Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna open world 12 man trials

Midas

I feel with Fortuna all I am doing is grinding Bounties, standing, and doing the orbs thats it. The world itself is massive! Fortuna is full of awesome places to go to, why not turn it into a 12 man trial where you have to split into teams of 6 to complete certain objectives at the same time! Lets say a team of 6 fails to complete their objective, this would hold back the other 6 man team from moving on as well.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

PoE with Ghouls or Infested: "I cant be at peace with those things attacking me!"

To be fair part of the issue there is that they seem to be able to find you even if you're running in stealth using ivara.  I've literally been trying to fish on PoE, while invisible in ivara, and then the next thing I know I'm being swarmed by infested who are just 'there' lol

why exactly do you think add more Players will mean you aren't just "grinding the same thing over and over"?
infact, the more Players you add, the more the game will go that direction. one extra Player by far, far, far outperforms the extra Enemies that you would get in result in an Endless Mission or Et Cetera.

so, if you have 12 Players, any Enemy will be completely irrelevant. the only Enemy that would be, is a really boringly designed """Boss""" that you just stand around waiting for timers and other gating to be able to oneshot.

this does not sound any better than how you describe the game currently.

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

In all honesty fortuna has EXACTLY the same issue that PoE has... it's pretty lifeless between the bases.

i like that contrast, personally. there is both high and low intensity, and further increased by the Wanted Level. a lot of contrast that makes the Landscape feel more like a real place where things are happening than a box for Enemies to Spawn inside of.

Edited by taiiat

56 minutes ago, taiiat said:

this does not sound any better than how you describe the game currently.

i like that contrast, personally. there is both high and low intensity, and further increased by the Wanted Level. a lot of contrast that makes the Landscape feel more like a real place where things are happening than a box for Enemies to Spawn inside of.

The 'wanted level' alert is a plus for fortuna but it still doesn't stop the map from feeling empty.  It's considerably bigger than PoE but it feels just as empty, even just having animals randomly wandering around would have added 'life' to fortuna (which is supposed to be teaming with life now the orokin machines are working) but they only spawn after you've found some poop. 

The terrain doesn't help either, it's very 'travel this route' approach to the design, primarily for k-drive usage but using k-drives just makes it take longer to get between locations, with very little happening between said locations unless you've triggered an alert.. that.doesn't help with the 'it feels empty' vibe.

24 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

The 'wanted level' alert is a plus for fortuna but it still doesn't stop the map from feeling empty.  It's considerably bigger than PoE but it feels just as empty, even just having animals randomly wandering around would have added 'life' to fortuna (which is supposed to be teaming with life now the orokin machines are working) but they only spawn after you've found some poop. 

it's true, that i dislike that Hunting and Fishing are in a completely different dimension from the 'normal' game. and have been griping about the missed opportunity for organic experiences where someone is doing __ thing and happens to stumble upon a rare Fish/Animal and has that ! moment.

i still like the environment all the same, but i am a total nerd when it comes to Environment/Level Design. 
i'm definitely one in possibly a minority that really appreciates when games know when to make a ruckus, and know that sometimes there's a good reason to keep quiet. other people may be looking for something else in their games.