Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are "Mastery Rank Tests" there to make players leave the game?

CPT_deBauch

4 minutes ago, Calloop said:

The current system does not explicitly show player skills. For such things there is a rank system, as in League of Legends (PVP) and equipment level able to help pass missions (PvE).

The mr test is not meant to show skill.Its meant to show the amount of experience with the things that you used in the game.

4 минуты назад, (NSW)jja209 сказал:

The mr test is not meant to show skill.Its meant to show the amount of experience with the things that you used in the game.

Skill != amount of experience?

It is right that developers have created such tests. But they should not be an indicator of whether I deserve new content in game. At least, as long as game and tests do not complement each other. Now game depends on tests, though not deadly.

Edited by Calloop

43 minutes ago, Calloop said:

Are you talking about those shet weapons that only need to raise next rank? Pff..

At MR 7 you should have about 60 primary weapons available to you for immediate use, you should have over 50 secondary weapons you can use along with a metric crap load of melee weapons.

Oh and potentially all but a few frames. 

So again... You probably still have a lot of possibilities to occupy your time. 

11 minutes ago, Calloop said:

Skill != amount of experience?

It is right that developers have created such tests. But they should not be an indicator of whether I deserve new content in game.

I was referring to the experience as in time of play.They want you to use everything that’s in the game to unlock better items. Skill would determine how well you maneuver through the level and the type of Warframe/item works the best for you in a type of situation.I personally haven’t played a game that makes your rank determine your skill.

2 минуты назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

At MR 7 you should have about 60 primary weapons available to you for immediate use, you should have over 50 secondary weapons you can use along with a metric crap load of melee weapons.

I have already gained enough experience to gain access to rank 8. Further pumping weak weapons will not do any good until I get the next rank.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Wow I’m mr 5 going to mr 6 and barely have a whole lot that you are referring to.

8 минут назад, (NSW)jja209 сказал:

I was referring to the experience as in time of play.They want you to use everything that’s in the game to unlock better items. Skill would determine how well you maneuver through the level and the type of Warframe/item works the best for you in a type of situation.I personally haven’t played a game that makes your rank determine your skill.

Yet again. I pass tests in training. And I do not pass them if I do not fulfill their conditions. To fulfill their conditions, certain skills are needed. How does the penalty of 24 hours fine explain that I cannot currently take test in practice mode? Excessive stress due to pressure prevents concentration.This punishment does not change anything, but only annoying.

Edited by Calloop

3 minutes ago, (NSW)jja209 said:

Wow I’m mr 5 going to mr 6 and barely have a whole lot that you are referring to.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

List of what unlocks when is under mastery benefits. 👍

3 minutes ago, Calloop said:

Yet again. I pass tests in training. And I do not pass them if I do not fulfill their conditions. To fulfill their conditions, certain skills are needed. How does the penalty of 24 hours fine explain that I cannot currently take test in practice mode? Excessive stress due to pressure prevents concentration.

Learning how to handle that is beneficial to you. The point of the test is to show that you have control even under pressure. Try the music thing to slow down. 

5 минут назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

Learning how to handle that is beneficial to you. The point of the test is to show that you have control even under pressure. Try the music thing to slow down. 

Sounds like "do you have no phone?")

16 minutes ago, Calloop said:

I have already gained enough experience to gain access to rank 8. Further pumping weak weapons will not do any good until I get the next rank.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Also you can keep levelling new equipment if you want, you don't lose the points, it will count towards your next mastery rank. 

You can continue to build up Mastery points, and do the tests on consecutive days assuming that you can pass them. That would let you jump many levels in a short period of time. 

1 minute ago, Calloop said:

Sounds like "do you have no phone?")

Sounds like you still have a lot to learn. One of those things is that trying to rush is futile. It leads to mistakes and those lead to even greater delays. One of the delays you've discovered. One that you haven't figured out yet is that those mastery fodder weapons are going to be needed to get to MR16 which is when you will have access to everything. Refusing to do them at this point when you have nothing better to spend your time on (since you are stuck at your current MR), just means that you will have a lot of very boring grinding to do later. 

