Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actual weapon meta for the Profit Taker fight?

Doc-Orange

Question

Hello,

after a break I'll come back and start with the profit take fight. So I'll prepare myself for this approach. I studied some videos but they are from different times. What is the actual meta for weapons and which elements on the weapons should I use to mitigate the element change on the boss.

Thanks for help!

8 answers to this question

As many elements as you can with highest dmg, dual elemental with strong IPS basicly. Examples ~ Rubico prime / 2 elements, kitgun 3 elements or 2 / redemer prime 2 elements or plague zaw with arcane to throw blast 2-3 elements all that with buff frame like chroma and you can solo in ~10 mins

A burst critical damage weapon (Like sniper, excluding lanka, for primary and Euphona P. for 2nd) and Zaw with Ex. Contagion arcane can do some serious damage to orb shield. for elemental you can go with whatever elemental you want (2 element per weapon is quite good), but Ex. Contagion already has innate Blast damage, just keep that in mind. With that set up, i can solo orb taker with inaros for +- 13~15 minutes, and +- 5~7 minutes using ice chroma. as for AW Gun. you can use Imp. Vandal with Radiation damage. Fluctus is also quite good. but its hit box is quite wonky. you need to position your self infront of orb leck to score some damage. If you are soloing using Chroma, you need at least 1 magus elevate arcane. but if you are soloing using Inaros you need protective dash from vazarin focus tree.

There is really no 'meta' since the fight is incredibly easy.

There are 14 damage types and you can't cover all of them alone with only 3 weapons. Still try to cover as many as possible.

The only thing 'meta' could be said to be is the archgun. Charge type archguns have an additional recoil, which makes them ineffective. The imperator vandal's new stats makes it fastest when killing the limbs.

Generally a chroma with any weapon with over 50K burst dps will take out the shield element under a second. And chroma's additional damage will guarantee that the armor/health phase is also over very fast with a good archwing.

Be warned: If you try to group up, you might waste more time grouping up than actually doing the runs with random people.

I run solo with inaros , rubico prime , pyrana prime my zaw and an imperator vandal. with the main weapons i cover Corrosive, Cold, Impact, Slash, Radiation and Viral. Every other element I don't have I just skip with my operator firing at the orb to cycle it's damage. Inaros so I don't have to deal with dying or getting stunlocked to death and imperator vandal cuz it's the best DPS archgun out there. average runs I have are 8-9 minutes, sometimes 10 if RNG is against me and doesn't spawn the arch gun ammo guys so I'm stuck waiting for my launcher to recharge.

There is no specific Meta but high burst damage weapons (usually Crit based) will perform better. 

NOTE that the shields still get bonuses from elemental types, so magnetic and cold should be present for maximisation. 

Try to spread your IPS between primary secondary and melee, one combined element and one base elemental on each weapon. 

Radiation on the heavy (and cold if you have spare capacity though I would suggest you focus purely on radiation) 

Ignore status, go for full damage/ Crit and elemental mods. 

I use 

Primary : sobek (impact, magnetic, heat)

Secondary : pyrana prime (slash, radiation, toxic) 

Melee : plague zaw (puncture, corrosive, cold, viral) 

Heavy: imperator v (radiation, cold) 

One of the few times I have used IPS damage boosting mods. 

Even though I have 10 elements covered I focus on 6 with highest DPS, the others are more like fillers between void shift cooldowns. 

Primed elemental mods should be used wherever applicable. 

Frame: inaros - this is more for his negation swarm to avoid the knocdowns than anything else though not having to worry about your health really helps. 

I Can manage to take it down solo in 10 minutes with little issues, I expect damage boosting frames like chroma and rhino could do it in less... Maybe. 

I must add I have pretty good rivens on these weapons, but you should be able to manage without one as well. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l