Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Quality of Life Improvements and Feedback *Updated* HEAR ME OUT DE! 5-year Veteran

DatCanadien

I've been playing this game since Open beta's release and I still have some grimes with this game that I'd like to put my two cents on:

1. Material Trader: Common, Uncommon and Rare materials can each have a set value. That trade will allow us to trade (X) amount of excess stuff for (X) amount of stuff we need.

Example: 1 Rare (Orokin Cell) per 40,000 Common (Nano Spores)

Benefit: It will allow players to trade the excess amount of common materials for materials they may need to craft. I personally have almost 3 million nano spores and nothing to do with them n'or will I ever will, why not put them to use and trade them to a trader to get something I need like Orokin Cells.

2. Option to host or decrease ping limit: At the moment the current minimum is set to 100 ping limit which is still a terrible connection. The ping limit should be able to be adjusted as low as a player wants their connect to be. Another way to fix this is to give players a button to create a lobby for that mission instead of being forced to join a party that's already in the mission with a ping that is currently low enough to join

https://imgur.com/zEUH0X7  an Image of an example of games I get into with 100 Ping limit. Zoom in to the bottom right 1,667ping

Benefit: Players will be able to decide whether they want to host or not based on their internet speed and knowing whether they are good hosts or not. Players will also not be able to join parties at the threshold level, which after joining, shoots up to 200, 500, 1000+ ping and ruins the experience for that mission if they can stand to stay in that party.

3. Assault Rifle Buffs: Assault rifles are in a terrible spot in the current meta and need buffs. Currently assault rifles burn through to much ammo and do to little damage to be considered end-game. We should not be punished by liking a certain category of weapons. Not only ARs are in this position but they are what I experienced and one of the more popular choices.

Possible Changes: Assault Rifles can gain assault rifle restricted mods that can allow for more scaling vs armored targets and targets with greater max hp.

Example: (Assault Rifle Only) Deals bonus 10% of enemies max armor as bonus damage ON-HIT. Doubled on headshot - Of course this can scale with damage modifiers.

Benefit: More weapons to choose from that can actually be viable in the end-game.

4. More Mod Slots: We have been restricted to 8 mods slots since their were only a few hundred mods in the game and now their are thousands of mods that we cannot use because they are just weaker than the mods that are in meta. With or without this change we need dedicated Augment slots that do not consume mod space but rather increase it such as our Aura mods.

Example: Why would I use Primed Charged Shell, Primed Fast Hands, Primed Ammo Mutations, Primed Heavy Trauma, Primed Cryo Rounds, Primed Bane/Expel, Primed Shred, Primed Slip Mag, Etc. Over the MUST HAVE mods such as the Dual Stat Mods, Primed Pressure Point, Prime Point Blank, Primed Continuity, Etc.

Benefit: More variety of builds that people can actually customize to their liking while having the MUST HAVE mods equipped constantly. The dedicated augment slot will make much more use of augment ability mods as the user must decide whether switching out range, duration, survivability, etc. is worth being able to, say -move at 50% speed in ultimate-

5. Rework Arbitration Rewards: Currently the arbitration rewards are very lack-luster as they increase the difficulty and double the amount of time required just for a 2% chance at a somewhat decent mod or get a small amount of endo or an ayatan that will be used up upgrading a bronze mod 5 ranks.

Possible Changes: Change the drop rewards to guaranteed Endo while giving bonus drops of random rare materials found anywhere in the solar system.

Example: *10minutes in a survival goes by, we get 1500 endo + 3 Nitain Extracts OR 1500 endo + 5 Orokin cells OR 3000 endo + Part to a new Strong Weapon

Benefit: Players will feel like the added difficulty and time are worth doing to get a chance at rare materials they may need or a chance at parts for a new weapon that is strong and deadly

6. New Dedicated Clan Recruitment Options

Self explanatory, we need dedicated and efficient ways to get people to join our clans so they can grow

7. Auto Crafter Option:

Allow us to select an option to craft as much of a certain item as possible with a single click.

Example: If I have 350 Pyrol and I want to make them into Alloy, let me click a button saying "Create 17 Pyrotic Alloy" or an option to vary how much to create

8. Allow users to extract on their own terms:

If we don't want to extract at 5,10,15mins and we want to wait for atleast rotation C we shouldn't be forced to leave because 2 noobs want to leave after rotation A. Or if I get bored or someone messages me to trade, I want to leave the mission but my team doesn't or I don't want to drag them out cause that's just mean.

