Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WARNING! Baruuk - Causes Epileptic attacks!

ZaZoTX

Cool new Warframe: Baruuk
Played with a few players now using the new frames and let put it this way i though it was something with the game/glitch of lightning or things causes some epilepsi attack.
But after played with atleast 7 random and now my own frame, it keep happening.

Im sorry to say but the only way i could level AND play my "baruuk" epileptic frame was using only 2nd, 3rd and 4th attack.
- It is completely impossible using the first ability.

* Elude - The flashing/Bluring causes the same lightning frequence that allow Epileptic attacks to happen. This need to be adressed.

Solution: Change the animation to something like a more Fixed animation that isnt all "blur-lightning"
- Please the frame looks very promising but its nearly impossible to play with him, Even less with others using it.

Since my atleast from what i can remember 5 attacks just within a week, as soon i see another Baruuk i have two choices.
A. Leave Squad (find new)
B. Play Solo
C. TAB out entire mission (def/intercept) where i know they will somehow run pass my screen with the effect active.

Im depressed and very upset with DE not being aware that this exact thing do causes epileptic sesures (attacks).
- Worse case im gonna be forced to quite the game i adore and love becuse it will be nearly impossible avoid those frames.

@[DE]Ryan@[DE]Adam@[DE]Rebecca@[DE]Steve@[DE]Megan
Console: PC

Best Regards (SevenSinsOfHell) --> Rename "Zenpark"

Edited by Zenpark

I have not given up on leveling up and forma my [Baruuk] so i can use him properly after the fix.

Please all i ask, hurry up and get it done - Would really like to play him as its supposed to, Thanks!

Edited by SevenSinsofHell

They actually do. You can adjust the particles that are emitted via Warframe abilities and disable onscreen particles in the Display section of preferences. At this point in time, however, it should be a given that people who suffer from photosensitivity need to be cautious when playing video games and understand that things like particles and other effects could trigger it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, SevenSinsofHell said:

Im just wondering how long time this is going to take for the DE to react, correct and patch.
Have not seen anything the past 2 days after christmas, No reading, replies or anything.

DE come on and reply atleast please!

Dude, it's christmas and holiday time, they're on vacation. if you really do follow their news then you'd know. be patient 

2 hours ago, SevenSinsofHell said:

DE come on and reply atleast please!

All DE staff except for a few in the support team (they handle tickets for stuff like lost items and whatever) are on holidays until 3 Jan 2019, so please be patient.

Also, i feel this topic should be moved to the art and animation section as this isn't about performance issues but visual clutter.

Edited by AndouRaiton

Im officially cannot play the game until its fixed... not a single game i have done has been without a Baruuk-epileptic frame..

Had a new attack today... im litterly cannot play the game when this exist. IM ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED!

If you dont have the Frame but want to see the stuff im talking about, I expect you seen the screenshots (chest-vibration-lightning chime) ?

Check this video for abit more in-action testing (Note: Video is NOT done by me).

On 2018-12-26 at 1:03 PM, SevenSinsofHell said:

* Elude - The flashing/Bluring causes the same lightning frequence that allow Epileptic attacks to happen. This need to be adressed.

Hi SevenSinsofHell,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We are currently in the process of working on a solution and we hope to have it for you in a timely manner. We apologize for any discomfort that this ability may have caused.

Edited by [DE]Linkski
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi SevenSinsofHell,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We are currently in the process of working on a solution and we hope to have it for you in a timely manner. We apologize for any discomfort that this ability may have caused.

I appriciate greatly the response and hope it, perhaps become semi-disabled for the time being so it can be played?

On 2019-01-04 at 2:51 PM, [DE]Jeremy said:

Sorry about the delay over the holidays, this will be fixed in the next hotfix.  Once that is released, if you set your Particle System Quality to Low, these blur fx will now be hidden.

Will give it a try, hope it hides it all for the moment being. thanks

I'm glad to hear they're working on this and hope for a still stylish more permanent solution eventually. Personally I've been a gamer for about 30ish years and while I don't have epilepsy the game has been in general stressing my eyes out more over time. I've played almost since the game was new, and while I'm sure my eyes are not what they used to be either, for me there's no denying that Warframe in general is wearing my eyes out not even playing that long. I've rarely experienced anything of the like with any other games.

The game's definitely gotten some visual upgrades over time though and I'm kind of curious what precisely is causing this I wouldn't be surprised if some our reasons aren't similar. Bright flashing light effects near the camera out of no where are probably really not great for anyone's eyes frankly. But yeah, the Eidolon's lighting effects for example can be really bad although they have gotten a bit better more recently and I know for me, POE's release marked a major uptake in eye stress on the game for some reason, but it wasn't Eidolon related because I didn't really start touching on him much until we had a real matchmaking queue for it.

