Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giving flexibility on Pet management

Fineblade

With the increasing variety of set mods for pets, it would be great if DE gives more flexibility for pet management because "one pet at one time" concept making us uncomfortable for managing build with a pet set mods.

To change it, it requires removing the concept "one pet at one time" and stasis feature. It prefers managing pets like Sentinels.

• Like 6

Having one pet at a time isn't a big problem at all. You bring one specific Companion to perform a specific thing and that's it. 

The issue right now is that quite a few of them aren't doing what they're supposed to do very well, and while the new Mods and changes are appreciated, a fundamental rework of the entire Companion system is needed to make them somewhat worthwhile.

For example, it's really hard to Mod Kubrows and Kavats to deal any real damage when all of their Mods are limited to eight slots, and every single Mod they have isn't split into categories. If pets had their own weapons they could equip that could use most of the offensive Mods, for example, it'd be a lot easier to build pets in a less overly specialized way.

You'd be better off asking for Pets to get their own Exilus slot or something.

As for removing Stasis, you only really need to remove the delay between switching Pets. Removing it completely is a no go.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog
  • Like 1

I just started to use pets, since they now fetch lot. Only reason for me to use a sentinel now would be for spreading status procs.

Have not tried it yet, but if i make loadouts say one using a Kubrow and another a Kavat.. will they be taken out from stasis when changing loadout?

Have to try it when i get home, but if not. That really kills the use of pets.

I have around 20 loadouts for different taskt.

5 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Credit sinks, pet degradation shouldn't be a thing.

It's not even that much of a credit sink, 5k for 48 days?

I agree with OP. With the latest changes all the stasis system does is mess up loadouts, which for me means only one Kavat being outside at any time, while having 10 sentinels and 5 moas.

It also doesn't help much, that offensive and defensive mods are separate for moas and sentinels.

Just now, Ver1dian said:

It's not even that much of a credit sink, 5k for 48 days?

I agree with OP. With the latest changes all the stasis system does is mess up loadouts, which for me means only one Kavat being outside at any time, while having 10 sentinels and 5 moas.

It also doesn't help much, that offensive and defensive mods are separate for moas and sentinels.

Consider how they still lose max health over time, no, the fact that it says "extra" doesn't mean is not a loss, even if they were 1000 credits you still need to buy them from time to time and most people probably can't stand having companions with less health, even 10%

Yeah, Stasis was a nice concept, but is now outdated really. Same with the DNA degradation

For those (like DE) stating about it being a 'credit sink', I would gladly pay a one time fee of 1 mil credits to not be bothered with DNA Stabilization anymore. That's far more than DE would see used on DNA Stabilizer sales.

Same with the Stasis. Give me a one time buy out.

• Like 2