Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would the game let me finish my Hydrolyst fight? Update: hunt successful, but need new tips.

KnossosTNC

Question

Soooo, quick background: I like to play this game solo, just to see if I could. I don't claim to be good at the game at all, just stubborn. I recently captured enough Teralysts with my Oberon to get enough Arcane Nullifiers to switch to my Trinity. After capturing a few more Teralysts to get comfortable with my Trinity, I tried my luck against a Gantulyst. First hunt: success, dying only once. Second hunt: success, no death.

So naturally, I'm looking ahead to the Hydrolyst fight. However, I noticed a potential issue: time. It takes me about 10 minutes to down a Teralyst, and my last Teralyst + Gantulyst hunt took me 27 minutes, potentially leaving only 20 minutes to fight the Hydrolyst. I'm hoping to cut that time a little bit more once I max out my Virtuos Strike, but I'm still concerned. If my Hydrolyst fight runs into the morning, will the game let me finish my fight, or will the Hydrolyst just go; "Welp, Sun's up. *Yawns* Smell ya later" and leave me going; "WTF?!" If the latter, any tips to save some more time?

Also, I'm looking to tweak my Trinity build a bit. I think 25 second Blessing is a little too long, so I'm thinking of ditching my Constitution for a Rage to try to alleviate my slight energy problem. I've looked up the drop rate for Rage. It's eye-watering. Any tips for farming for one?

Edited by KnossosTNC

13 answers to this question

I'm afraid it'll be the latter, unfortunately. As for the tips, it depends what takes you the most time, what amp you're using, what weapon you're using to DPS Synovias and how it's modded, amongst other things.

About Trinity, I'm running a build with 200dura, 175efficiency, 34range, and 155strength. Vitality, transient fortitude, augur message narrowminded, primed flow, r4 fleeting expertise, streamline. I also have speed drift on it but it's far from being mandatory. I also have equipped max arcane Guardian, and I would go for a nullifier one on the second slot if I had one and was soloing. I'm fairly sure there are other good builds, some better than mine, but that's how I modded her for Trialyst runs (note that I'm not doing this solo).

As for rage, do you have a Hunter Adrenaline laying around by any chance? It's basically a better version of it.

Edited by Redeye
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Soooo, quick background: I like to play this game solo, just to see if I could. I don't claim to be good at the game at all, just stubborn. I recently captured enough Teralysts with my Oberon to get enough Arcane Nullifiers to switch to my Trinity. After capturing a few more Teralysts to get comfortable with my Trinity, I tried my luck against a Gantulyst. First hunt: success, dying only once. Second hunt: success, no death.

So naturally, I'm looking ahead to the Hydrolyst fight. However, I noticed a potential issue: time. It takes me about 10 minutes to down a Teralyst, and my last Teralyst + Gantulyst hunt took me 27 minutes, potentially leaving only 20 minutes to fight the Hydrolyst. I'm hoping to cut that time a little bit more once I max out my Virtuos Strike, but I'm still concerned. If my Hydrolyst fight runs into the morning, will the game let me finish my fight, or will the Hydrolyst just go; "Welp, Sun's up. *Yawns* Smell ya later" and leave me going; "WTF?!" If the latter, any tips to save some more time?

Also, I'm looking to tweak my Trinity build a bit. I think 25 second Blessing is a little too long, so I'm thinking of ditching my Constitution for a Rage to try to alleviate my slight energy problem. I've looked up the drop rate for Rage. It's eye-watering. Any tips for farming for one?

As far as time, yes, if you get to morning and the Hydrolyst isn't dead, it will begin to path to the nearest body of water and disappear.

As far as Rage, just get a Hunter Adrenaline off of someone. The whole hunter set goes for as low as 20:platinum:, and you can pick up individual mods for ~5 each.

10 minutes ago, Redeye said:

I'm afraid it'll be the latter, unfortunately. As for the tips, it depends what takes you the most time, what amp you're using, what weapon you're using to DPS Synovias and how it's modded, amongst other things.

About Trinity, I'm running a build with 200dura, 175efficiency, 34range, and 155strength. Vitality, transient fortitude, augur message narrowminded, primed flow, r4 fleeting expertise, streamline. I also have speed drift on it but it's far from being mandatory. I also have equipped max arcane Guardian, and I would go for a nullifier one on the second slot if I didn't have one. I'm fairly sure there are other good builds, some better than mine, but that's how I modded her for Trialyst runs (note that I'm not doing this solo).

As for rage, do you have a Hunter Adrenaline laying around by any chance? It's basically a better version of it.

10 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

As far as time, yes, if you get to morning and the Hydrolyst isn't dead, it will begin to path to the nearest body of water and disappear.

As far as Rage, just get a Hunter Adrenaline off of someone. The whole hunter set goes for as low as 20:platinum:, and you can pick up individual mods for ~5 each.

