Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

60 Minute Kuva With No Life - RNG is an issue

As always, good job DE, I love this game, it's great, and you're showing us promise.
But you need to realize, that RNG isn't a "challenge" and rather, it's a waste of everybody's time.

I didn't create this post to get ideas, there's nothing else to try. The issue is wholly, factually, RNG-based. This is a feedback section of the forums, not discussion or suggestion.

I've ran this challenge several times now.....some people have no issue, some do. We do (my squad(s))

Even trying different builds, frame combo's, doing everything literally perfectly and properly (please don't ask "did you do this or that? Yes, we did. The answer is already yes, there's nothing left to do or try) we could only get to at most 45 minutes before RNG screwed us over by stopping dropping life from enemies often enough.

We normally stop getting enough life before 25 minutes because of RNG. Yes, even with despoil nekros and pilfer hydroid and literally every other possible "proper" thing to try.

I didn't create this post to get ideas, there's nothing else to try. The issue is wholly, factually, RNG-based. This is a feedback section of the forums, not discussion or suggestion.

I know you want the tasks to be a challenge.....but RNG isn't that. Not even close. It's just an annoying waste of everyone's time. No challenge at all.

Can this please get reworked, changed, or increase the drop chance of life from enemies? I'm tired of wasting time on this game because of stuff like this. You rely way too hard on RNG for everything.

Of course, I'm still going to suffer and play the game because let's face it, it's effing amazing lol. Great game, very fun.

Edited by IllogicalLogic420
  • Like 1

If you aren't getting enough lifesupport drops then you then to kill faster, not add a hydroid. Kills per second is the most important thing for longer survival runs. Also, doing kuva survival (using the modifications on the towers) doesn't count as 'using' the tower itself. 

15 minutes ago, moooooski said:

go nekros

We did. Please reread the post. We tried the best methods possible.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Moosegomoo said:

If you aren't getting enough lifesupport drops then you then to kill faster, not add a hydroid. Kills per second is the most important thing for longer survival runs. Also, doing kuva survival (using the modifications on the towers) doesn't count as 'using' the tower itself. 

Can't kill any faster than what we were. Game won't allow it. Tried other frame combos including Saryn prime and other nukers.

Also, the harvesters only help for so long before RNG royally screws people over.

I appreciate you all trying to help though. But please read the post next time. ❤️ i have to admit it's very annoying when people do what is being done here.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Moosegomoo said:

... Really? You must just be incredibly unlucky then. I've never had an issue with longer survivals even when I solo.

Yeah, normally the only issue I have solo is the enemies not spawning enough for the first 10 minutes, after that it's no problem.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Moosegomoo said:

... Really? You must just be incredibly unlucky then. I've never had an issue with longer survivals even when I solo.

Yup. Our luck is piss poor unfortunately. Good thing we only need 65% of nightwave tasks so I'm about to just say "screw this" and do the other ones.

Just now, TheGrimCorsair said:

Sounds like your Saryn/nukers were killing too slowly or pushing spawns back too far for the Nekros to Desecrate corpses.

Speaking of Desecrate, your Nekros knows they need to turn it on, and then re-up it if it gets turned off at any point, right?

Yes, lol. I went from being annoyed to having to laugh now. That's good I guess. And each run was very controlled to avoid issue like what you mentioned. It really was just bad luck, which sheds light on the major issue of the entire game: it relies too heavily on RNG.

3 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Yes, lol. I went from being annoyed to having to laugh now. That's good I guess. And each run was very controlled to avoid issue like what you mentioned. It really was just bad luck, which sheds light on the major issue of the entire game: it relies too heavily on RNG.

Nah, it doesn't.

Anyways, you can miss 13k rep a week and still hit the cap at the end of first series, so you may as well just take the long view, relax, and skip the odd headache challenge here and there.

4 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Nah, it doesn't.

Anyways, you can miss 13k rep a week and still hit the cap at the end of first series, so you may as well just take the long view, relax, and skip the odd headache challenge here and there.

