors to make them more...balanced out and not too crazy, desaturate the colors maybe? The colors they chose don't feel very...aesthetically pleasing to me, they're kinda...in your face, way too intense, don't feel very...formal I guess, kinda...clown-y and ridiculous. Personally...I feel liek they should at least switch the energy color from yellow back to like...blue or something, it really doesn't feel corpus-y, the energy color. 

To be honest, I've tried to get used to it, a few times when I look at it, it looks fine but the uneasy feelings kept coming back after I notice them in different situations with their terribly saturated yellow color, rubbed into my face. The blue is okay I suppose but really, the real problem for me is the CRAZY YELLOW

This is what I had in mind at least:

keeping the original blue colors while only changing the colro of the rest of the suitImage may contain: text

Edited by SprinKah

Just now, ---Merchant--- said:

They are supposed to be easy to see just by looks and to be ugly too,it is enemy after all,if they looked like pink fluffy teddy bears I could not destroy them.

It is not bug but feature :^)

not a bug of course, I HIGHLY doubt it. But it just really lessens my enjoyment for Orb Vallis whenever I look at their HORRENDOUS YELLOW COLOR, makes me want to throw up....

1 hour ago, ---Merchant--- said:

They are supposed to be easy to see just by looks and to be ugly too,it is enemy after all,if they looked like pink fluffy teddy bears I could not destroy them.

It is not bug but feature :^)

Did you even bother to read the OP? How did you come away with the notion that the OP wants pink fluffy teddy bears? If you bothered to read, you'd see he/she wants the opposite: less crazy colors.

4 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Did you even bother to read the OP? How did you come away with the notion that the OP wants pink fluffy teddy bears? If you bothered to read, you'd see he/she wants the opposite: less crazy colors.

I guess you've never read any of their posts before. :crylaugh:

As for the topic, Blue + Yellow does sound pretty horrible. I realise I don't have much room to comment on this given colourblindness, but at the very least it doesn't sound like a colour scheme used by the "Elite" troops.

17 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I guess you've never read any of their posts before. :crylaugh:

As for the topic, Blue + Yellow does sound pretty horrible. I realise I don't have much room to comment on this given colourblindness, but at the very least it doesn't sound like a colour scheme used by the "Elite" troops.

Yeah man, it just looks...not fitting at all, with the environment that they're in and...the composition of the colors as well...honestly I can draw and paint quite alright but I'm not a crazy expert in color theory and stuff but man, it doesn't take a genius to know that the combination of that yellow hue and the blue suit....doesn't work at all. 

8 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

Yeah man, it just looks...not fitting at all, with the environment that they're in and...the composition of the colors as well...honestly I can draw and paint quite alright but I'm not a crazy expert in color theory and stuff but man, it doesn't take a genius to know that the combination of that yellow hue and the blue suit....doesn't work at all. 

It looks great to me :^)

I mean someone does like thicc,some thin,someone does like long someone short,someone does like brigt color combinations someone does like pure black.
But really,at least you have another excuse to kill them. Lets call it suitcism instead of racism,but it is similar.

6 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

I mean someone does like thicc,some thin,someone does like long someone short,someone does like brigt color combinations someone does like pure black.
But really,at least you have another excuse to kill them. Lets call it suitcism instead of racism,but it is similar.

I know it's only my opinion on the matter to be honest. Though I guess it's just not for me because it's really...different, just not fitting with the environment that they roam about you know, everything is all light blue and stuff then just suddenly these guys with their crazy yellow stepping about. II don't know, it feels out of place. 

I do admit, it does look pretty cool, if it wasn't in Orb Vallis, I bet I'd feel fine with it. 

