Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WARNING! Baruuk - Causes Epileptic attacks!

ZaZoTX

The major effect was that of the chest, its a direct "epileptic attack".

But the effects of the side also got the same visual effect if u wish to call it "vibration-lightning"?

i just have had to avoid any mission with Baruuks in the group (instant leave) if i see one.
And avoid the frame entirely until its fixed. - Cannot play the frame proper without its arsenal,
its nearly impossible to survive/level a frame that you are forced to use its skill on...

when it can cause Ep, attacks, im sad as i though it all was disabled but they only disabled the "Major big RED flash-vibe" on chest *makes-odd-face*

I have to say I don't suffer any kind of eplieptic/sight issues (beyond mild miopy and a very slight astigmatism that's negligible) AFAIK. Didn't play Baruuk yet, saw some stuff in game/vids, but never enough. Saw the thread some days ago just thought I'd share if I ever had any issue or could relate.

Today I entered the Codex to check Baruuk's description and diorama and I guess that effect you can see there is the issue because, even not being affected, that thing looks annoying as heck -- it's like that annoying flickering on some emissives when the view's blocked in certain angles x100.

I gotta be honest: I can't fathom how you guys thought this would be okay at all when you had to retouch Banshee's 4 VFX around the time her Prime came out for much less.

If the Dev's were worried about this or gave a flying Crap about people with this issue they wouldn't have done what they did with Simaris in Relays and in Sanctuary Onslaught !!!

These Giant Face Smacking Screens that take up 50-90% of the Frickin Screen! The combination of Red and Orange hue triggers actual Physical Pain induces headaches and makes aspect of the game not only not playable but the majority of it painful to do so

1 hour ago, Wildcardgsx said:

The combination of Red and Orange hue triggers actual Physical Pain induces headaches and makes aspect of the game not only not playable but the majority of it painful to do so

Im happy in a way to know im not the only one having issues, migrain and other situations not just epileptic is abit sad to hear but it seems this game has been improved in so many matters that it now becomes more "Flashy" to bright, to much effects... i mean all these needs to be reduced drasticly, shouldnt force us to play on lowest settings to remove the 200% extreme overated effects.

• Like 1

As far as Baruuk goes, consider checking him out again the hotfix today altered the effects some more again (and more importantly as a stop gap measure, I think the big epilepsy trigger is client side only now so you should be able to do public as any other frame without worrying about other players for the moment)

yea well next step i hope within a 2 weeks period i can start play the frame aswell not just if so with players using the frame...

Will check if i see a baruuk joins the group if the effects are there still, hopefully the Chest + Side effect that causes it is gone.

Vibration-Flashing-Lightning... i mean the combinations is direct on what it happens.. this is why i cant go to cinemas....

On 2019-01-12 at 3:57 PM, Zenpark said:

But the effects of the side also got the same visual effect if u wish to call it "vibration-lightning"?

Baruuk, appearance, energy color. The color of the side lights can be changed with energy color. Maybe different colors or very dark energy color may make it less noticeable, the darkest is near black in smoke colors. But, this dark energy color may only produce some black or dark side effects. More problem is, most colors are locked and requires platinum to unlock. Edit: unless lucky enough that void trader might sell some color palettes.

Now I have Baruuk. What was DE thinking? Make the appearance of Baruuk look very bad while Elude is on with Medium/High particle system quality? This effect appears to cover a very large 20% of the screen while aiming. Appears to get worst at 144 fps on my 144 Hz monitor with anti aliasing off, depth of field off, motion blur off in graphics settings. Some other warframe passive ability are far less of an annoyance. Oberon Renewal (third) ability have a nice and small blinking green outline while aiming weapon, and Nekros Desecrate (third) ability have minimal to no visual changes.

