Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venetian Carnival Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

NAKAK

:lotus:I love the nights on Cetus. They are full of lights and color. The hunters are here, illuminating with their presence and excitement. I was feeling so happy full of life, until one night… there where nothingness, sadness. I asked Konzu to tell me what had happened and he told me the story of The Orokin Margulis, The Sentient Natah and the story of The Sacrificing Lotus. Then suddenly I knew my purpose in that story, I had to create a mask, mask different from everything I had already created, a mask to cure the Tenno heart.   

Of course you can imagine that everyone on Cetus liked my idea and willingly helped me with everything they could, after all it was for our beloved Tenno. Quill Onkko ask some of the Tenno to bring to him peaces of the old sentient remnants, from the plains, suppose for 'new amp' he was working on. The old man Suumbaat collect orokin fragments form all ostrons. Fisher Hai-Lok refined beautifully some of the Cuthol tentacles she had and Hok, he of course helped me to assemble all together, he is truly very skillful. I carved and painted, sewed and bend until it was finally finished.

I don’t know what mask was that, I called it the LOTUS WISP.

Was it a SYMBOL, that now they are strong enough and they are the ones that need to take care of each other. The role of the Lotus, that Others before them embraced, was their own to carry now?

Was it ACCEPTANCE, that their love accept and understand what She's in Her core, but that won't change their devotion and hopes?

Or was it a BEACON to illuminate and remind Her, that where we come from, does not defined us, only our actions does. To use that mask,next time they meet to remind her of who She really is…

The answer lies in the Tenno hearts, I just wanted to give something from me to our saviors!:lotus:

Venetian-mask-contest5fin.jpg

Edited by HUMERONYMUS
  • Like 19

My 12yr old daughter wanted me to submit one her drawings for this contest. She doesn’t play but knows how much her Dad enjoys Warframe.

Her idea is a storm mask. Rain pouring down the cheeks, a pulsing lightning bolt down the center of the forehead. Clouds either coming off the top or maybe passing over the surface of the mask. 

Https://imgur.com/ogkEuSs

• Like 1

2e7MxK9.jpgMy entry! Idea being a Revenant/Ostron inspired, considering it is going to be sold at Nakak's! The sentient mist being animated much like Revenant's beard, with flow-y ribbons! The base of the mask being made out of Sentient bones, with some red Ostron markings that compliment the ribbons. Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed working on it ❤️

• Like 4

xgZrgBZ.png6GSQqa9.jpgI took pictures with my phone of objects in Cetus and created(on my phone) a Harlequin/prime mirage’ish mask. 

Made from:

-Two parts of an Ostron hat

-Two Ostron beard ornaments 

-Two turquoise glass/stones from a wind chime”ish” thing

-A blue or white kintsugi bowl.

The Ostrons love reusing what still has use. A broken hat, some stones and a shattered bowl becomes a mask adorned by the celebrating.  

That’s what inspired the design.

-techspy

Edited by (PS4)techspy
I made an actual drawing insted of a Crop-edit without really changing anything with the design
  • Like 1

FBk3OPd.jpg

Twilight Mask
"This mask is for you, Tenno. Take it to keep part of Cetus with you. Through stars and dreams, it will help you soar. Maybe I'll be a dreamer too, someday."

A mask representing not only the Tenno but their connection to Cetus. The eyes of the mask glow during the night cycle on Cetus, regardless of where you are.

Edited by Cranbert
  • Like 7

WTZYGIr.png

Vomvalyst Mask:
"A creepy mask constructed from the remains of a dead Vomvalyst."

I thought it would be cool to have a Vomvalyst mask because they are creepy!

Disclaimer:
I am aware there's another Vomvalyst post. But I already spent my week making this one so I wanted to post it anyway.

Edited by KensingtonSka
I didn't realise Ctrl+Enter was the shortcut for 'Submit Post'
  • Like 5

On 2019-02-15 at 6:10 PM, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

Is digital art ok? I’m not.. good at sculpting haha. 

Also, does the mask have to be based after factions/characters in warframe or can it be based after things outside of the game?

NiCe 1 don't have a clue about whatever but if I can put NOTTING HILL off the biG C then hope is with me

tumblr_pnaex9xqWa1vuxy5x_1280.pnjhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Rff0Q2PmfmaKqk_7UaQtqFVoW41KMQO/view?usp=drivesdk

this is my contribution. the mask is made really rough with cheap materials of the creatures of cetus. so nakak can make a lot of them in no time for all tenno.^^

the shape is the ostron sigil.

had a lot of fun to do this. thx for the contest.

Edited by (XB1)Dionysos 69
insert image

2048fb1646b5471e9bc5d74c281623f5.png

Just ignore the bad drawing... Also the face beneath the colors is for a reference when I was drawing. 

Now some explanation about the looks: The gold is supposed to be metal-like material (accents). The blue is energy partially flowing out or shining very bright (energy). The big blank areas are divided into 2 parts: the chin (secondary) and the face (primary).

Now, as Nakak mostly makes his masks on his own, this orokin inspired mask does not fit in. I have found a solution. He looked at some of the orokin artifacts with this gold and white stuff and the weird energy glow and wanted to create it himself. He has found a way to make it easier: he just forms a basic mask like normal, layers it with white and then sticks the gold on top. The glow is from other artifacts which he placed at certain areas. 

(This explanation is to make it possible for this mask to exist in his hands avaible for multiple people and not that there is only one of its kind. It also explains that the mask is in layers, so the gold is on top of the white with the energy put in the dents of the gold so that it is about the same "height" as the white areas.

Note: this is a very basic shape mask. I know. Of course, the designers can add some more details in the golden extensions if it improves the mask, they are the experts after all. But, the glowing energy flows around the mask from all lights (and maybe some more around it) is also supposed to be clearly visible and flow up moving like smoke would do. So it would be moving around on its own and not be a static thing stuck to your mask as if solid.

Mask name: Orokin Mas

Mask description:

“Put together from recycled Orokin parts, this mask shows both strength and nobility a tenno should have.”

If anything is not clear or there are any questions just message me.

Edited by PapaErdogan

52384544_406967039875195_418526867729940

Theres my sketch, based on a fusion of orokin and infestation, the inspirations is the tower of Unum and it hole mistery, maybe theres a ton of vault in there maybe some of them guards things like this.......i even come with a codex intro :,3

12 hours ago, KensingtonSka said:

WTZYGIr.png

Vomvalyst Mask:
"A creepy mask constructed from the remains of a dead Vomvalyst."

I thought it would be cool to have a Vomvalyst mask because they are creepy!

Disclaimer:
I am aware there's another Vomvalyst post. But I already spent my week making this one so I wanted to post it anyway.

DUDE, I made that other Vomvalyst mask but don't worry, yours looks stunning! The half-face look works very well, and the colors are GORGEOUS! I love the Vomvalysts and I'm glad someone else does too : D good luck!!!!