Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Warframe abilities have skill tree?

Genesix6

20 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Your post history. 

Perhaps you should slow down, put yourself apart from the part of you that likes your suggestion, and then read and think about what people have said. 

Trinity becomes Nuke Trinity, Rhino swaps from Ironclad-Reinforcing Stomp, to Ironclad-Shrapnel. I've seen a Loki go from having to sneak around backstabbing mobs to wtfpwnbbq-ing Hydron with his irradiating disarm. 

Those are effects you're asking for a skill tree to create, but they're already there. And you can't see them because you are too focused on what you have in mind. 

Also Limbo wants to know why you say that he can't Nuke? 

TL DR : are you sure that you have been playing Warframe or have you gotten us confused with your other game again? 

That doesnt make it more like skill trees though, that is simply about stat swapping on gear to fill different roles.

And no Loki doesnt "wtfpwnbbq-ing" when it comes to Hydron and Irradiating Disarm, I think the words you are looking for a "turning it into a crawl". Loki without Irradiating does indeed help wtfpwn because he makes them come to you instantly, not duke it out in a chernobyl catfight.

The mod progression in WF is one of the major reasons it has issues giving us interesting rewards. So turning mods into skill options would also let them create a proper progression system with gear. Once you have the mods the longevity of content is gone pretty much and it is very far between the moments they release maybe one new mod that might compete with one of the others. And even then it is one piece of eq you need to grind for, which isnt a very long project.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Your post history. 

Wow, so basically if you suggest an idea that is based from another game in the forum , all your ideas is basically from another games. Wow what a great detective skill. Also do you know where this idea came from.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Perhaps you should slow down, put yourself apart from the part of you that likes your suggestion, and then read and think about what people have said. 

Huh, I read all the post so far, but has no relevance of what you said in your post. Like I said said in my previous post

There's one that is recently just came

13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Trinity becomes Nuke Trinity, Rhino swaps from Ironclad-Reinforcing Stomp, to Ironclad-Shrapnel. I've seen a Loki go from having to sneak around backstabbing mobs to wtfpwnbbq-ing Hydron with his irradiating disarm. 

Ok Trinity

Rhino? Nuker not much at lvl 80 with armor above though

Loki? Not a nuke, a cc but ok

29 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Also Limbo wants to know why you say that he can't Nuke? 

Go ahead try using his catacylms against enemies with armor lvl 100

I am sure you can do it. 

27 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

So how would this work with frames that pretty much rely on their entire kit, such as Nidus or Harrow or even Limbo?  They kinda rely on their whole kit working together and this would seriously screw with it...

Further there are some abilities that make no sense.  What would an "offensive" bless be?  Or a "defensive" bless?  Let alone a "support" bless...
Or what about a "defensive" exalted blade?  Or a "support" exalted blade?
Sure your idea works great on one of frosts abilities...but you have to consider the 30+ frames that are out there each with 4 abilities.

And how would Equinox work at all?  Day form is offensive and night form is defensive...so how would this skill tree even begin to approach her?

So basically "If you want to play support, dont!  It'll sap you of all of your energy!  And with practically no upside!", because please remember penalties like this are applied after mods are taken into consideration...so -100% energy means you have zero energy, not just +175% if you have primed flow equipped.  Same with health and shields...meaning if you go full offensive you will have literally 0 health and will die upon spawning into a mission.
This is an extremely harsh punishment to support players...and for absolutely no reason.  Especially because support casters kinda...you know...need energy more than health or shields?

While I agree there are frame that rely on their kit, this idea is used to grant more abilities like in my post, while it could have potential ruining them but it could work

While the support, defensive and offensive might be confusing. Maybe having exacabur 4 the ability as support skill to change into a flying sword that protect your allies (a bit silly I know). I agree of putting a skill for 30+ frame with 4 ability is a bit much for de, as they have a lot of things to do this year.

The idea of -health/energy/shield

Was to make sure that player don't go full offensive/defensive/support, it also to make sure other players is able to use other abilities.

While limiting the choice of players is bad, like -100% health is bad thing, but I like I said in the original post "Might, might be able to balance this", but I guess the idea of balance would backfire

1 hour ago, Genesix6 said:

Wow, so basically if you suggest an idea that is based from another game in the forum , all your ideas is basically from another games. Wow what a great detective skill. Also do you know where this idea came from.

No, but when you make multiple long winded posts about the skill tree in another game that you play a lot, and go on and on about the complexity of the skill tree, and then make a post not long after about adding skill trees to warframe....... 

Huh, I read all the post so far, but has no relevance of what you said in your post. Like I said said in my previous post

And are you doing the rest of what was suggested? No? Ahhh well. 