If you can't learn how to pace yourself under pressure, control your reactions, and just do better, then you will have a hard time later on. 

5 минут назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

't learn how to pace yourself under pressure, control your reactions, and just do better, then you will have a hard time later on. 

This is all great, but there are still no objective reasons why it is worth forgetting the question of revising the penalties for failing rank tests. The penalty is still useless and annoying

Edited by Calloop

16 минут назад, (XB1)RevenantRequiem сказал:

You do realize you keep gaining mastery rank points towards the next rank even if you haven't passed your current test?

Yes. I said that is not necessary to level up of equipment when I got enough experience to get a new rank. In addition, conversation is not about the fact that I have nothing to do after failing test.

Edited by Calloop

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

List of what unlocks when is under mastery benefits. 👍

Oh I know that the higher rank guns level you up quicker,what I’m saying is that I didn’t need almost all the frames and weapons to get were I am now.

5 hours ago, Calloop said:

This is all great, but there are still no objective reasons why it is worth forgetting the question of revising the penalties for failing rank tests. The penalty is still useless and annoying

The 24 hour delay is not the penalty for failure. It is the cost of making the attempt. Pass or fail, you must wait 24 hours before attempting another test. 

In your case you failed. Repeatedly. Because you don't yet have the ability to calm yourself while under pressure. You try to go faster than you need to, and as a consequence get sloppy, waste time, and fail what should be a simple test. 

People claim that the tests don't teach us anything. That particular test teaches us about bullet economy and economy of motion. We have to learn to manage our actions regardless of pressure. We learn that pacing ourselves is better than rushing. 

Learning those lessons is important. That's your objective reason. 

5 hours ago, Calloop said:

Yes. I said that is not necessary to level up of equipment when I got enough experience to get a new rank. In addition, conversation is not about the fact that I have nothing to do after failing test.

You claimed that the problem was that you faced "24 hours without additional slots. 24 hours without new equipment. 24 hours without new quests. Every day." 

At MR 7, none of that is even remotely true. You can farm for plat trade and buy slots to your heart's content. You have hundreds of pieces of equipment that you can obtain and use of which you have only tried a small fraction. You have access to the entire star chart and all quests, the fact that you think you don't suggests that your modding and skill level are the source of the problem, not your Mastery Rank. 

Work on those for a bit. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)jja209 said:

Oh I know that the higher rank guns level you up quicker,what I’m saying is that I didn’t need almost all the frames and weapons to get were I am now.

The higher rank guns don't level you up quicker. At higher rank you have access to more weapons, and when starting off your mod capacity is higher at weapon level 0, so you can get a jump start and have a more powerful build than someone with a lower rank. 

And yeah, you wouldn't have needed to level all the weapons/frames/companions available to you at your mastery rank to get to the next level. But by doing more, you could find yourself in a position where you could do one test after another on consecutive days, and have a huge jump in Mastery Rank over time, compared to people who are waiting to level equipment when they get to that rank who would be facing the full grindwall each time. 

Basically instead of being MR 5 going on 6, you would be MR 5 going on 16. 😁

If you can't make it past mr5 you're going to love the mr9 stealth test.

My advice, if you've got spare time in the game go do some fishing and mining, you're going to need a ton of that stuff later for zaws/kitguns/amps etc and having a stock will be a big help to you.

Other than that relax.  It's a game that often tests your patience.  You can't just rush everything and have it all handed to you. I don't know how many times I failed the mr9 test, I actually gave up on it for a couple of weeks as I was getting too frustrated and that was making me fail.  I still played everyday though and just done other stuff as normal.

30 минут назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

People claim that the tests don't teach us anything. That particular test teaches us about bullet economy and economy of motion. We have to learn to manage our actions regardless of pressure. We learn that pacing ourselves is better than rushing. 

I came to game not to learn Zen, but to have fun. To receive punishment in the form of 24 hours of idle rank is disgusting. I lose not only time and nerves, but also resources that I could get for rank.