9. The Ability to Mute Lotus and Ordis:

They're very annoying after playing for 5 years

10. Melee Warframe Toggles should not be affect by Nulifiers:

Valkyr's Hysteria and Wukong's Primal Fury should not be stopped by Nulifiers as it ruins their playstyles and makes no sense. Why does monkey put away stick because big bubble make stick go limp? Maybe Valkyr could be hurt while in Nulifiers although her Hysteria is active?

11. Nulifier's Sheild Drones should be farther from the bubble:

Sometimes those drones are outright inside the bubble and completely safe, other times the weapons your using have a big bullet/laser/whatever hitbox and ends up hitting the bubble over and over even though you're clearly aiming at the drone but the hitbox says no.

***The Controversial Kick Button: The Kick button must be re-added to the game but this time around the kick button does not actually take players out of the mission. Only the party.

Example: We're trying to run a bounty and this one person is either afk or afk mining/fishing. We kick that person and they can continue fishing while we can all feel like we are doing our part in the bounty.

Benefit: Players will feel the need to participate and will set their parties to solo if they wish to farm fish/minerals. Players will be able to remain in the party after a mission  with their friends instead of having to leave party and re-invite them back.

This is all I have for feedback that I can recall at the moment, I will most likely continue adding more as I come across them in-game. Feel free to agree or disagree with my suggestions in the comments

Edited by DatCanadien
Added more stooof

12 minutes ago, DatCanadien said:

1. Material Trader: Common, Uncommon and Rare materials can each have a set value. That trade will allow us to trade (X) amount of excess stuff for (X) amount of stuff we need.

Benefit: It will allow players to trade the excess amount of common materials for materials they may need to craft. I personally have almost 3 million nano spores and nothing to do with them n'or will I ever will, why not put them to use and trade them to a trader to get something I need like Orokin Cells.

Leading to a race to find the best spot to farm whatever to end up having ample access to every other resource. DE is doing almost everything they can to invalidate the pile of Nano Spores you have. This would let you trivialize even more with that huge stockpile.

15 minutes ago, DatCanadien said:

2. Kick Button: The Kick button must be re-added to the game but this time around the kick button does not actually take players out of the mission. Only the party.

Example: We're trying to run a bounty and this one person is either afk or afk mining/fishing. We kick that person and they can continue fishing while we can all feel like we are doing our part in the bounty.

Benefit: Players will feel the need to participate and will set their parties to solo if they wish to farm fish/minerals. Players will be able to remain in the party after a mission  with their friends instead of having to leave party and re-invite them back.

That's not how the game works. Kick would still be weaponized.

17 minutes ago, DatCanadien said:

4. Assault Rifle Buffs: Assault rifles are in a terrible spot in the current meta and need buffs. Currently assault rifles burn through to much ammo and do to little damage to be considered end-game.

Possible Changes: Assault Rifles can gain assault rifle restricted mods that can allow for more scaling vs armored targets and targets with greater max hp.

Example: (Assault Rifle Only) Deals bonus 10% of enemies max armor as bonus damage ON-HIT. Doubled on headshot - Of course this can scale with damage modifiers.

Benefit: More weapons to choose from that can actually be viable in the end-game.

You being unable to use ARs for "end-game" doesn't mean they need a buff. Your example mods are broken.

19 minutes ago, DatCanadien said:

5. More Mod Slots: We have been restricted to 8 mods slots since their were only a few hundred mods in the game and now their are thousands of mods that we cannot use because they are just weaker than the mods that are in meta. With or without this change we need dedicated Augment slots that do not consume mod space but rather increase it such as our Aura mods.

Example: Why would I use Primed Charged Shell, Primed Fast Hands, Primed Ammo Mutations, Primed Heavy Trauma, Primed Cryo Rounds, Primed Bane/Expel, Primed Shred, Primed Slip Mag, Etc. Over the MUST HAVE mods such as the Dual Stat Mods, Primed Pressure Point, Prime Point Blank, Primed Continuity, Etc.

Benefit: More variety of builds that people can actually customize to their liking while having the MUST HAVE mods equipped constantly. The dedicated augment slot will make much more use of augment ability mods as the user must decide whether switching out range, duration, survivability, etc. is worth being able to, say -move at 50% speed in ultimate-

No more mod slots. No Augment slots. No slots that add even more mod capacity. You are asking for game changes because you are unable to play the game outside the extremely narrow metagame.

Dual stats are must have? You don't find Primed Shred a must have?

These are "Universal"? These are, for the most part, total buffs. These aren't slight tweaks to how the game feels or flows.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

That's not how the game works. Kick would still be weaponized.

