Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what are some good zaws? (the most powerful zaws)

Williamwaitunnaing

Question

6 answers to this question

It's kinda hard to make a bad Zaw unless you're just starting out with the Plains of Eidolon content. Try visiting Hok and messing around with the Build a Zaw page. You can preview any combination (remember to check the 'Preview Gilded' box) and then make a shopping list for yourself. I'm no Zaw expert, I'm sure others have made more meta ones, but I'll share the ones I've made and enjoy playing. These are all sorted Strike/Grip/Link:

• Dehtat/Kwath/Vargeet Ruhang II -- This forms a slow but crit-heavy Rapier that looks like a short spear. It's mostly Puncture and Slash damage, and it works well with Berserker and Condition Overload. (The basic Combo of Vulpine Mask forces a Slash proc, so CO does work if your Attack Speed is high.)
  • Balla/Laka/Vargeet Jai II -- This is a fast, fast dagger leaning a little more toward Crit but still builds well as a hybrid.
  • Dokrham/Seekalla/Ekwana Jai II -- A Heavy Blade (looks like a giant scythe) stacked toward Speed and Status Chance. I built this specifically for my Saryn setup.

The Plague Zaw parts, available during the Palgue Star event, are arguably the best parts in the game.

• Plague Kripath/Plague Akwin/Vargeet Ruhang -- another Crit-leaning Rapier, a little less damage but a little faster than my first example. I see a lot of people use the Kripath with the Plague Bokwin.

Here's what I've used, but honestly the best thing you can is mess around in the Preview window at Hok's Anvil. Experiment, find out what speaks to you. If you'd rather poke around outside the game, you can also check out this Zaw Builder by Semlar.

Plague kripath - seekala - ekwana jai ii (hybrid) / ekwana ii jai (maiming strike) | polearm

Dokrahm - shtung - vargett ii jai / vargett jai ii (full crit) | heavy blades

Cyath - peye - vargett jai ii / vargett ii jai (hybrid with cyclone stance) | machete

Some of the zaw I use ^.

Modular formula I use:

Strike: weapon type. Whatever you like. More slash like cyath is better in general and kripath is the consensus best

Grip: peye/seekala for status builds : fast swings for more procs. Also work for hybrid build that rely on combo procs
korb/shtung for crit build: Harder hits, better dps. peye/seekala is ok for building combo as well. Not much loss

Link: Vargett jai ii / vargett ii jai: obviously for crit
Ekwana jai ii / ekwana ii jai: obviously for status, although building hybrid is better than full status

Edited by Lewdcifer

1 hour ago, Williamwaitunnaing said:

Like the title says, what are good zaws? I want to try them

Good Zaw's depends of your custom build, for which purpose u wanna build Zaw (Status or Crits), based on Att speed or Damage, then after all on your mod build is key factor for good Zaw. Also u must to know some of Zaw's can limit your range, for example Sword Zaw builds have less range in comparision with Polearm Zaw builds which can have much bigger range.

Normally I suggest :

2h grip for the range, 

Links that provide you 14 CC, 25 SC  (to make the just right hybrid build) it will be different for the plague ones, just stay near 15% CC and 27% sc. 

Speed as near 1 as possible. 

Damage will usually be about 80 to 90.

This will usually provide the most flexible zaw that can go either hybrid/status / Crit and will have very few limitations. 

For the strike the plague kripath, plague keewar, dohkram, sepfahn tend to be better than the others due to their innate stats and distribution of damage. 

Polearms give most ease (quick melee everything) and range

And heavy blade will be most mobile (tempo Royale) and have synergy with slam effects (exodia hunt) 

Keewar looks most likely to be owned by evil sorcerers. 

Sepfahn has best non plague stats and distribution. 

Then of course you could build a dagger with any crappy stat and put covert lethality on it.