Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions About RailJack

(XBOX)vx Axol xv

How is this system gonna work? What will we be able to utilize while piloting said rail? Will each persons lisat or personal transport be viable to use during railjack to give even more opportunities for space combat outside of archwings and the rail itself.

If ship piloting is gonna be a thing why not go all out with it? I don’t know maybe give your ship of choice unique weapons maybe make fighter enemies to contend with the lisats. Let’s really make this the ultimate free to play space game.  

Because being able to only “pilot” your lisat or ship on the loading screen in can only amuse me so much until I just give up and wait without spazzing my ship around like the folks in most of my squads I get into.

From what they've shown and said, the dropships (Liset, mantis, and so) are not going to show up in Railjack.  At the moment, there doesn't seem to be a spot for one to dock on the Railjack craft, much less a use. 

From what they've said, the guns on the ship are customizable to a degree - including AI turret control.  In terms of size I'd say its supposed to be an analogue to a powerful gunboat or small destroyer-type ship, supported by Archwing for interception and ship boarding.  Even if they retroactively fitted weapons to the dropships, they'd be in an awkward midpoint between the Railjack craft and an Archwing, and either be largely useless or push one or both of the elements out of usefulness. 

I suppose you could carve out a spot for them carrying things like bombs or loot to steal like in Hijack mode; but I believe it would be an awkward fit (who gets stuck on flag carry duty?) as well as being less interesting than having the Railjack or Archwings do it. 

From what I gather once you join a clan who has a Railjack room you will get your very own railjack(once you buy the research and build it).  But I think you will work towards upgrades for the railjacks as a whole clan.   So when your clan earns a tier 2 gun, then you can use the tier 2 gun on your railjack (as an example).   It definately NOT just your clan's Railjack.  

During battles there are 3-4 positions to man on the railjack.   If your are doing it solo you get some npc helpers.   But you have the pilot, 2 gunners,  1 engine guy that controls the flow of power to the different systems?  At a certain point 2-3 of your peeps break off and take to space in their archwings to get to the opposing vessel.   1-2 guys stay behind to continue fighting to defend your ship, keep space clear, make other ship vunerale, maybe do the final death shot to enemy ship once the boarding team cripples it?? 

i'd love orbiter level combat but orbiters are probably meant to be small, stealthy, insertion vehicles.  Not open space combat.   

But who knows what might happen once railjack releases!!