You being unable to use ARs for "end-game" doesn't mean they need a buff. Your example mods are broken.

No more mod slots. No Augment slots. No slots that add even more mod capacity. You are asking for game changes because you are unable to play the game outside the extremely narrow metagame.

Dual stats are must have? You don't find Primed Shred a must have?

Kick cannot be weaponized if the players that get kicked are not effected. Kick was in the game for quite along time and I never had issues with it n'or other players.

Not being able to use a category of weapons in the end-game are a definite reason for why they should be buffed.

"You are asking for game changes because you are unable to play the game outside the extremely narrow metagame." You said it yourself, a very narrow metagame which is totally lame and doesn't allow for changes.

Dual stats are a definite must have on 80% of weapons, of course some can get by such as the new Kitguns because their base stats are so good. And no, I don't think Primed Shred is a must have

Edited by DatCanadien

51 minutes ago, DatCanadien said:

1. Material Trader

Directly conflicts with benefits 6 might have regarding Arbitration rewards. It's not bad to have places to dump the extra resources, like Ticker on Fortuna, but there's a cascade that goes with this idea.

4. Assault Rifle Buffs

Beware the demon called Power Creep.

Besides, semi autos tend to be in a worse spot with their damage output. At least ARs have the fire rate to back it up.

5. More Mod Slots

See, also, just about any crit build for at least half of the mods you suggest. I definitely don't use even any elemental mods, let alone 60/60s, on my Gram Prime lest I lose those red-crit slash procs.

Not only that, but it wouldn't fix it, just nudge it back. From a glance at your list, primed bane and primed cryo are pretty much the next ones to go on there. People won't use slip mag, ammo mutation is redundant in a number of high-efficiency weapons (and the ones where it's necessary, e.g. Dex Furis, either A: people already slot it in there or B: people run Carrier), so on and so forth. The hierarchy is going to continue for a good while before you actually get to a point where the more flexible "feel" mods—mag size and reload, e.g.—really start coming up as the next contender for that slot.

If you want to solve modding hierarchy issues, then modding has to mean "modifications", not "mother of damage dealing insanity nightmare guns".

Edited by Tyreaus

3 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Directly conflicts with benefits 6 might have regarding Arbitration rewards. It's not bad to have places to dump the extra resources, like Ticker on Fortuna, but there's a cascade that goes with this idea.

Besides, semi autos tend to be in a worse spot with their damage output. At least ARs have the fire rate to back it up.

See, also, just about any crit build for at least half of the mods you suggest. I definitely don't use even any elemental mods, let alone 60/60s, on my Gram Prime lest I lose those red-crit slash procs.

Not only that, but it wouldn't fix it, just nudge it back. From a glance at your list, primed bane and primed cryo are pretty much the next ones to go on there. People won't use slip mag, ammo mutation is redundant in a number of high-efficiency weapons (and the ones where it's necessary, e.g. Dex Furis, either A: people already slot it in there or B: people run Carrier), so on and so forth. The hierarchy is going to continue for a good while before you actually get to a point where the more flexible "feel" mods—mag size and reload, e.g.—really start coming up as the next contender for that slot.

Power Creep happens because of Indirect buffs to things. What is indirectly buffing AR's and mod slots?

1 minute ago, DatCanadien said:

Power Creep happens because of Indirect buffs to things. What is indirectly buffing AR's and mod slots?

No. It has nothing to do with "indirect buffing". Power creep happens when particular things become powerful to the point they overshadow other things—whether via direct buffs or indirect buffs. Meta weapons overshadow ARs (and others of a similar level). Buffing ARs to that meta level overshadows those other things on whose level it used to be on. It also overshadows the content they're meant to combat, which is a big part of what's created the "end game content" and "difficulty" discussions.

1 minute ago, Tyreaus said:

No. It has nothing to do with "indirect buffing". Power creep happens when particular things become powerful to the point they overshadow other things—whether via direct buffs or indirect buffs. Meta weapons overshadow ARs (and others of a similar level). Buffing ARs to that meta level overshadows those other things on whose level it used to be on. It also overshadows the content they're meant to combat, which is a big part of what's created the "end game content" and "difficulty" discussions.

All primaries except maybe 3 that I can think of are overshadowed by secondary's because they are just overall better dps wise. What would you be comfortable with changing in the primaries and AR's

"Kick button" and immediately interest in the post dies down. Go play any other game with kick button and show me how its not abused. Just because you migrate to some other team, as you suggest, doesnt exclude troll kicks for nothing(low mr, "wrong" frame, kill "stealing", etc).

