Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Mobile Defense The Worst Mission Type And Should Be Get Rid Of?

justin0620

I don't know have anyone brought this up before, but like the title said I reckon it is the worst mission type out there.

It is not an endless mission which means it is not good for rewards in a loot shooter game (ok, I know there are capture missions but those are quick and good for opening relics). It can't be accelerate which means no matter how skillful you are you can't finish the mission faster. I just don't understand the design principle of this mission type.

It just gives me a headache when I need to do a radshare over there.

I don't think every mission needs to be Endless. If you want to do more just run it again.

Reset/rematch also saves the heartache of squad members dropping out after a few waves and not being replaced.

Not being able to speedrun isn't exclusive to Mobile Defense, Most mission types in Warframe can't be rushed

Interception, has a set timer to decode the message, it can go slower if you fail to capture all 4, but never faster

Excavation, timers on drill progress, fill them with power cells but you still have to wait for them

Defection, you have to walk the vips to safety at their set pace

Survival, well, obviously you can't make the mission timer go any faster...

?Design Principal? simple endurance defense. Keep a target defended and alive for a time limit. Pretty common objective in Many Games, dunno why this confuses you...

So, yeah. Not everything in warframe is a time-trial race, lots of stuff is endurance instead.

It's the worst commonly used gametype, but not the worst overall.

Should it be removed? no, it should be reworked. The issue is the mission structure of being a series of smaller waitframe missions, which is always bad. Nobody likes waitframe. People like feeling like they're doing something, not waiting for something to happen. Waitframe needs to stop. And, sadly, that's all Mdef is? Just, 2 or 3 waitframe and then race to the finish.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

So, yeah. Not everything in warframe is a time-trial race, lots of stuff is endurance instead.

Agree what you said, but the problem is not rewarding, survival, excavation those are endless and you got something to do, pick up batteries, explore the map, etc. MobileDef you just have to wait and at least every excavator or 5 mins you got a reward.

17 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Should it be removed? no, it should be reworked. The issue is the mission structure of being a series of smaller waitframe missions, which is always bad. Nobody likes waitframe. People like feeling like they're doing something, not waiting for something to happen. Waitframe needs to stop. And, sadly, that's all Mdef is? Just, 2 or 3 waitframe and then race to the finish.

Well, that's why people watch netflix while doing thermia fracture.

No. Possibly a rework at most.

It offers a different defence experience by forcing a change-up of location every few minutes. It means a different battleground and a different combat experience repeatedly throughout the mission. Rework might involve changing up the nature of each defence location a bit more to add to variety - most being like right now but possibly involving a truncated interception, a hijack-like defence and so on. Each battlefield is different and potentially each battle itself is too.

Besides, we know what mobile defence endless looks like. It's on right now - thermal fractures.

Worst mission type? Hmm, I think in my book that would go to Defection. That is by far my least enjoyed mission type. Followed by Infested Salvage and then probably Excavation... I don't mind Mobile Defense that much, and I'd choose Mobile Defense in an instant if the choice was that or Defection...