Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

option to disable ranks of a focus skill [void radiance]q

VeryTough

Is there an option to "demax" or disable focus skills ? I maxed void radiance, but now during eidolons fights it drain all my energy... and it is actually an handicapp, and not an advantage having it active.

Is there an option to demax , derank, or disable it, preserving void strike ?

Thanks for you help

• Like 1

Disable: Yes. Derank/Unrank: No

I don't mind need to activated void  radiance for void strike but really hope they add way to lower the rank of node.

Void radiance is one of those node that upgrade made it better but also ramp up energy cost. If you max out it, you stuck with one that consume more energy forever.

• 1 month later...

I think either one of the 2 options is needed. 

In Eidolons (really the only place where Void Strike matters) Void Radiance useless and furthermore damaging, because it can prevent you from entering void mode by consuming energy when you use void mode to hide from 1 or 2 attack. I realized the disadvantages upgrading brings so I didn't upgrade that focus skill at all ( by the way, at this point the last focus skill I have left to max )

It has long bothered me that there are Focus nodes where leveling them up functionally makes them less useful. It strikes me as a weird piece of design thinking, where there has to be snap for every potential benefit, but the end result just feels...really, just stupid. There are Focus nodes which are best used by unlocking them once, using them to access the next node, and making damned sure to never level them up any further, and that's just frigging daft.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

It has long bothered me that there are Focus nodes where leveling them up functionally makes them less useful. It strikes me as a weird piece of design thinking, where there has to be snap for every potential benefit, but the end result just feels...really, just stupid. There are Focus nodes which are best used by unlocking them once, using them to access the next node, and making damned sure to never level them up any further, and that's just frigging daft.

the same is true of mods, but at least duplicates are possible there. There should be a way to select a lower rank of a skill, if not for the purposes of mending situations such as these, then at least for the purposes of fine-tuning a build and managing skill capacity. (a special shout-out to the riven system for the same crime)

Despite being normally terrified by power creep, I want DE to swap where Void Radiance and Void Strike are on the tree. Nobody who builds for Void Strike wants Void Radiance, and the few people who do play in Z-kid mode and build for Void Everything will still get the benefits of Void Strike

Edited by TARINunit9