Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veteran players- the debt bonds and resource sinks; fish instead!

CorerMaximus

Question

TL;DR- Ticker's debt bonds are designed to be resource sinks; if you're having trouble farming rep and have acquired the rank of Old Mate- farm Synathid fish and trade them in for standing.

Ticker's debt bonds can cost upwards of 3,000 oxium for 10x Advanced Debt bonds that in total yield 4,000 standing (10x 400). Needless to say, I've found myself blowing through upwards of 30k standing over the past two weeks since Fortuna debuted trying to get everything, and have begun to realize my deposits have been steadily falling, which became even more worrisome as I learned that my passively aquired stockpiles of resources, such as even Ferrite, are a pain to get again.

I recently started fishing for Synathid fish for getting Ecosynth Analyzers, and they give S: 600, M: 800, L: 1000. Given most vets like me probably run with resource boosters and each fish takes about 6 seconds to snag, that's 3,000 oxium worth of standing at a bare minimum in 1 minute; it's broken. 

What I'm trying to get at is if you've climbed the ladder of Fortuna standing with debt bonds and can buy baits- STOP buying debt bonds and focus on fishing; or, if you know someone who has already unlocked Synathid bait, ask them for a taxi while they're fishing and offer to throw in dyes or something. Debt-bonds are a scary resource sink, and if you look at your stockpiles, you'll surely see a scary hit like I did.

9 answers to this question

The top Tier Resources have not been worth the Rep in the past. Just look at Sentirum and Nyth from PoE.

So far Fortuna has been less of a grind but lets not forget Part 2 is coming. I actually anticipate a Rep nerf to Toroids as I've farmed enough to max rep fully when it's allowed to rank. That or items will be far more expensive. Of course I could be disappointed and there's really nothing to take home from this sandbox.

It's a shame they fixed cave fishing after my boosters wore off though. I have very few Synathid and tons of everything else as a result.

not quite accurate.

if you want to avoid playing Bounties but still complete your daily 'fill the XP bar and log out because why would you play the game to progress when it could just be a waiting game', you would be doing Mining, Fishing, and buying stuff from Ticker.
i buy some Bonds every day usually, as there'll be offers that replace big stacks of Credits for dumping some other Resources i don't care about. those are great.
but i also have Mining Gems and extra Fish too.... if i do some of each, the opportunity cost of any of them is very low, soooo...

nah i'll stick with doing all three, it's more efficient than less of them weighed harder(in context of that i still need some Gems, Fish, and general Resources for other stuff).

Edited by taiiat

my problem is that i have to go through a couple dozen of the tier 5 fortuna bounties just to get a measly 2x debt bonds each one if i even GET the damn things...i need them to rank up my standing not to GET standing...and i dont wanna use the exact amount of oxium i have for some stupid rankup...id at least like the oxium to be alil more ez to get...at least double the damn drops or some S#&$ idk...at least make fortuna have rare oxium deposits or something so we dont have to buy resource drop boosters and/or farm them for hours on end from oxium ospreys while we could just play fortuna without the hassle...its safe to say i think oxium drops need a new attunement for how long its been...

Mining is still the most hassle free way to get Fortuna Standing.

2 minutes ago, Sprintwyvern said:

my problem is that i have to go through a couple dozen of the tier 5 fortuna bounties just to get a measly 2x debt bonds each one if i even GET the damn things...i need them to rank up my standing not to GET standing...and i dont wanna use the exact amount of oxium i have for some stupid rankup...id at least like the oxium to be alil more ez to get...at least double the damn drops or some S#&$ idk...at least make fortuna have rare oxium deposits or something so we dont have to buy resource drop boosters and/or farm them for hours on end from oxium ospreys while we could just play fortuna without the hassle...its safe to say i think oxium drops need a new attunement for how long its been...

Stop being lazy and do some endless on Jupiter...

Hunts, fish, mining, and bonds are the 4 ways to get standing (no patrick, doing bounties is not a way to get standing)

Hunting doesn't let you stock up

Bonds aren't really worth it until you're old mate already and you can start stocking up on crimsa toroids and bonds

fishing is limited because you have to buy bait (if you're rushing standing, you don't want to be spending it)

mining is used for a lot of recipes over fishing but is still good cash from the noctrul and goblite

You buy debt bonds to sacifice for ranking up if you are unlucky with your bounties. Other than that function, debt bonds isn't really a good source of standing by itself. Either mine or fish or bounty until you get kubrodon lures.

Once you get kubrodon lures and bait, you can get 8k standing for 2 mins of work and complete a 27k cap in 5-6 mins. That is the absolute fastest way to complete your daily standing cap and I love it.

The other option is to just repeatly farm profit taker as he also gives a princely sum of debt bonds. About 4-5 profit takers a day is enough to cover a 27K cap for solaris and vox.

Edited by wtflag