Ok Trinity

Rhino? Nuker not much at lvl 80 with armor above though

Loki? Not a nuke, a cc but ok

See above. You're looking at the words but not actually figuring out what was said. I showed how a bunch of frames with abilities that are usually not used offensively, became effectively offensive when players built them for that. 

Go ahead try using his catacylms against enemies with armor lvl 100

I am sure you can do it. 

Ohhh I see we'll shift the goalpost. You said you want a nuke Limbo, but what you actually want an infinitely-scalable nuke Limbo. 

I mean it's one thing to not bother reading what other people are telling you. It's really something different to not bother reading your own posts. 😁

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Link added

2 hours ago, Genesix6 said:

10 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No, but when you make multiple long winded posts about the skill tree in another game that you play a lot, and go on and on about the complexity of the skill tree, and then make a post not long after about adding skill trees to warframe....... 

Wow so basically this skill tree idea came from that game, wow. 

Btw you sure don't know the skill tree what I am talking the other with this though, why. Because you never played the game, before claiming that this skill tree based on that game, play the game and compare this idea with skill tree.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And are you doing the rest of what was suggested? No? Ahhh well. 

Let's see what I got previously

2 hours ago, Genesix6 said:

I only seen people said thing such as this

A. We don't need this, we have augment, all we need is an augment slot

B. That will take a lot of development, so it not gonna not happen

C. Are okay with the idea, but not okay with the nerf (only 1)

D. Wouldn't work well with many frame because of unbalance issue

E. Mods is like a skill tree but works differently

Add another one as well

F. I can't access, so I don't want it

So not much relevance to you post

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

See above. You're looking at the words but not actually figuring out what was said. I showed how a bunch of frames with abilities that are usually not used offensively, became effectively offensive when players built them for that. 

Yeah bunch of frames,  3 frames that, while only 1 that is can be a nuker. The other aren't, why because cc, which is not even offensive to begin with. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

LOhhh I see we'll shift the goalpost. You said you want a nuke Limbo, but what you actually want an infinitely-scalable nuke Limbo. 

I mean it's one thing to not bother reading what other people are telling you. It's really something different to not bother reading your own posts. 😁

Nope, again looks like assuming is the best argument

Well looks like someone is doing the same thing here, not reading post of what they say. Oh well 

Wow so basically this skill tree idea came from that game, wow. 

Btw you sure don't know the skill tree what I am talking the other with this though, why. Because you never played the game, before claiming that this skill tree based on that game, play the game and compare this idea with skill tree.

🙄

Sure mate. Whatever you say. You certainly didn't hoist yourself by your own petard. 

Let's see what I got previously

Still trying to read without comprehending. That's not good. 

Yeah bunch of frames,  3 frames that, while only 1 that is can be a nuker. The other aren't, why because cc, which is not even offensive to begin with

Offensive play ≠ Nuking the map. 

And yes you can use cc ability offensively. People have complained about it. 

Nope, again looks like assuming is the best argument

What's this? Good thing that links to time stamped posts exist. Behold:

"Can we build limbo as nuker as instead of being cc, no" 

When it's pointed out that you can, what did you do? 

"Go ahead try using his catacylms against enemies with armor lvl 100" 

Looks like a shifted goalpost. Pretty far out too. But hey whatever works, right? 

Well looks like someone is doing the same thing here, not reading post of what they say. Oh well 

And yes, I pointed out that was what you did. Now I have also quoted it and posted links to the originals. That should make it easier to find. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

🙄

Sure mate. Whatever you say. You certainly didn't hoist yourself by your own petard. 

Well you don't know what you are talking about so yeah

🙄

Still trying to read without comprehending. That's not good. 

Well you not gonna read, so not gonna bother with this

🙄

Offensive play ≠ Nuking the map. 

And yes you can use cc ability offensively. People have complained about it. 

I wonder what is the current way to offensive play oh yeah, so I guess killing enemies with using weapon with cc is called offensive play

🙄

What's this? Good thing that links to time stamped posts exist. Behold:

"Can we build limbo as nuker as instead of being cc, no" 

When it's pointed out that you can, what did you do? 

"Go ahead try using his catacylms against enemies with armor lvl 100" 

Looks like a shifted goalpost. Pretty far out too. But hey whatever works, right? 

I wonder what was the point of that post, what is to prove that some frames can't be benefit by some mods. 

Well you ask why limbo can't nuke, because he can't to begin with, even lvl 50 doesn't do a thing at all. 

🙄

And yes, I pointed out that was what you did. Now I have also quoted it and posted links to the originals. That should make it easier to find. 

Yeah, you not much reading into of what I said,oh well 

Have a good day tennogen of not reading into of what you said