Shoulda start with kick at number one, i'd save more time reading a lil bit less.

Edited by Sormaran
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DatCanadien said:

All primaries except maybe 3 that I can think of are overshadowed by secondary's because they are just overall better dps wise. What would you be comfortable with changing in the primaries and AR's

A better idea: change the secondaries based on the intended level of balance. And build up incomparables.

1 hour ago, DatCanadien said:

Not being able to use a category of weapons in the end-game are a definite reason for why they should be buffed.

Let me reiterate, then. You apparently can't use them. That doesn't mean other people can't or don't use them. 

1 hour ago, DatCanadien said:

"You are asking for game changes because you are unable to play the game outside the extremely narrow metagame." You said it yourself, a very narrow metagame which is totally lame and doesn't allow for changes.

Do you know what the metagame is? You seem to think this would go away with more mod slots, more mod capacity, buffed ARs. There will always be a best weapon. There will always be best in slot mods. The metagame cares for one thing: efficiency. Guess what? You can do any of the content in the game, up to and including several hours in endless with any frame and any weapon. The meta isn't holding a gun to your head. Try actually playing the game and not caring that your TTK is only a half millisecond slower.

I don't think a vote based kick system would be so bad tbh. The Warframe community in general is one of the nicer gaming communities I've met so I don't see three people grouping up and running random missions all day just to kick the fourth person that joins them, but there are times when a bad apple joins a high level activity like Eidolons or ESO or even Arbitrations now just to hide in a corner and wait for the rest of the team to do all the work. Even in defence missions I've seen people clip inside the cryopod somehow and stay crouched for the duration of the match only moving occasionally to not trigger the inactivity timer. Right now the only way to deal with scum like this is for the rest of the team to leave the game which is a win for the leech and a loss for everyone else, being able to vote and kick them would help a lot imo

1 hour ago, Sormaran said:

"Kick button" and immediately interest in the post dies down. Go play any other game with kick button and show me how its not abused. Just because you migrate to some other team, as you suggest, doesnt exclude troll kicks for nothing(low mr, "wrong" frame, kill "stealing", etc).

Shoulda start with kick at number one, i'd save more time reading a lil bit less.

Sad to see someone so agitated by the word "Kick". It's been in the game before, it's nothing new. Get a clan or a party if you're so worried about being kicked

47 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Let me reiterate, then. You apparently can't use them. That doesn't mean other people can't or don't use them. 

Do you know what the metagame is? You seem to think this would go away with more mod slots, more mod capacity, buffed ARs. There will always be a best weapon. There will always be best in slot mods. The metagame cares for one thing: efficiency. Guess what? You can do any of the content in the game, up to and including several hours in endless with any frame and any weapon. The meta isn't holding a gun to your head. Try actually playing the game and not caring that your TTK is only a half millisecond slower.

The only thing I could do to increase my AR's damage output is to install and 3000platnium god-tier riven that will increase it's critical damage by an extra 2000dmg per shot and raw dmg by 3000 with a possible status chance increase by 10%. You upload a video with 1 hour survival vs Infested with Meg and the Mk-1 Paris if you can do the content with any warframe and weapon in the game.

And adding more mods slots and capacity can add room to change the metagame. Yes you will still have your MUST HAVE 5 mods that you equip on every warframe but adding more room could have potential for more builds and such with an increase in mods that are all balanced in their own regards. People who enjoy survivability can go that route with more mods and those who want more range, efficiency or strength can go another way

3 hours ago, DatCanadien said:

The point of this game is to make you play it. This will defeat this point, DE wants you to farm for anything, not conveniently exchange for the materials you need, not matter the conversion cost

4. Assault Rifle Buffs: Assault rifles are in a terrible spot in the current meta and need buffs. Currently assault rifles burn through to much ammo and do to little damage to be considered end-game.

Again with the damn meta......the meta has always been about AoE weapons or abilities that kill a lot of things in the shortest time and with the least player input. ARs by design cannot do that, they'll never compete with the meta. Even so, not everything has to be meta viable. If all you play is that stupid word then that's your issue, not the game, this game isn't all about meta, if you wanna use ARs then do it somewhere else

Nothing should be changed willingly to fit a stupid meta

5. More Mod Slots: We have been restricted to 8 mods slots since their were only a few hundred mods in the game and now their are thousands of mods that we cannot use because they are just weaker than the mods that are in meta. With or without this change we need dedicated Augment slots that do not consume mod space but rather increase it such as our Aura mods.