I do not understand these walls of text that I need to remain calm, to endure what I consider wrong, to learn everything in a row. And all this only in order to it is not clear to whom to prove my skill of playing slasher with crowds of opponents dying in one hit in five-minute missions.

Edited by Calloop

The Mastery test can also be referred to as "How stupid I really am test". If you fail a test and then go to forums to make a post about how it's not fun to do mastery tests then you truly failed epically and humans are doomed to extinction. If you fail test and then just take a minute to google how to beat said mastery test easily then you are gonna be fine, mankind will survive and most likely you will beat the test with next try.

• Like 3

5 минут назад, (PS4)Black_Adder_ сказал:

The Mastery test can also be referred to as "How stupid I really am test". If you fail a test and then go to forums to make a post about how it's not fun to do mastery tests then you truly failed epically and humans are doomed to extinction. If you fail test and then just take a minute to google how to beat said mastery test easily then you are gonna be fine, mankind will survive and most likely you will beat the test with next try.

I calmly passed test several times in training. And flunked it, unsuccessfully pressing keys on practice. I do not ask for advice on how to pass tests, but I support the fact that penalty for failure is exaggerated.

Edited by Calloop

2 minutes ago, Calloop said:

I calmly passed test several times in training. And flunked it, unsuccessfully pressing keys on practice. I do not ask for advice on how to pass tests, but I support the fact that penalty for failure is exaggerated.

Nope, you can just calmly beat the test next day. Log in, check foundry, do MR test, do something else and calmy log out.

9 минут назад, (PS4)Black_Adder_ сказал:

Nope, you can just calmly beat the test next day. Log in, check foundry, do MR test, do something else and calmy log out.

Have you come to this topic to report that you have successfully passed tests? I congratulate you, it's great, and I will also try, like the other players. But this topic is not about fact that people can not pass tests, but that consequences of their failure are ridiculous.

Edited by Calloop

38 minutes ago, Calloop said:

I came to game not to learn Zen, but to have fun. To receive punishment in the form of 24 hours of idle rank is disgusting. I lose not only time and nerves, but also resources that I could get for rank.

I do not understand these walls of text that I need to remain calm, to endure what I consider wrong, to learn everything in a row. And all this only in order to it is not clear to whom to prove my skill of playing slasher with crowds of opponents dying in one hit in five-minute missions.

Repeat after me: It is not a penalty for failure. It is the cost of attempting the test. Pass or fail there is a 24 hour countdown before the next attempt. 

The fact that you think that you should be able to rush through everything, and yet fail because you are trying to rush through everything, should hint to you that maybe you should try something else. Like not failing. 

At MR 7 you can finish the star chart and all quests.... Have you? And if not, why? Is it because the enemies don't all die in one hit? Is it because they take you down, despite the fact that you should be able to handle the situation? Is it because small mistakes add up, make you flustered, and that leads to big mistakes? Does that make you rage quit and blame the game for not being fun anymore? Do you then sit and sulk? Or do you just practice and improve? 

Do you even realise that multiple people are telling you the exact same thing here? 

13 минут назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

Do you even realise that multiple people are telling you the exact same thing here? 

And where I wrote that game does not give me pleasure? On contrary, I have never met such a nice online game. But each game has its own controversial points, and I consider this timer to be one of them. If there was no training mode, I would not write anything on this topic. And while there is an opportunity to pass test at any time, I do not understand why these attempts should not be counted.

Цитата

multiple people are telling you the exact same thing

Comments are different.

Edited by Calloop

This is stupid, how come this thread is still ongoing?

Warframe gives you the option to practice the test, 24h is the COST whatever you fail or pass, there are alot of things to do/master before the next rank UNLESS you rush to finish WF(gl with that), like any test you need to think how you approch it and not go blind, you have alot of tools(ingame and outside)...use them!

And if you still fail after all that(many tries mind you not just once) and on multiple diff tests then:A)You are too bullheaded to notice your mistakes and learn from them, or B)This type of game and game systems are not for you.

This is mostly for OP, but some of it still apply to the other issues some are having with the MR test system(At this point the thread is going in loops).