Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor cheap-ish build?

PenderTheTyrant

Question

I finally got my opticor and i fit as many good mods as i have (no primed yet) but i'm not super satisfied. It oneshots most enemies of course but on really high missions i can only kill with headshots/crits.

Thing is, i'm not sure what to focus. I know it needs lots of fire rate and i got some but should i focus on crits, raw damage, multishots or effect procs?

Only put 1 forma for now since i'm still not sure what to put next.

0icGeu1.jpg

10 answers to this question

Just now, PenderTheTyrant said:

I finally got my opticor and i fit as many good mods as i have (no primed yet) but i'm not super satisfied. It oneshots most enemies of course but on really high missions i can only kill with headshots/crits.

Thing is, i'm not sure what to focus. I know it needs lots of fire rate and i got some but should i focus on crits, raw damage, multishots or effect procs?

0icGeu1.jpg

no cheapish build for you.

Throw Piercing Hit straight into the trash, get rid of either speed trigger or Vile Acceleration (your preferencce) and add 2 90% elementals and the 60% multishot mod.

EDIT: So basically this. 

7d459e062dac24e6024d712a3eb29846.jpg

26 minutes ago, Wrum said:

dont bother with crit or status on the opticor just do a raw damage build.

And this is how you make your Opticor's damage fall off before level 80.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

I put Shred on mine. Mostly for the punch through. It takes forever to charge so I'd rather hit more than just a couple of guys in the front of a line. Its one single meter isn't enough imho.

I also have some elemental damage, Radiation for the Index and Corrosive for everything else.

If you're going for crits you might want Hunter Munitions in there. The slash proc might help prevent wasting another second charging for just a sliver of health.

39 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

0icGeu1.jpg

Sorry to say... there is no "cheapish" build for Opticor. Any riven for it is going to be expensive, and any non-riven build it still going to want a Catalyst and MINIMUM 4 forma.

Mine is currently running Serration, Piercing Caliber, Hellfire, Stormbringer, Split Chamber, Speed Trigger, Primed Shred and High Voltage (for a little extra Status and boosting the radiation.) Took 5 Forma to get it that far (3 Vs, 2 dashes.)

Opticor is a Crit weapon. I wouldn't bother with Status. The weapon only scales so far and trying to improve it's status doesn't really help.

Vile Acceleration is best if you also use Heavy Cal but if not Speed Trigger. The -15% Damage evens out better when you have two 165% damage mods on the weapon however it might still be worth while due to the Charge time of the weapon.

Opticor is more of a Damage per shot weapon so the DPS values aren't as important. What's important is that whatever you pointed at is dead in one hit. The best way to do this is to build for Crit and to use Damage modifiers to help overcome Armor. Unfortunately against Grineer you will have to choose between Corrosive or Radiation and will be weak against one armor type. Other factions you can simply pick Corrosive for Infested and Toxic for Corpus.

45 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Throw Piercing Hit straight into the trash, get rid of either speed trigger or Vile Acceleration (your preferencce) and add 2 90% elementals and the 60% multishot mod.

EDIT: So basically this. 

7d459e062dac24e6024d712a3eb29846.jpg

And this is how you make your Opticor's damage fall off before level 80.

sorry i meant that for eidolons. should have clarified. i tried a crit build against eidolons and found it far less effective then just raw radiation.

Also heavy caliber works well with the opticor as the accuracy loss is basically unnoticeable but is expensive capacity wise.