I also think this is a really good time to bring this up also while we're on the topic of epilepsy and hope that the devs see this: Devs I've brought this up before without it getting attention, another annoyance that I think has a huge likelihood of causing epilepsy is the rapid huge lighting effects firing the Sarpa (especially with the bullet dance stance.) Furthermore, it's impossible to make the effects hidden or anything by using black in the energy slot. In the past, the Sarpa didn't used to look like this, I'm not sure why it does now. I made a clip of it for my original report of this I was able to lazily dig up, you can click through to that here, thought I'd avoid the embed since there's likely people with epilepsy looking at this thread https://gfycat.com/hauntinggratefulgrasshopper

3 hours ago, Drex83 said:

marked a major uptake in eye stress

Bright flashing light effects near the camera out of no where are probably really not great for anyone's eyes frankly.

In the past, the Sarpa didn't used to look like this, I'm not sure why it does now.

Yea that weapon, i only had a second to look but then my eyes flitched and i can tell directly. that weapon and its flashing is DIRECTLY an
Epileptic dangerous weapon. SARPA

Especilly used with "BULLET DANCE".

--------------------------------------

Although please keep this forum post thread to "Baruuk and its Effects"

Out of interest: Do Eidolon hunts cause seizures for you as well?

Even without being epileptic I'd love an option for turning down fx on what is already an underground cybergoth rave level lightshow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uxx0 said:

Out of interest: Do Eidolon hunts cause seizures for you as well?

Even without being epileptic I'd love an option for turning down fx on what is already an underground cybergoth rave level lightshow.

I know personally I'm not one of the ones that has epilepsy but yeah that was always messing with my eyes too, luckily some of this improved with some of the recent lighting fixes since Fortuna came out or so, but I'm curious to hear more too on that.

Also on the Sarpa topic, yeah definitely worse with Bullet Dance, and if you have any speed mods, of course. Actually Redeemer can do this a bit too but due to it's slower nature it's not really as big an issue unless you put a S#&$ ton of speed on it. Either way, especially with Redeemer Prime just coming out, this would be a really good time to go back and look at both redeemers and Sarpa's lighting imho

Edited by Drex83

7 hours ago, uxx0 said:

Do Eidolon hunts cause seizures for you as well?

Yea if im going to do Eidolon Hunting i have to complete "kill" all lightning and effects > Low or Disabled.
There is no way you can do it with all the flashing and Pulse-vibration.

It is not just the Lightning but the vibration of lights and effect that causes it.
Litterly, i have stopped all Eidolon hunting for the moment being... they need to reduce all the lightning flash "flash bomb" effect by 70%.
Things are litterly TO BRIGHT and to flashy... it is absolutely true NOW what my friend once said... warframe is now "Fashionframe"

or "Flashframe"...

I also have a seizure condition, what worked for me was set video to low, and disable lighting.  Its ugly and nearly black n white with no 3d , but two 15 wave runs on Helen with a booster, will level it up and then you never have to see it again (and reset video back to normal)

Edited by -MidnightMan-

On 2019-01-04 at 2:51 PM, [DE]Jeremy said:

Sorry about the delay over the holidays, this will be fixed in the next hotfix.  Once that is released, if you set your Particle System Quality to Low, these blur fx will now be hidden.

I tried it a few times now since the patch today "ESC > Options > Display (Particle system Quality) LOW"

Yet this does not help at all... i can still see the Blur-flash-lightning, and to be honest NO this effect must GO AWAY entirely. its not working (not vanished or disabled or hidden).!!!

oyL9qNL.jpg[/img]

@[DE]Linkski @[DE]Jeremy

• Like 1

The Epileptic Attacks are comming from two sources, the major one (Chest-Vibration) is now disabled but the second one still are there... on the sides, Vibe-flash effect.

Im very sorry if im kind of attacking or confronting a disturbing situation, but for me... this is unplayable for me.
I cannot watch this effect for even longer then around 4 seconds before it starts...

Thanks godness the Major instant seasure effect is atleast not visual, but this one also needs to go.
Cannot touch the frame atm, had to close game after just a 15 sec test with this frame.

- Pic 1
PHfdtwQ.jpg

- Pic 2
2sQYNYB.jpg

@[DE]Jeremy 

... Im refering to the BLUE Blurr here.