Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase kuva gained per extractor as mission progresses

OnzaFTW

Am i the only one who thinks that gaining 200 kuva per extractor while sitting at 40 mins in with level 105+ enemies coming at you is stupid af . I enjoy kuva survival , its fun but i think the extractors need to pump more kuva the longer you stay in the mission . otherwise the incentive to stay past 20 mins is absolutely zero .

I believe something fair like , for every 10 mins the team survives , each extractor thereafter pumps out an extra 50 kuva . so by 40mins , each extractor will be pumpin 200 additional kuva . 

This will incentivise high level play by edging players to stay as long as they can and make kuva survival even more fun

Another idea i had would be for braids to popup mid kuva survival (at random interval's maybe) and would force players to destroy for extra amounts of kuva or maybe the braid determines the additional kuva per extractor . there are many possibilities that can turn kuva survival into something much more interesting and worth playing for a long time . imo 

Edited by OnzaFTW
New idea
  • Like 1

I once had an idea how to make endless missions rewarding to incentivize to keep people playing for longer by increasing all rewards by 0.5x multiplier after each C rotation ( like everything from enemy drops to rewards of rewards table ) and cap it at 3.0x to prevent abuse .

Dought something like this will ever happen

Scaling rewards with the amount of time put into it is something I strongly agree with.

Back in the day when we used void keys, there was satisfaction in getting the most out of your key. Now that we have to burn a relic every 5 waves, I get the feeling that going beyond rotation C is lunacy, not worth it whatsoever. Sure, we get mini boosters and a chance to roll upgraded relics... but that is definitely not worth it. A good start though!

And this concept should also be carried over to regular endless mission, as well as kuva survival.

I like this idea a lot, more rewards the longer we stay. Amazing!

3 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

I once had an idea how to make endless missions rewarding to incentivize to keep people playing for longer by increasing all rewards by 0.5x multiplier after each C rotation ( like everything from enemy drops to rewards of rewards table ) and cap it at 3.0x to prevent abuse .

Dought something like this will ever happen

They don't want to give rewards to people who stay longer, simply because most of the players don't really want to stay longer and prefer "efficiency" over "challenge/fun".

I agree that's sad but that's it, we'll probably never get the emphasis on Endless missions. That's even more sad when you realize all they have to do is extend the same system that already exists in Endless Fissure missions (+25% resources, affinity, special reward for the 5th/10th and so on, stackable).

55 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

They don't want to give rewards to people who stay longer, simply because most of the players don't really want to stay longer and prefer "efficiency" over "challenge/fun".

Personally, I think its the other way around. Since there are no increasing rewards the longer you stay, most players are getting used to quick/fast missions. As you said it, we prefer "efficiency". Adding scaling rewards in kuva survival for example would mean I get double the resources for the same amount of time spent (e.g. 200 kuva in 1 minute vs. 400 kuva in 1 minute). And I agree that its really weird that they only have to put the mechanics in Endless Fissures to other similar missions but refuse to do so.

8 minutes ago, Archforge said:

Personally, I think its the other way around.

No, they have charts showing people prefer the fast-food content over the challenging/long ones. That's why they nerfed the Sorties to the ground, and they were praised for that. People are looking at the ratio Time/Rewards more than anything else.

Try recruiting for a 1-hour Mot. Everyone will ask you "to grind for what ?", but nobody will be interested in the content itself.

Thus, DE is focusing their development on short missions. Just have a look at Arbitrations, a handful of players are actually using this gamemode for fun, but once the vast majority has bought what they want, they'll never set their foot there ever again.

The problem is there: If DE gives more interesting rewards for long runs, people will feel forced to participate in long runs they're initially not interested in, and in the long run they'll just stop. Because players are like that, grinding themselves to boredom instead of just doing what they enjoy.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

Why is this still still a re-occuring Thread?

It has answered so many times and there are enough official statements why DE will not increase the Kuva in Survival.

Do many people want this? Yes. Are there hundreds of the same thread? Yes. Why not use an existing one? Opening new threads will not change this.

The only possible solution I can see DE would agree to is increasing Flood and Siphons as well but this belongs in a thread with math and why it will profit DE and not just like "I want this"

• Like 1

As much as the majority of us (including anyone who disagrees with your suggestion) would like some extra Kuva as a small counter to the bs RNG system surrounding rivens, DE seems hell bent on making us waste as much time as possible doing these annoying and very repetitive missions just so their charts would show high playtime on steam and such which would make their game look good for new players wondering if they should try it, without realising that they're hurting their existing players in the process

9 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

The only possible solution I can see DE would agree to is increasing Flood and Siphons as well but this belongs in a thread with math and why it will profit DE and not just like "I want this"

The hell? We're not paid analysts for DE. Take that anti-consumerism back to buzzfeed or reddit 😞

46 minutes ago, Morthal said:

The hell? We're not paid analysts for DE. Take that anti-consumerism back to buzzfeed or reddit

Why?

2. Back it up

• Support your points with concrete points. X has better stats than Y. This ability is less useful when considering X. Provide in-game situational evidence or a solid foundation for your argument to rest upon.

To put it simply OP said "I want more"

And no, the "50 more per rotation/10minutes/whatever" doesn't convince DE. It was discussed since the Dev Workshop with the same keywords over and over again

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 1

We all want more Kuva, or less cost per roll. It's pretty simple, the amount of time spent running Endless Kuva to feed my 80+ Rivens, eats into Sorties, Alerts, Focus and Forma grind. "Just buy the riven with the stats you want, lol". 
This question is as dumb as "Why not get a better job?"...because someone has to do it or we all face the consequences. Same with Kuva, if no one is grinding Kuva, there will be even less a chance that even mediocre rolls appear--this is even IF anyone is willing to sell a good riven. 
I'm collecting as many as I can now, even the crappy weapons and I will be rolling every one of them till I'm content with the outcome. I'm gonna die in my chair, grinding Kuva, get the real life support ready >_<

Edited by Morthal