Um....yes, it does, thats why everyone complains about it. This game factually relies too heavily on RNG, that cannot be argued. But let's just agree to disagree because you're not going to change my mind. I have more than enough valid reasons for my stance on this.

9 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

This game factually relies too heavily on RNG, that cannot be argued.

Let me start by saying that I personally also wish RNG was used less in Warframe, but it CAN be argued that it doesn't rely too much on RNG.  Some people prefer random aspects of game design because it allows for different scenarios that a player has to overcome (Using TCG as an example, having to understand all possible card synergies and making the most of what you're given) or it makes things more interesting for a spectator since things don't play out the exact same way each time.  It can be frustrating when RNG is not in your favour or you perceive that you have no control in the outcome of things, but I think you are confusing your personal opinion being fact with something that actually IS subjective.

5 hours ago, Starfreak911 said:

Let me start by saying that I personally also wish RNG was used less in Warframe, but it CAN be argued that it doesn't rely too much on RNG.  Some people prefer random aspects of game design because it allows for different scenarios that a player has to overcome (Using TCG as an example, having to understand all possible card synergies and making the most of what you're given) or it makes things more interesting for a spectator since things don't play out the exact same way each time.  It can be frustrating when RNG is not in your favour or you perceive that you have no control in the outcome of things, but I think you are confusing your personal opinion being fact with something that actually IS subjective.

Fair point. I should've made myself more clear I suppose. I think RNG is a wonderful and maybe even necessary part of any game, but within reason and limits :)

A few people that I watch streams of tend to favor the kuva missions and they usually do 30 minutes at a time.  They pretty much harvest with every single tower.  A couple of them have attempted record runs in separate groups.  Harvest only for the first 90 minutes roughly.  It isn't rng that gets people to 60 minutes without life support.  It seems to be a fluke that you and your team didn't get there.

There may be something affecting spawn rate, like connection latency or bandwidth, or the performance of the host machine. Sometimes, spawns can be incredibly slow. Normally, however, they aren't.

There's certainly too much RNG in WF missions and mechanics, but this is a problem with online games in general, because nobody has worked out a better solution to things.

Le 05/03/2019 à 03:39, moooooski a dit :

go nekros

No one needs Nekros here. I tried this mission once with my wife only and she was playing Nekros cause we really thought we needed that extra oxygen. But truth is that Nekros just sucks at killing, especially when you're facing lvl 160 eximus Grineers. 

The only thing to do is to kill A LOT of enemies and the fastest is the best. Then you'll have plenty of oxygen. The second run we did was with Saryn and Gara only, enemies didn't stand a chance, we did have plenty of energy orbs, a lure, a protective area to stay safe and enemies armor wasn't much of an issue. Gara is literally the best frame around to run into scaling enemies and kill them in a sec cause her 2th is scaling too...

We never went under 40-50 oxygen without a Nekros/Hydroid and since i can't stand anymore how most people are playing survival i'm pretty sure they have trouble managing oxygen only because they are messing up with enemies spawn. If you stay in the same tile set and choose it wisely, there's absolutely no spawn issue.

People are running around like scared rabbits, that's the survival oxygen main issue.

Edited by 000l000

idk I don't usually see problems with oxygen level in kuva survival as long as there's one decent nekros and myself, even if it's duos. Saryn is for sweeping enemies and is adequate, and for nekros, pack amprex or catchmoon. Even just using rhino+nekros with sobeks is probably going to turn out fine tbqh, especially if you have two cp pubs to remove armor.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

I've done this now, but air module RNG nearly screwed us over (insuficient enemies were spawning at the same time) and one player afk (bathroom break) for a couple of mins also nearly failed it.

Overall this week was even worse than last week. High time sink and too many of one thing for a task. Ie. the 60 mins or the 10 perfect captures (still buggy) and requiring 'friends' to be added instead of just in coop 😠.

As battlepass challenges go, this appears this most time wasting.