Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I behind on weapons and mastery rank?

___DragonFlame___

Question

I feel that I am behind on my mastery rank and what weapons I am using for the enemies I am dealing with, for when I started playing the game, I used the starter weapons through Earth, Venus, Mars, and I think Mercury if I remember correctly. Right now I am using Dread, Brakk, and Guandao while on Europa and Saturn. I am currently MR 7.

9 answers to this question

MR isn't really important as long as you mod your frame and weapons properly (orokin cell, orkin catalyst, remember to upgrade your mods with Endo as long as you have the capacity to use them). I'm only MR8 and I've finished most of the star chart now with weapons I got quite early on.

There was really no need to basically make the same topic again within 24 hours,
you received good advice already in the previous one, work on your Mods first and foremost,
any shiny new weapon is still gonna be meh without proper Mods, also MR means nothing.

Edited by NinjaZeku

It's not about the weapons or MR, it's about the mods. If you feel like you don't do enough damage you should consider putting a mod elemental combo in your weapon for example Toxin+Electricity which makes Corrosive damage and that is great vs Grineers because it has bonus dmg against them and reduces their armor.

here is a VERY simple and cheap build for your Guandao

https://goo.gl/CwK9hy

Edited by LatoDen

On 2019-01-20 at 4:24 PM, ___DragonFlame___ said:

DarkRuler2500: Yes, but I feel behind being MR 7 on Saturn and Europa. Most people I see there are MR 10+. And I didn't rank up too much in those first few planets because I never changed my weapons.

i dont think you are behind on mastery rank. i was MR 6 when i completed the entire starchart. currently MR17 almost MR18. just do it at your own pace is what i think is best

On 2019-01-20 at 3:38 PM, ___DragonFlame___ said:

I feel that I am behind on my mastery rank and what weapons I am using for the enemies I am dealing with, for when I started playing the game, I used the starter weapons through Earth, Venus, Mars, and I think Mercury if I remember correctly. Right now I am using Dread, Brakk, and Guandao while on Europa and Saturn. I am currently MR 7.

You're holding a Guandao...with the right build on a frame and on Guandao you can handle very high level enemies and be way ahead of a majority of the playerbase...same with Dread btw. MR means nothing. Knowing how to build and where to farm the things you need means everything, regardless of MR. You're holding some of the strongest weapons in the game that can get you through almost anything. MR can always come later. You're only really "behind" if there's something you really want that requires a higher MR.