Also, with that color scheme, it feels ridiculous because they're supposed to...camoflage themselves as best as possible in the snowy, blueish plains of Orb Vallis right? I mean, logically, so the color scheme kinda....contradicts that so it has that ridiculousness, for me at least. I know you probably don't really care much about that but I do and I guess it plays a bit part. Tusk Grineer with their light desaturated orange armor fitting the environment they roam about, Frontier Grineer with their green camouflage, Arid Grineer with their sandy color. I guess...immersion.

You know what I mean. Yellow, and one that really pops out too? in snowy, blueish plains? Crazy, 

Edited by SprinKah

27 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

it's kinda like...blue and red you know, they don't really work unless you're a very patriotic American. 

4 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

it's kinda like...blue and red you know, they don't really work unless you're a very patriotic American. 

I m not angry that you reply to me twice,but i admit that i do not understand why did not you not just edit the post (maybe to bump thread?)

Yeah,I like it you do not,we will never agree lets move on. :heart:

4 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

I m not angry that you reply to me twice,but i admit that i do not understand why did not you not just edit the post (maybe to bump thread?)

Yeah,I like it you do not,we will never agree lets move on. :heart:

yeah it was like a bump thing, cause I doubt you would've revisit to see if I editted something, so I apologize for that, wouldn't blame you if you were mad. 

But yeah, you're right, can't say anything about preferences.:heart:

it's still irksome though. 

Well the Corpus aren't exactly known for their fashion sense I mean their leader is a walking ATM after all.

Though changing the yellow to blue does put them in line with the color difference between standard Crewmen and Standard Elite Crewmen. Literally just tan to blue suits with the same accents being black while the only difference between standard Crewmen and Terras is the additional light blue accents.

9 minutes ago, trst said:

Well the Corpus aren't exactly known for their fashion sense I mean their leader is a walking ATM after all.

Though changing the yellow to blue does put them in line with the color difference between standard Crewmen and Standard Elite Crewmen. Literally just tan to blue suits with the same accents being black while the only difference between standard Crewmen and Terras is the additional light blue accents.

well, hey, the big boss guy isn't one to go out and shoot stuff after all, gotta look like you're above others, that Nef is. 

And yes, I agree with you...if I interpreted you correctly, i'd love to just have that....light blue accents on the shoulder, elbow and knee paddings to be a distinctive feature for the Terra Corpus enemies....I mean, it was for the non elite Terra Crewman, with the most of the suit being the same light skin color like normal Crewmen on normal Corpus missions (maybe just a slight, unnoticeable difference in tone ), with only the protective paddings being blue instead of black. 

I really wish the Elite Terra Crewman would  be the same, with only the skin colored part of the suit, change into dark blue like normal ELite Crewmen while still having the blue colored paddings. 

personally the only thing that bothers me is that technically they should be wearing White, or Winter Camo, to blend in a little better to the environment outside of the base, or Grey if they aren't leaving the base. Arid and Tusk Grineer have the right idea with their armour, but Corpus don't seem to care, Sniper Crewmen are bright yellow for goodness sake! 

seriously, these money-grabbing blockheads don't realise they can look sci-fi AND have practicallity at the same tme.. maybe they need some fashionframe lessons from us!

Quick easy visual identification for a game as the silhouette is reused constantly.

Real camo in the open roam would be horrible as it already is in PoE. The engagement range is already incredibly far in a visually busy game. Takes forever to pinpoint a grineer taking potshots from over 100m through the bushes. VO is a lot less problematic.

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

Quick easy visual identification for a game as the silhouette is reused constantly.

Real camo in the open roam would be horrible as it already is in PoE. The engagement range is already incredibly far in a visually busy game. Takes forever to pinpoint a grineer taking potshots from over 100m through the bushes. VO is a lot less problematic.

honestly I'd agree if the Elite and non-elite would be put together, but no, the Elite dudes replace the non-elite varients after lvl 30 entirely so yeah. 

about the camo point you made...isn't that supposed to be the point of camo, to make things more challenging for us, wasn't that their intent of adding the "Elite" varients in. 

But really, i just absolutely hate the yellow tone they used.