Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frequent crashes going into Orb Valis

(NSW)Enso

25 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Today's Hotfix included two changes that will improve stability on the Orb Vallis! More to come:

1. Optimized significant performance deterioration when talking to Vent Kids on the Orb Vallis; this was most noticeable during the initial dialogue when starting a K-Drive Race.
  2. Fixed certain Transmissions encountering a script failure

Thank you Helen, let's hope it improves things, much appreciated!

If anything it's worse now. I've spent the last hour trying to seal fractures while only managing to get one canister filled. If I dont lose everything to a host migration or a crash, I'll place the coolant and it will just lock in place and never start sealing the fracture. This is absolutely miserable and I never want to do it again but I don't want to miss the Opticor Vandal. I need 6 more fractures and I'm praying to the gods of computing that I can manage to get it done but it just keeps failing.

On 2019-04-05 at 4:31 AM, (NSW)minghaoxi said:

Close the game process when u end playing. This may prevent game crash. The long time process run on the console,the more prossibility of crash

This is good advice.

Every time I decide I'm going to start focusing on a new Vallis activity (time to cap Vent Kids rep, time to run bounties, time to do some mining, time to run some Profit Taker, etc) I hard close the game and relog and jump right into that activity. I haven't had a real progress-affecting crash in a good week and a half, while I watch my squad mates disappear left and right.

Always start your Orb Vallis time on a fresh boot!

EDIT: I reckon that points to a memory leak issue. I hope there's a breakthrough soon

Edited by (NSW)ShugoWah

12 hours ago, (NSW)ShugoWah said:

This is good advice.

Every time I decide I'm going to start focusing on a new Vallis activity (time to cap Vent Kids rep, time to run bounties, time to do some mining, time to run some Profit Taker, etc) I hard close the game and relog and jump right into that activity. I haven't had a real progress-affecting crash in a good week and a half, while I watch my squad mates disappear left and right.

Always start your Orb Vallis time on a fresh boot!

EDIT: I reckon that points to a memory leak issue. I hope there's a breakthrough soon

Well that works...I guess. If you want to wait the good 10 or so minutes it takes to load in, sure. 

It is kind of ridiculous though, honestly. :/ This version has been out for, how long now? A damn good while, for sure. We still have these issues and performance is about to get way worse in the plains. Ugh. It's nice to have Warframe on the go but since my switch doesn't even support my campus wifi it's like I play mostly docked anyways...might as well restart on my ps4 pro at this point. Haven't had any crashes at all so far, that's been nice. I do hope for everybody stuck on switch that they can fix these lingering issues though, not that I have much faith..

6 hours ago, (NSW)XenobladeBun said:

Well that works...I guess. If you want to wait the good 10 or so minutes it takes to load in, sure. 

It is kind of ridiculous though, honestly. 😕 This version has been out for, how long now? A damn good while, for sure. We still have these issues and performance is about to get way worse in the plains. Ugh. It's nice to have Warframe on the go but since my switch doesn't even support my campus wifi it's like I play mostly docked anyways...might as well restart on my ps4 pro at this point. Haven't had any crashes at all so far, that's been nice. I do hope for everybody stuck on switch that they can fix these lingering issues though, not that I have much faith..

I mean, I'm with you as far as this port's stability being downright embarassing, haha

But if you wanna make good progress in the Vallis while we rattle the bars waiting for a fix, this is the way to do it

More fixes have been integrated in Update 24.6.2!

• Fixed several crashes and script errors.

• Fixed Orb Vallis Drones respawning with full Health/Shields after a Host Migration.

• Fixed a loss of functionality that occurred if you were playing a looping Emote while transitioning from Fortuna to Vallis or Cetus to the Plains.

Want to throw out my group did a run after the update and each of us had a crash loading in and mid bounty during a few transitions (we were going back regularly to avoid lost progress). I've turned on bug reporting in the switch, but is there anything specific I can have us turn on that would help troubleshoot?

I'm going to skip Orb Vallis until the thermia fractures are closed again.  The last time Orb Vallis was this buggy for me was when fractures were active. 

2 Clanmates and I tried to take on the Profit Taker over the weekend.  We hit alert level 4 and had 1 leg left to take out.  2 of us crashed.  I was host.  Load back in and I'm in the orbiter.  Invite back to OV and the shields have reset along with the health of the last leg.  We take the shields down, leg to 1/4 and *bam* host migration.  Our 3rd had a software error.  Profit taker resets again, shields and remaining leg back to full.  We noped out of a 3rd attempt. 

Next day, after I had manually closed Warframe, I'm solo farming Vega toroids in the spaceport, also trying to learn how to play Saryn.  3 toroid drops had dropped when I hit software error.  I'm back in the orbiter and everything I'd mined and farmed up to that point is gone.  Even running solo does not help.  And yes, my support ticket says when I crashed and to please restore the toroids. I have no clue about anything else that dropped during that farming session.  I'm semi-regretting skipping the crash fest during double drops weekend and getting all the toroids I'd ever need then.  Then again, if I had done that crash fest, I most likely would never enter OV again either. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that 24.6.2 fixes the crashes because Support was not able to assist me for my crash.  Yes, I filed the ticket as laid out by Helen.  After waiting for 2 weeks to have my ticket answered, support was not able to find my crashed session and restore the missing toroids.  I received the boilerplate non-response that makes it clear that I wasn't going to get my item restored because it was not in the listed set of things support will do. 

This really makes me want to avoid the new Jovian Concord content as I no longer have any confidence that items lost due to crashes outside of Eidolon hunts will be restored.  Orb Vallis will get a mining trip so I can gild a kitgun and then Nef can do whatever he wants to it. 

On the flip side, I know that should my Eidolon hunt in PoE get screwed up, at least support will fix that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Orb Vallis is still egregiously awful. Trying to do fractures is so enraging. 2/3 runs the last two nights have ended in crashing and getting nothing. Noteworthy that even the 1/3 that i got credit for, i crashed but then was able to rejoin. One time i crashed, and it failed to rejoin, and the other time someone else crashed/quit and the migration failed. I’m apparently at 69 fractures sealed but I guarantee it’s really 130+. Its so absolutely demoralizing wasting hours of time and makes it hard to keep coming back and playing every day. I love this game but it’s really unacceptable for this to be this bad for so long.

• 2 weeks later...