Edited by sam686

On the topic of general eye strain which may also be part of what could trigger the epilepsy stuff as well: I'd mentioned before that my eye strain went up considerably after POE came out. I think I may have figured some of that out, while I'm not ruling out graphical improvements which obviously happened, shortly after POE came out I started using Mesa, a lot. Anyone that loves Mesa and especially, has Zenurik, knows that the ultimate is powerful and very well spammable. The ultimate ability quickly alters colors on the screen and screws with the FOV.

Now fast forward to Fortuna, while I did start with Mesa, I'd been using Khora a lot more recently (especially since that lighting change a bit after it came out, I think it was related to exposure?) and felt like things had improved. However, I got my hands on Mesa Prime, leveled her up, multiple times getting forma back in place and what have you, thought my eyes might have been a bit strained but was done getting her ready for action and was back to messing with Khora again for a few days. Then just got a 3 day resource boost. I figured, what better time to go smash out some Toroids with Mesa Prime. I went back with Mesa Prime doing a lot of farming, and it took very little time before my eyes were killing me again.

That said I think the rapid color and fov changes on Mesa's ultimate are also a cause for concern to some degree. If this is straining my eyes out this quickly I wouldn't be surprised if it was bothering someone with epilepsy even worse. I'd love a toggle on Mesa to get rid of that color change, fov might be a weirder beast given how the thing aims though, I dunno

Edited by Drex83

23 hours ago, sam686 said:

Maybe different colors or very dark energy color may make it less noticeable,

I have been through all color schemes try them all, the color in it self dont prevent the epileptic attack from the Visual Vibration and Lightning effects that Elude causes. not is it good that it cover a bigger area of the screen when zoomin in using sniper weapons (from covering 20% to cover around 50% of screen) during a zoom. only causes the effect to become ALOT WORSE! i mean its increases the chance for an seasure to occur becuse its cover more of screen.

- I honestly hate having to disable good quality Particiles or video grafics, Designers should always take this into consideration when making frames and special effects.
Epilepsi is a big problem for many and can increase or occur later during your years, age if u never had it before.

19 hours ago, Drex83 said:

rapid color and fov changes on Mesa's ultimate are also a cause for concern to some degree

To me i never had an issue with mesa since the (shadow-effect) is not in a consistant pattern that causes it, and thankfully its not bright enough... i been trying Pink, Infest Green and even Infest Purple that suppose to be super bright and eye straining and for me that works like a charm. not causing any seasures -- But might if they increase the brightness.

About the second part "eye straining from colors" have you got like any tool to allow you change the filter on monitor, such as for example (MSI Gaming APP) enable the mode "eyeRest" and that gives a little more grey-ish filter on the monitor, that even i use when my eyes becomes stressed or feels like hurting from all the colors and such.-- try it?

On 2019-01-03 at 5:28 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi SevenSinsofHell,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We are currently in the process of working on a solution and we hope to have it for you in a timely manner. We apologize for any discomfort that this ability may have caused.

On 2019-01-10 at 3:46 PM, [DE]Jeremy said:

Can you provide a screenshot of the "blur/flash/lightning" that you're describing at Low PQ?

Any update on when the animation - Vibration and flashing is changed to something "playable"??

i would like to play with the frame, without disable the particle thing... that destroyes to much other things for me in the game.

On 2019-01-20 at 10:11 AM, Zenpark said:

About the second part "eye straining from colors" have you got like any tool to allow you change the filter on monitor, such as for example (MSI Gaming APP) enable the mode "eyeRest" and that gives a little more grey-ish filter on the monitor, that even i use when my eyes becomes stressed or feels like hurting from all the colors and such.-- try it? 

Yeah, I've had F.lux on automatic for ages 🙂

Just played with an player today using BARUUK... i can see the Elude again and it just caused me another Epilepsi attack.

I read in patch notes that these "vibration-flashing and lightning effects" was NOT going to show for other players??

(Effect should be able to be disabled when low/disabled Particle effects - and should NOT been seen for other players). --- lies....

• WHY IN GOD NAME IS IT NOT DISABLED??!

Edited by Zenpark