The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any pro-tips for focus farming, please?

Flavor-Savior

Hey folks, so I've been playing for approximately 9 months and am bordering on MR18, and I'm considering spending some extra time to flesh out my operator. Naturally I'm already well into the Zenurik tree with a maxed out energy dash, which some of my more experienced Discord friends assure me is more than enough, and the rest of the Focus system is not worth bothering with. While this may very well be the case, I feel like I would be neglecting half of my character if I kept ignoring the squishy space cadet. If there is a visible skill tree, I am compelled to fill the nodes.

I consulted some of the numbers on the wiki and my eyes bulged. I purchased an affinity booster and did a couple of pub ESO runs and on the best one I was getting roughly 40k focus for six or seven waves. Considering my daily cap is around 200k and it costs a million to unbind one skill, this was a little disappointing. I burned some of my spare eidolon shards and managed to unbind one skill from Madurai, but I don't enjoy the systems around Eidolon hunts. Having to coordinate in public groups is nightmarish, and I'm not a fan of setting a clock around in-game instances. (Two hours of wait time for one lousy set of tridolons, seriously? Why do people even bother?)

Are ESO runs really the most efficient method for focus farming? Can I increase my gains somehow? Am I going to have to craft eidolon lenses for all of my equipment every time I want to start branching out into a new school? My squad-mates consistently start dropping out before we even reach the fourth wave, what's the deal? Was it something I said?

Edited by FlavorSavior

ESO is, I think, the most efficient way. If you have a Smeeta kavat, or can make one, then I'd say do that; the doubling charm will help a lot.

Personally, I prefer the solo method. Build Equinox for range and efficiency, get your mitts on Calm and Frenzy. Also, make sure you've got a long, hard hitting melee- I'd recommend Orthos Prime or Cassowar- and again, a lucky Smeeta is going to help a lot. Then head to Pallas on Ceres and give your 2 key a workout. Especially given that your cap is around 200k, you should be able to hit your ceiling in just a few runs with a booster.

And as much as you might not dig them, keep Eidolon hunts in mind. The focus you get from shards is independent of your daily cap.

Edited by XRosenkreuz

In general gameplay i use zenurik (90% of the time), vazarin if i want to be sure some mission objective doesnt die or naramon for that +45% bonus exp for melee kills when i lvl up stuff. Id focus on those.

Theres alos unairu/mandurai but its only rly useful on eidolons but i maxed out all my focus trees thanks to them. I was farming all the arcanes there and kinda passively gained focus via eidolon shards so imo tahts the best way possible. Simpy find 3 or more experienced guys and add them to you eidolon hunting firend list. Doing 5 or even 6 trio isnt a big deal that way.

Afair doing 5x3 can provide like 500k or more standing in just 50 min, and you can do it multiple times during a day

Edited by Raskolnikow

20 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

ESO is, I think, the most efficient way. If you have a Smeeta kavat, or can make one, then I'd say do that; the doubling charm will help a lot.

Personally, I prefer the solo method. Build Equinox for range and efficiency, get your mitts on Calm and Frenzy. Also, make sure you've got a long, hard hitting melee- I'd recommend Orthos Prime or Cassowar- and again, a lucky Smeeta is going to help a lot. Then head to Pallas on Ceres and give your 2 key a workout. Especially given that your cap is around 200k, you should be able to hit your ceiling in just a few runs with a booster.

And as much as you might not dig them, keep Eidolon hunts in mind. The focus you get from shards is independent of your daily cap.

Oh, I wasn't aware that Smeeta's Charm worked on focus gain, thanks kindly for the tip! I don't have an Equinox yet, but I suppose I ought to get one. Very much obliged.

14 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

In general gameplay i use zenurik (90% of the time), vazarin if i want to be sure some mission objective doesnt die or naramon for that +45% bonus exp for melee kills when i lvl up stuff. Id focus on those.

Theres alos unairu/mandurai but its only rly useful on eidolons but i maxed out all my focus trees thanks to them. I was farming all the arcanes there and kinda passively gained focus via eidolon shards so imo tahts the best way possible. Simpy find 3 or more experienced guys and add them to you eidolon hunting firend list. Doing 5 or even 6 trio isnt a big deal that way.

Afair doing 5x3 can provide like 500k or more standing in just 50 min, and you can do it multiple times during a day

Appreciate the advice, but I really don't want to get into "serious" eidolon hunting. I can just barely scrape by and kill one set per night with an extra tera when I'm working with friends, I can't imagine doing five full sets. Career eidolon hunters will just get cranky about team composition and insist that I play something meta, and then moan that my build isn't as minmaxed as they would prefer. That's really not my scene.

44 minutes ago, FlavorSavior said:

Considering my daily cap is around 200k and it costs a million to unbind one skill, this was a little disappointing.

Story of my life 😞

45 minutes ago, FlavorSavior said:

. I burned some of my spare eidolon shards and managed to unbind one skill from Madurai, but I don't enjoy the systems around Eidolon hunts

Me too.... But that is the best way to earn Focus.... especially once you've solved your issue of hitting your Daily Cap... you can get by by just capturing 4 Terralyst every night cycle (Every Other Hour) and that will net you 4 Brilliant Eidolon Shards worth 25 000 Focus each... so thats 100 000 Focus per hunt. 