Thank you for your replies.

I have a Gilded Shwaak + Shraksun + Lohrin amp, and no Riven radiation Lanka with Heavy Caliber (I had no problems hitting the Synovias with it) and Vile Acceleration (I thought it improved my overall DPS).

I already have Hunter Adrenaline. Still had to go to my pads in the middle of the fight. A hairy situation, since it required standing still for a moment. Don't even know if Rage + HA will even help, just thought it was worth a try.

Edited by KnossosTNC

My understanding is that if it gets to morning, and the Eidolon retreats, if you stay in the plains (i.e. - don't go to Cetus), you pick up on the same Eidolon when night returns. I'll look for the reference for it. Or if you look through the past update posts, you might it as well.

Here's a link: 

It also has the reference link in it.

TLDR: "Worth Noting: Remaining in the Plains for the entire Day Cycle effectively allows you to hunt the Eidolons across multiple nights. If your team kills all 3 Eidolons in one night, or across several, then the Teralyst will respawn and you can start the hunt again. TLDR players can hunt Eidolons across multiple nights without losing progress as long as they stay within their current session. Going back to Cetus resets it."

Edited by (PS4)Awesomenisticus
added link and TLDR text

9 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

I already have Hunter Adrenaline. Still had to go to my pads in the middle of the fight. A hairy situation, since it required standing still for a moment. Don't even know if Rage + HA will even help, just thought it was worth a try.

I wouldn't advise combining both. After all, there are some sources of damange that won't proc it (looking at you, giant yellow vertical columns of death). If you haven't already, you should hotkey your Team Energy Restores. I'm using 1~9 on Numpad for most used gear items and these damn pizzas are sure part of the list.

You can do so by going into your game options, controls tab, customize key bindings. There will be "Gear hotkey 1, Gear hotkey 2, etc. Asign desired gear hotkey# to desired keyboard key.

Edit: I realized that "standing still" probably refers to ther time spent into the glowing circle so you can recieve the energy. I tend to forget about that since I'm spamming them like a madman. .-.

Edited by Redeye

Ok, Mentioning someone broke the Text Editor for me and didn't let me put anything else in. Good to know.
I recommend switching to a Damage-Assisting Frame. Specifically Volt. The Shields are the biggest time-sink with Eidolons. Pushing the speed of Shield Phases is the best place to increase your Capture speed. I recommend looking at this or similar videos. Trinity is good support and survivability, but not for speeding up the process. If you can down the Eidolon quickly, healing becomes a side-objective rather than a primary.

Edited by NoLife

13 minutes ago, Redeye said:

I wouldn't advise combining both. After all, there are some sources of damange that won't proc it (looking at you, giant yellow vertical columns of death). If you haven't already, you should hotkey your Team Energy Restores. I'm using 1~9 on Numpad for most used gear items and these damn pizzas are sure part of the list.

You can do so by going into your game options, controls tab, customize key bindings. There will be "Gear hotkey 1, Gear hotkey 2, etc. Asign desired gear hotkey# to desired keyboard key.

Edit: I realized that "standing still" probably refers to ther time spent into the glowing circle so you can recieve the energy. I tend to forget about that since I'm spamming them like a madman. .-.

Yup, noticed that. Hit 4, then tried to enter one to refill my energy. Regretted it immediately.

And yeah, that's what i meant. I don't like to spam them - I might be a little bit OCD. I have nearly 120,000 Polymer Bundles from the extractors I've been deploying to Venus, Mercury, and Uranus around the clock, and I still feel it's a bit on the low side. I'm currently in a semi-panic over Orokin Cells at the moment. I have... ...224. Yeah, I'm that kind of crazy.

7 minutes ago, NoLife said:

Ok, Mentioning someone broke the Text Editor for me and didn't let me put anything else in. Good to know.
I recommend switching to a Damage-Assisting Frame. Specifically Volt. The Shields are the biggest time-sink with Eidolons. Pushing the speed of Shield Phases is the best place to increase your Capture speed. I recommend looking at this or similar videos. Trinity is good support and survivability, but not for speeding up the process.

Cheers. I might try that once I feel I can keep the Lures alive without Oberon or Trinity. My first attempt at a solo Teralyst hunt was with a Rhino. I lost my lures, and it went downhill from there, so I'm still a bit worried about that.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Update: after posting this thread, I swapped out my Primed Flow for a Fleeting Expertise, which completely solved my energy problem. I then used every time-saving measure I could think of: using my Itzal liberally, using ciphers to hack the lures, ignoring the sentient cores to go straight for the next fight, hip-firing my Lanka when I couldn't get a proper aim. In the end, I managed to cut the Teralyst + Gantulyst hunt down to 22 minutes, so I tried my luck with the Hydrolyst. I died three times, but I did it! Woohoo! Thank you so much for all your replies.

