Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frequent crashes going into Orb Valis

(NSW)Enso

same thing happened again. Since buried debts dropped ive attempted 5 runs with clan mates and out of 5 attempts, 3 was successful. I literally was half way through the final fissure closure about 5 minutes ago, laying some soma prime lead down hill into a jackal and the game closes due to error, failing my whole clan as i was host. This has happened far too often for me so much so i havnt even done profit taker, im terrified to touch fortuna becuase of these crashes and as a result im far behind now. The buried debts is a time limited event and if this continues, how likely am i to earn the opticor vandal? 

If these crashes keep occuring im gonna end up not touching the new content at all and i dont want that, i love this game. 

Edited from 8 hours prior to original message:

Went in with a team of 4, we all took turns being host and all 4 times "error occured". I cant tell you how frustrated i am....

Edited by CimmerianD

I've just kinda given up on ever being able to grind for those toroid things to be honest... :( I don't want to risk losing progress when I put so much time out there, it crashed on my 5th of 6th bounty for that one achievement about doing 6 in 60 minutes just yesterday...

Any chance we could get an update on that cross-save idea? Honestly highly considering switching to ps4....and I have like, nearly 700 hours in the switch version. 

On 2019-03-21 at 11:12 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Thank you for reporting this error to us! I've passed it along to our Nintendo Switch QA team to have it investigated.

i hope thermia vents stay open longer on switch because you cant do Anything in the vallis w/o praying to RNGesus that your not going to crash but im betting Nintendo sure is loving you guys right about now w/ the amount of Error logs these things send out... im under the high assumption Panic Button/ you guys get a log from when the game crashes but teh switch does its own error logging which gets sent to nintendo each time it goes online Just like the 3DS,

if i wasnt wanting to play Hildryn (i got a 75% plat discount, wasn't passing that up!) so much right now i'd be tempted to Solo the fissures right now that way i crash i dont take the whole damn squad with me, and please dont pin this on everyone's net connection because this occurs to those in Solo Mode too. (seems i logged into my PC account name here on the forums. , same tag on switch anyway)

Edited by CaelThunderwing

Today alone I crashed twice on Fracture closing, once on bounties, once because I dared to open the chat window and a slew of host migration fails that led to disconnects or freezes. Eventually I decided to just do minor things to keep me from getting entirely frustrated and giving up.

I think it would greatly benefit the community if Switch content took longer so the game could be made much more stable than it is now.
As many others have voiced, it is nearly impossible to do anything in the open world areas - crashes are far too frequent or host dropping and suddenly everyone fails to reconnect and there goes all signs that you did anything at all. I would much rather get content one to two weeks later and have more faith that when it gets to us it'll be stable.
It is going to affect the community worse to have content that they cannot play than have a delay on when they get to play the content that the others have, in my opinion.

I am sure everyone greatly appreciates the effort put in to keeping those of us on our Switches caught up and the Switch is my defacto favorite way to play the game - I just wish it worked better.

Still love your game DE :C

I would agree, it really stinks having played for any length of time in a group and have that time lost due to a crash. Sure I could solo the fractures, but then it's a slog doing that alone. I am about ready to give up on the fractures due to the crashes. The open world content is great, I'd love to do it more with a group. But the crashes and host issues make it really hard to do so.

I don't think I've been able to get credit for fractures in OV in a group this entire time. Every group I've been in ended in me crashing or a host migration which resulted in a lose of everything I had done. I am to the point of staying away from any group content in the open world places due to these issues.

Edited by (NSW)EdgeWalker

@[DE]Helen a few friends and i we tested the inital idea on that the switch is crashing because of an memory leak/OutOfMemory issue, freshly loaded the game, used loadouts to not be so flashy particle heavy, we managed to get 2 canisters and get in fortuna no crash what so ever, go back out halfway thru another and Wham.  but we had stood in the fracture got particle heavyand tried to make it hard on the system (i got spammy with the staticor) so this might be the lead to the crashing,

@(NSW)EdgeWalker these crashes are only affecting Fortuna and thermia fracture sealing as far as most are reporting. rather than normal bounties or Plains of Eidolon for that matter, so atleast PoE should be safe. (yes i know im signed into my PC Forum account im getting sick of switching between 3 platforms i play on specifically for the forums X_X)

• Like 1

Ever since release Ive had contant crashes everyone in a while on Warframe on switch. Sometimes it lessens in some missions and increases somewhere else. For example a big place to be expecting crashes right now its Orb Vallis, los of crashes in Vallis atm. Whether its at random in the field when u moved quickly in a direction or when your loading in and out of it. Kinda like the plains before the Fortuna.

This is just insane!!!

I've been trying to farm sola toroids in the temple of profit for the past 2h while event booster was on and the other 3Day booster that i've purchesd just for this. I got them 3 times but before i managed to get back to fortuna my game crashed every time. I dont know what is going on there but game is crashing almost consistently every 5-10 mins. WTF!

I changed my graphic settings a couple of times, doesent matter what i do - game crashes. Most of the time crashes are happening when enemies are spawning in if they have those alarm poles up.

Edit: Maybe is just the general area there and not the enemies spawning in.... i dont know anymore...

Edit2: OMG ..... i got them finally and it didnt crash.  Also, sorry for raging but things like that make me wanna throw pc out of the window.

Edited by -Paradiz-

I also have been crashing pretty frequently going from fortuna to the Vallis but have no problems if I enter Vallis from orbiter. I also experience crashes and host migration that ends in a crash or load into the orbiter while in the Vallis. I have lost maybe 4-8 sealed fissure process, unsure because it happened and I couldn’t load back in. I love this game and I know you guys will get this sorted out. I think maybe the Vallis is in need of some TLC, as I very rarely have issues with the rest of my gameplay. Thanks again for all the hard work. I don’t mind if it takes awhile, but I would love to actually finish the operation. Have a great day!

