Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confused about nightwave/alerts

Concrucio

Ok like I said I’m confused. 

Immkinda new, MR 8 I think. Have 11 frames. Probably spend $25 a month on the 50% plat. 

Been playing since November. I finished the sacrifice and my playtime is 100% solo. 

90% of my playtime is alerts. I do the weekly Maroo thing, and sometimes the void relics. But mostly alerts. 

I feel  like I am missing something because I logged in today with alerts gone. I looked at the radio menu thing and have zero idea what I’m supposed to do now?   

I mean I guess the 3 capture thing, or the kill 500 thing is simIlar to alerts. But I’m at a loss. 

What is is there now, these weeklies for a currency I don’t care about? I guess the umbra thing is cool. 

Burni iust don’t get it. I would log in here or there through for a day and hang out alerts and now they are gone. It feels like this game I have been investing time and money into has been taken from me. 

I get that it probably sounds dramatic. It just sucks is all. But I see that other people are stoked about the update. 

So can someone explain what exactly I’m missing? I see people talking about now they can get nitains. That’s cool and all. Maybe I’m not far enough into the game to care about that. But for a casual like me, is there another play route I can grind?

Or is my option just to pick a random mission on a random planet and just do my own alerts. 

Anyway thanks. And I hope there are others that don’t feel like their game is broken. I’m  probably just missing something. 

• Like 6

Honestly now that I see it's logging in every day to repeat tasks for a new standing, I am not interested. I left warframe because I was tired of farming standing. I thought this would feel more meaningful in small sessions. i thought it would bring surprises and make me feel engaged.

Edited by Redfeather75
  • Like 11

kinda sad a potentially kickass new event just turns out to be another syndicate type rep grind, suppose theres rewards in there for newer players, alt helms, auras etc, some armor bling near the end, but really its just us doing our usual thing and usual missions in what feels like an extended sortie 😞

New players must be wondering wth is going on seeing MR 20-25+ players in the rank0 cetus bountys bombing around in archwings and clearing up most missions b4 those new players can even reach the waypoints.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Concrucio said:

Or is my option just to pick a random mission on a random planet and just do my own alerts. 

Basically.

You have what is essentially daily and weekly achievements. For a block of time, several months, you gain credit for those achievements and spend the currency on what was random alert rewards, plus new things like Umbra Forma and cosmetics.

Instead of waiting for a specific Alert at a random time, you can now get what you want.

What I can't figure out is - during one mission, I kept on seeing "+50 Nightwave Standing" popups.

I don't know why - what was going on?  I got 150 standing for...  ??????

Only one mission - it happened to be one where I was making progress towards "9 invasion missions" - but only once out of 6 invasion missions.

Where did I get that random Nightwave standing from?

Edited by (PS4)Entropy512

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Entropy512 said:

What I can't figure out is - during one mission, I kept on seeing "+50 Nightwave Standing" popups.

I don't know why - what was going on?  I got 150 standing for...  ??????

Only one mission - it happened to be one where I was making progress towards "9 invasion missions" - but only once out of 6 invasion missions.

Where did I get that random Nightwave standing from?

Sometimes you get 3 "fugitives" spawning in the mission.

You kill'em, they fall like a capture target, you succ them you get points.

They are made out of wet paper, so it's no wonder you might have missed them.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

Sometimes you get 3 "fugitives" spawning in the mission.

You kill'em, they fall like a capture target, you succ them you get points.

They are made out of wet paper, so it's no wonder you might have missed them.

Nice of them to...  not mention this in the patch notes at all.

PS4 patch notes reference a "general" announcement.

The "general" announcement references a dev workshop and platform-specific announcements (such as the one that referenced it with no additional platform-specific details).

The dev workshop mentions nothing about these "fugitives" anywhere, and neither does the Nightwave "lore broadcast".

• 1 month later...

no one really answered the posts questions, neither can I. I too, was also confused, the update seems cool, but I also liked logging in a being able to make a PUG easily and play together easily with other players. Ever since Nightwave, I have not been able to make a planet group, except for one of the open planets. I really liked the ease of group making with alerts. If DE could find a way to mix alerts with Nightwave, that would be awesome.no one really answered the posts questions, neither can I. I too, was also confused, the update seems cool, but I also liked logging in a being able to make a PUG easily and play together easily with other players. Ever since Nightwave, I have not been able to make a planet group, except for one of the open planets. I really liked the ease of group making with alerts. If DE could find a way to mix alerts with Nightwave, that would be awesome.

Also, another effect of this change, it now feels much harder to complete my star chart, I see hardly anyone queuing for planets.

Edited by (PS4)slainz