So now, I need some tips to refine my hunt. One issue I had when fighting the Hydrolyst was that my Operator died a lot - like, I would transfer out of my frame, get one shot off my amp, and die instantly. Transference Static therefore stacked up very quickly, which was annoying. I'm currently working to unbind the Vazarin and Unairu Way-Bounds, but I kinda doubt it would help much. What else could I do to improve my performance?

Edited by KnossosTNC

On 2019-01-10 at 1:45 PM, KnossosTNC said:

Soooo, quick background: I like to play this game solo, just to see if I could. I don't claim to be good at the game at all, just stubborn.

I will never understand this. Not judging (you're free to do what ever) as I'm the first to switch to solo when it comes to spy missions, but I just never understood why people play solo in modes where it doesn't matter. If you're lucky you'll get paired with one or two people of equal skill, making the whole hunt a lot more fun and waaaay faster. Just yesterday I was placed in a squad where we stumped Terry and Gaunt in less than 10 minutes. If you're not lucky you get paired with a bunch of level 2 and 5 (which happens a lot) you'll spend the same amount of time as you normally would as if you were alone, but you're also be helping new players rank up with Onkko and get a few "thank you" in return. Not a bad deal if you ask me. 

So please ( I mean it sincerely), stop playing alone and open that squad up. Who knows, you might meet some cool people in the process.

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

7 hours ago, (XB1)Jarheadius said:

Operator arcanes help a lot. I use Magus Husk, and Magus Vigor when I hunt Eidolons. The way bound passives help out quite a bit as well. I'll still end up using some health pads, but getting one shot doesn't really happen anymore. 

Cheers, I'll give that a try. Just so happen to have a big pile of Nyths lying around.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I will never understand this. Not judging (you're free to do what ever) as I'm the first to switch to solo when it comes to spy missions, but I just never understood why people play solo in modes where it doesn't matter. If you're lucky you'll get paired with one or two people of equal skill, making the whole hunt a lot more fun and waaaay faster. Just yesterday I was placed in a squad where we stumped Terry and Gaunt in less than 10 minutes. If you're not lucky you get paired with a bunch of level 2 and 5 (which happens a lot) you'll spend the same amount of time as you normally would as if you were alone, but you're also be helping new players rank up with Onkko and get a few "thank you" in return. Not a bad deal if you ask me. 

So please ( I mean it sincerely), stop playing alone and open that squad up. Who knows, you might meet some cool people in the process.

No worries, mate. Speaking strictly in my case, as I mentioned in the OP, I don't consider myself good, just stubborn. More to the point, I enjoy having that stubbornness tested. Starting out on my personal quest to solo this game, I expected to get stuck at Uranus or Neptune, and for Pluto to kick my arse. Today, through the sheer force of my stubbornness, I've soloed every boss in the game, turned Pluto into my playground, and I'm soloing Sorties, Arbitrations and ESO on a regular basis. Every now and then, I would look back to those initial personal expectations, then compare them to what I'm doing now, and it would give me a quiet personal satisfaction - a "sense of pride and accomplishment," if you like. I'm only explaining this to you now, without a hint of arrogance or bragging, simply because you asked.

But sure, I see your point, and I have never had anything against squadding up - it was my original plan once I hit my wall anyway, it's just that wall never came. I will consider it my next challenge.

Edited by KnossosTNC

34 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

No worries, mate. Speaking strictly in my case, as I mentioned in the OP, I don't consider myself good, just stubborn. More to the point, I enjoy having that stubbornness tested. Starting out on my personal quest to solo this game, I expected to get stuck at Uranus or Neptune, and for Pluto to kick my arse. Today, through the sheer force of my stubbornness, I've soloed every boss in the game, turned Pluto into my playground, and I'm soloing Sorties, Arbitrations and ESO on a regular basis. Every now and then, I would look back to those initial personal expectations, then compare them to what I'm doing now, and it would give me a quiet personal satisfaction - a "sense of pride and accomplishment," if you like. I'm only explaining this to you now, without a hint of arrogance or bragging, simply because you asked.

But sure, I see your point, and I have never had anything against squadding up - it was my original plan once I hit my wall anyway, it's just that wall never came. I will consider it my next challenge.

No arrogance came across at all and you seem like a good person just looking for a challenge, I'm just simply putting out there the idea of faster hunts with other cool people. Of course you can get to the point where you can solo all 3 in 20 minutes (getting a Chroma, some arcanes, and the right focus school), but I just think you'll find it more rewarding when you're just flying by the seat of your pants with other people and somehow still coming out on top. I fell in love with this game almost 5 years ago, and I did so because of the community and the community management and I just wanted to point out the community here is an asset that can be used in game. Think of the other 3 players as a Mod or Clem specters :clem: