Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venetian Carnival Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

tumblr_pne7zaZNAA1r76p9o_1280.jpg

So! Nice little mask based off of the story of the Thousand Year Fish. The central eye/mask eyeholes are obviously based around tralok eyes, and then the two secondary eyes are based off of Sol and Lua. (In case of bad drawing skills- Sol is roughly along the brow line, while Lua sits on the outside of the lower ocular orbit of your skull.) This is the basic mask, with the set colors- a bit of gold and some inset iradite, plus condroc feathers crowning the vague representation of the Unum and her Tower.

tumblr_pne7za4JdM1r76p9o_1280.jpg

This is a basic color test, trying to keep in mind how the colors will be set off of primary, secondary, tertiary, and accent color! I'm really sad I couldn't include dust on the wind, because that is absolutely one of my favorite lines- "a body turned to dust turned to motes on a careless wind." But that isn't an easy visual to depict clearly 😞

Everyone has such lovely masks so far, best of luck to you all!

On 2019-02-15 at 9:19 PM, LordBakal said:

Greetings. This is my first time doing something for an online contest. My husband loves birbs (as do I), so I was motivated to see this mask on his operator and my operator.

condropon-concurso2019-byLordBakal.png

Name of the item: Condropon

If this one doesn't win I'm deleting my account. Even though I'm sad because I had this idea, it's so good that I want it to win!

I said let it be, because I can. I don't think it will win, but why not? :D

So, what is hiding under your broken mask, Tenno?

Name of the Item: Ancient broken Mask (yep,my ideas are over).

11c5ed68166f.jpg

Edited by Ginren
  • Like 3

99CdJR3.jpg

Here's my design, I call it "The Venetian Lotus."

I figured it would be cool to have more Venetian influence on the mask itself as well as to use Lotus since she's so iconic. And then, since I figured it would go into Nakak’s shop, it would be made mostly in the same material as the other ones (the bumpy, papery texture). The face has tinted glass on the cheeks and I figured the back tubing could be fabric or scrap rubber tubing, something that could be easily found by the Ostron. 

But yeah~ So happy carnival everyone! 😄

rmclYVR.png

I created this mask, well some can argue it's a helmet, but I was trying to make a mask with a "cowl". Please excuse my horrible handwriting, how large the image is, and that horrible side view. But this is my original sketch of a , Nomadic, Arabic, Venetian, Ostron style. I felt like the Ostron people looked almost like desert Arabic nomads, so I took elements like cowls and wrapping from traditional desert wear and mixed it with what I felt was Ostron style. I also used the lower humanoid part of the mas to make it feel distinctly Venetian in nature, like a hidden identity masquerade. The colors I just threw on there haphazardly,  I hope the concept comes across though. Lemme know what you think.

• Like 4

I started a concept when I saw the contest start, but I thought it would be fun to 3D sculpt and texture a mask as well... So after a long week, today is the day I finally got it uploaded onto ArtStation! I chose to design a Kavat operator mask although I am sure I'm not the only one who wanted an animal mask, hehe. Thanks for the challenge DE!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KaEJ4X

karenna-cambridge-kavat-mask-high.jpg?15

• Like 4

My design took inspiration from Kitsune Masks that I have seen online, and I applied that to one of my favorite in-game animals, namely, the Stover. I enjoy hunting in the Orb Vallis, and was surprised the first time that I was attacked by a stover, as I had never hunted something in-game that would "fight back" upon seeing my warframe.  Stovers are also, in my opinion, sort of terrifying looking. (Although to be honest I'd say it's a close tie between them and the kubrodon, seriously, watch how they walk.) I can only imagine the fear the glowing eyes of the mask would instill into our enemies.  Furthermore, the Fire-veined Stover is kind of awesome looking because it has six glowing eyes and a wild mane of fur and sometimes a beard. The name of the mask is actually a reference to both something The Biz says when you first encounter a Fire-veined Stover, and the specific animal itself.

The mask itself is "made" of wood, with the fur/hair of a Stover (or several, I mean..it's not like we could just give one a buzzcut, right?) woven into long strands and formed into a set of war locks. Woven string and the locks of hair are attached to the inside portions of the mask, specifically to the ears and the jaw line. And finally, metallic rings are attached to the locks of "hair" to increase aesthetic value as well as to keep the fur from shedding or getting caught on things while out on the plains.

VwsuUBa.png

• Like 6