52 minutes ago, FlavorSavior said:

(Two hours of wait time for one lousy set of tridolons, seriously? Why do people even bother?)

Because we are Desperate and Spineless.  😞

53 minutes ago, FlavorSavior said:

Are ESO runs really the most efficient method for focus farming?

Outside of Hunting... yep... but I never bothered.... the process of Doing ESO is super tedious. 

56 minutes ago, FlavorSavior said:

Am I going to have to craft eidolon lenses for all of my equipment every time I want to start branching out into a new school?

LoL... Yep... or you can do what I did... crafted 10 lenses for 3 Different Builds all of them specifically for Farming Focus. 

Unless theres some sort of Lense Converter I don't know about.

59 minutes ago, FlavorSavior said:

My squad-mates consistently start dropping out before we even reach the fourth wave, what's the deal? Was it something I said?

I don't know about them but I have a crappy Rig...if there's a lengthy hitch then it will disconnect me from everyone. Which is why I never host...

46 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Theres alos unairu/mandurai but its only rly useful on eidolons but i maxed out all my focus trees thanks to them.

These would have potential if Zenurik wasn't so Necessary. 

32 minutes ago, FlavorSavior said:

Appreciate the advice, but I really don't want to get into "serious" eidolon hunting. I can just barely scrape by and kill one set per night with an extra tera when I'm working with friends, I can't imagine doing five full sets. Career eidolon hunters will just get cranky about team composition and insist that I play something meta, and then moan that my build isn't as minmaxed as they would prefer. That's really not my scene.

I did most of my hunts with Octavia as dps

Everyone was like "wtf mate? why u no chroma" but they would shut up when they saw that shes not (much) worse than him XD

Eventually found few guys that we used to do hunts almost every night so doing 5x3 was totally chill (nobody was toxic even when it wasnt going too smooth)

Well in that case u just have to run ESO over and over again doing your daily cap

Edited by Raskolnikow

If you don't want to do Tridolons, then stealth Adaro runs seem to be the fastest method by far. If you've got a weapon that can quickly demolish groups of nearby enemies, then Savage Silence Banshee is probably your best option.

If you want to stealth-level some weapons, or if you don't have SS Banshee, then there are other frame options that you'll find handy. Equinox is the most popular, but she's not the most ideal by a long shot.

latest?cb=20141124023302

latest?cb=20171007153345

shh-dont-tell-sm11.jpg

33 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I should make that build... its all about the Amp right ? Max Strength ? 

oct.jpg

Ye, throw her Amp, stand in it and just shoot. No need for that stupid self dmg crap, eidolon is pretty noisy so its at max strength all the time. Its not even minmaxed and still works perfect. You could try to improve it with another arcane avanger, more strength less efficiency and dead eye (didnt want to change polarity tho cause of other builds)

you can also try her metronome for that additional MS but i found it hard to perform and there wasnt rly need for it

Edited by Raskolnikow
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

If you don't want to do Tridolons, then stealth Adaro runs seem to be the fastest method by far. If you've got a weapon that can quickly demolish groups of nearby enemies, then Savage Silence Banshee is probably your best option.

If you want to stealth-level some weapons, or if you don't have SS Banshee, then there are other frame options that you'll find handy. Equinox is the most popular, but she's not the most ideal by a long shot.

Thanks for the tip, that sounds doable! I tend to be more of a solo guy anyway, so will have to experiment with this.

6 hours ago, Raskolnikow said:

oct.jpg

Ye, throw her Amp, stand in it and just shoot. No need for that stupid self dmg crap, eidolon is pretty noisy so its at max strength all the time. Its not even minmaxed and still works perfect. You could try to improve it with another arcane avanger, more strength less efficiency and dead eye (didnt want to change polarity tho cause of other builds)

you can also try her metronome for that additional MS but i found it hard to perform and there wasnt rly need for it

You can get a beam secondary and spam fire for that multishot

Bind firing to a keyboard press if you don't want to destroy your mouse. (I have bad mouse)

I usually get 40k at least with Equinox + Orthos P, no booster, in Adaro Sedna. I think I had a greater lens on the Orthos. 

E: sometimes I get less than 40k if it's a messy run. Watch out for bombards.

Edited by Leafcoin

Eidolon hunts. A 3x3 tridolon hunt will grant you around 450k focus points (in Eidolon Shards). No daily limit. Plus you get 9 random arcanes. 

Best part, its not as a mind numbing as those endless brainless ESO runs. You get a real feeling of reward after a successful triodolon

Edited by OminousVortex

2 hours ago, OminousVortex said:

Eidolon hunts. A 3x3 tridolon hunt will grant you around 450k focus points (in Eidolon Shards). No daily limit. Plus you get 9 random arcanes. 

Best part, its not as a mind numbing as those endless brainless ESO runs. You get a real feeling of reward after a successful triodolon

This. 

Equinox method is boring to the point of insanity, and ESO.....we'll leave that alone....

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught while having as many Focus lenses equipped, regardless of their lens tier (basic, greater, or Eidolon, that is) or Eidolon hunts as often as you feel like it or can.

Do also consider fighting Orb mothers on occasion for the Vox Sol reputation for the amp parts and Operator arcanes they offer.

17 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

What he said.