:facepalm: you have no idea about balance don't you? Augment are by definition an improvement for your abilities, and you're saying we should be rewarded for it? 

Mod variety is never and will never be a thing. Your meta will always be a thing here, you can add as many slots as you want, you'll just add 2-3 more mods into the 'must-haves' while still leave the rest in the dust. This game is all about piling and drowning you will stuff that you won't use, mods are no exception 

You know how to get mod variety for even a little bit? mod the weapon to your liking instead of what others or the meta tell you to. There's almost always 1-2 free slots that you can slot whatever you wish into, that's where you come in, that's the whole point of this system

6. Rework Arbitration Rewards: Currently the arbitration rewards are very lack-luster as they increase the difficulty and double the amount of time required just for a 2% chance at a somewhat decent mod or get a small amount of endo or an ayatan that will be used up upgrading a bronze mod 5 ranks.

Possible Changes: Change the drop rewards to guaranteed Endo while giving bonus drops of random rare materials found anywhere in the solar system.

Example: *10minutes in a survival goes by, we get 1500 endo + 3 Nitain Extracts OR 1500 endo + 5 Orokin cells OR 3000 endo + Part to a new Strong Weapon

Benefit: Players will feel like the added difficulty and time are worth doing to get a chance at rare materials they may need or a chance at parts for a new weapon that is strong and deadly

Resources that the players who are advertised to play this mode don't need and yet another 'deadly' weapon which will make the mode dead after you actually get it. This doesn't help the mode in the slightest

Most of these aren't QoLs at you, you're just asking for buffs and masking them as QoL 

On the subject of Assault Rifles: Can we please get ammo pick-up based on the weapon, rather than the ammo box type? Currently, rifle ammo boxes give us, what? 20 rounds regardless of the rifle? That's nothing for something like the Supra which is both inaccurate and not that strong, but constitutes a substantial chunk of the ammo pool of a Vectis or an Opticore. Just like ammo capacity varies per weapon (and should be show in the Arsenal stats!!!), so should ammo pick-up, I feel.

On 2018-12-28 at 11:06 PM, DatCanadien said:

I've been playing this game since Open beta's release and I still have some grimes with this game that I'd like to put my two cents on:

2. Kick Button: The Kick button must be re-added to the game but this time around the kick button does not actually take players out of the mission. Only the party.

Botting mania suggestions.

Reason I like Warframe is that mats and the associated botters that goes with it aren't selling their ill gotten gains.

The suggestions are no different. Just exchange mats for something rarer so they can build and SELL. The folks arguing this theme aren't buying plat from DE, but they sure want YOUR plat! You see all sorts of junk on WFM.

Kick button will be abused, as then outside parties can't report botters/leechers. Why I prefer an AFK timer, no more safely parking of their leechers/bots.

100ms connections are fine in the USA (considering from coast to coast the pings are 90ms or a tad less -- people advocating for LESS than 100ms pings apparently arent from the USA, or think that their 10ms connections are the norm. Nope!). Besides, Warframe doesn't have the population to only have 10ms players (even WoW doesn't. DPS players have to wait 30+ minutes getting into a 30 minute dungeon -- bots avoid tank/healer roles to lower their wait, because they can't be botted in current content [AI isn't smart enough, yet]).

Don't like this stuff in games...

WorldofBotcraft.png

Got tired of it YEARS ago...

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

20 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Botting mania suggestions.

Reason I like Warframe is that mats and the associated botters that goes with it aren't selling their ill gotten gains.

The suggestions are no different. Just exchange mats for something rarer so they can build and SELL. The folks arguing this theme aren't buying plat from DE, but they sure want YOUR plat! You see all sorts of junk on WFM.

Kick button will be abused, as then outside parties can't report botters/leechers. Why I prefer an AFK timer, no more safely parking of their leechers/bots.

100ms connections are fine in the USA (considering from coast to coast the pings are 90ms or a tad less -- people advocating for LESS than 100ms pings apparently arent from the USA, or think that their 10ms connections are the norm. Nope!). Besides, Warframe doesn't have the population to only have 10ms players (even WoW doesn't. DPS players have to wait 30+ minutes getting into a 30 minute dungeon -- bots avoid tank/healer roles to lower their wait, because they can't be botted in current content [AI isn't smart enough, yet]).

Don't like this stuff in games...

WorldofBotcraft.png

Got tired of it YEARS ago...

https://imgur.com/zEUH0X7

My wonderful Ping even though I set my ping limiter to 100 🙂. Spoiler; its' 1,667ms