I'm not sure if it's something you already do, but since I've been following this, I only crash in fortuna (and only once, or maybe twice, a day)

Instead of leaving the software in standby when I turn off the switch, I always close it. Whenever I am stopping my play session, I go to home, close the software and then put the switch in standby. I know a lot of people who are experiencing constant crashes and every time I ask, they answer me the same: they leave the software suspended with the console instead of closing it. The moment they start closing the software, the crashes reduce to only fortuna and in fewer numbers than before.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir
typo
  • Like 1

On 2019-03-21 at 6:17 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Let's simplify the process! If you can provide the following details when you get in touch with Support about items you lost from a dropped mission, they'll do everything they can:

1. The lost reward that was most important to you, which you'd like to receive
  2. The alias or aliases of members in your squad
  3. Roughly the time and day you were playing

Support has been told about the crashes on Orb Vallis, so they'll know some extra help might be needed. I've edited my message above to keep everyone on the same page!

Well, that wasn't enough to get anything back from OV. This is the response I got back:

Unfortunately, the provided information did not lead to any corroborating records or was insufficient to establish a reference in order to perform any kind of restoration.

If you are having recurring technical or network issues, please submit a ticket under the suitable tech category and send us your log files. One of our tech support members will happily help you with your problems.

I don't even know where to get log files to send. In my request I did mention the players and time in CET.

18 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I'm not sure if it's something you already do, but since I've been following this, I only crash in fortuna (and only once, or maybe twice, a day)

Instead of leaving the software in standby when I turn off the switch, I always close it. Whenever I am stopping my play session, I go to home, close the software and then put the switch in standby. I know a lot of people who are experiencing constant crashes and every time I ask, they answer me the same: they leave the software suspended with the console instead of closing it. The moment they start closing the software, the crashes reduce to only fortuna and in fewer numbers than before.

Havent tried, but I suppose I will. That only helps with part of the problem though. One run will be fine and additional ones will be laggy and either cause crashes or game drops from connection errors.

Still good advice though

I agree with you , same here , to bad so few people talk about it on official forums because crashes are really a concern in OPEN AREAS

For the BURRIED DEBT event , its really critical

You play multi ? then it will crash , a lot , eventually you can go back and have your FRACTURES POINTS back

You play solo ? more stable , but if you crash , game over

Since the beginning of the event I've lost 29 points ( 1 mutli session 7 + 7 + 2 , I wasn't aware of thoses crashes then)  1 solo session at 7 on my way back to fortuna , and the same  just 30 mins ago , with in my Pocket 7 fractures points , 8 toroid ....)

I hope DE will do something , at least , present us , players ( and customers) excuses and if possible a little gift maybe , for all the time we all lost in this ......

14 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Thank you for your patience, Tenno! Today, we launched Buried Debts: Hotfix 2, which included a fix for a crash related to the Coolant Raknoids. We'll continue to improve stability in Orb Vallis in future hotfixes!

Thank you for the hot fix. Unfortunately, it seems to have broken the color schemes for all attachments and syandanas and set them all permanently to their default colors with no way of color customization. Just thought I'd let you know!

Crashed today with around 40 Vega Toroids in my pocket...that game really knows how to take the grind serious...

Let's see if the support can do anything about it, but thats ridiculous that you always have to worry about the game crashing. Takes a lot of the fun away. 

15 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Thank you for your patience, Tenno! Today, we launched Buried Debts: Hotfix 2, which included a fix for a crash related to the Coolant Raknoids. We'll continue to improve stability in Orb Vallis in future hotfixes!

Hi Helen,  I hadn't turned on notifications for this thread by mistake despite starting it, thank you very much for looking into everything, and thank you everyone for coming forward as well!

• Like 1

On 2019-03-22 at 1:17 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Let's simplify the process! If you can provide the following details when you get in touch with Support about items you lost from a dropped mission, they'll do everything they can:

1. The lost reward that was most important to you, which you'd like to receive
  2. The alias or aliases of members in your squad
  3. Roughly the time and day you were playing

Support has been told about the crashes on Orb Vallis, so they'll know some extra help might be needed. I've edited my message above to keep everyone on the same page!

I noticed crashing or freezing happened when doing the Exploiter Orb randomly (Also in the Operation: Buried Debts). 

I'm using dock mode to play in the Orb Valis normally. 

It seems more often to crash than using the handheld mode. 

Dock Mode:

Before the first run, I'll restart the game (quit in the main menu by pressing x then start the game) to prevent crashes and keep playing without restarts.

I'm the host. The squad is 3 or 4 players size.

The first run of the Exploiter Orb is usually okay. But it tends to crash in the next or later runs. The timing of the crash is random.

Freezing happened in a 4 players squad, most likely to freeze when I'm using a canister at a thermia fracture. 

Please be notified it will crash or freeze when I'm doing the Operation: Buried Debts too even I'm playing solo.

Handheld Mode:

I'm not playing too much in the handheld mode, but I did 3 runs of the Exploiter Orb in a row and no crashes but crashed in the 4th time.

Crashing makes the experience more terrible because you don't know when it comes and it will ruin everyone's efforts in the game eventually. Normally the crashing won't bring the squad members to the previous squad, and the rewards are just gone.

Please let me know if you need more details, I'm very glad to help.

Today's Hotfix included two changes that will improve stability on the Orb Vallis! More to come:

1. Optimized significant performance deterioration when talking to Vent Kids on the Orb Vallis; this was most noticeable during the initial dialogue when starting a K-Drive Race.
  2. Fixed certain Transmissions encountering a script failure