Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redeemer Prime is the Best Thing in Melee Since Coptering

ssh83

I compare it to coptering because they both reward good aim and positional awareness.  

Given that the power of redeemer prime may be "unintentional," I hope DE recognize the role it fulfills.  

1. Like coptering, it takes a bit of finesse in aiming.  (rare for melee)
  2. A melee weapon that is viable for non-tank frame because you can choose a safe position to attack from, not always next to your enemy (out in the open).
  3. With end-game mods, it can compete with meta-tier alternatives

If they ever touch redeemer prime, I hope they make the game healthier, retaining/expanding the number of available choices, not reducing.

For example, instead of melee combo that each looks amazing but provide no practical/tactical differences, maybe design them to have strategic characteristic.  Maybe one combo deflect all attack from the front.  Maybe one combo aims high with vertical slashes, ensuring head-shots.

I don't see the comparison tbh, iirc coptering was just 'aim high and swing'...nothing really special but I digress 

I agree actually, it's basically a tigris prime but without it's restrictions of reload and can scale with the melee combo 

The only way I'd suggest it was balanced is to remove the shots giving melee combo and instead make headshot with the gun give the combo, nothing else 

Melee 3.0 will only buff the melee weapons so it and all melee weapons only stand to get stronger not weaker. If they give all melee 2.5 to 3 times the damage like would be right with the way they are removing multipliers in exchange for uber powerful charge attacks I don't see any nerfs coming. if they make it unable to achieve 100% status as well they will get reemed for nerfing a balanced weapon that requires many end game mods to achieve in the first place. Overall they would do best to keep it as is and buff it like they will every melee weapon.

You can't EVER compare anything to Coptering! You just can't! 😥 May Coptering rest in peace, and within out hearts.

I personally really enjoy the gunblade weapons, it feels rewarding and fluid to charge up the shots and then land them.
But I've actually been steering away from the Redeemer Prime, because based on other threads, it seems to be doing significantly more damage than it should due to a bug or coding error. It's great that there's a new weapon that can compete with meta weapons, but it's kinda iffy how it out-performs them due to the above issue. So I'm afraid that I'll get used to it before it gets hit with a nerf bat and then feel sad. 😞  

4 minutes ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

You can't EVER compare anything to Coptering! You just can't! 😥 May Coptering rest in peace, and within out hearts.

I personally really enjoy the gunblade weapons, it feels rewarding and fluid to charge up the shots and then land them.
But I've actually been steering away from the Redeemer Prime, because based on other threads, it seems to be doing significantly more damage than it should due to a bug or coding error. It's great that there's a new weapon that can compete with meta weapons, but it's kinda iffy how it out-performs them due to the above issue. So I'm afraid that I'll get used to it before it gets hit with a nerf bat and then feel sad. 😞  

The base Redeemer was already busted with much lower stats and the Prime is just better like a prime should me. It does nto kill enemies in mass and ruin the new player experience so any nerf if unwarranted. Plus you can do a 0 forma build that one shots the enemies so no major investment needed.

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well considering it’s best build doesn’t rely too heavily on the combo counter I don’t think it’ll be affected too heavily by M3.0

AFIK what is melee 3.0 all charge attack will have heavy attacks mechanics - that means combo counter or what ever it will be, it will be a "energy pool" for those charge/heavy attacks. So it IS gonna be affected a rather heavily.

5 hours ago, Kracken said:

AFIK what is melee 3.0 all charge attack will have heavy attacks mechanics - that means combo counter or what ever it will be, it will be a "energy pool" for those charge/heavy attacks. So it IS gonna be affected a rather heavily.

I was thinking more the bullet dance stance would be able to be used more smoothly.