Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit-Taker Difficulty

Sophie-Pilled

I am aware that I could come across as a cry baby, but trust me. I'm not. I'm certain many people agree Profit-Taker is torture to go through, unless you have a very specific Chroma build, and Archgun mods that you have to farm forever for. That's an issue on its own, and I'm also aware certain frames are better for others.

However, you pretty much need EXCLUSIVELY Chroma/Chroma Prime to do anything to this boss.

I've tried using replacements like Valkyr Prime, with Adaptation, maxed Steel Fiber, Rage, the whole 9. I still get wiped out by the abhorrent amounts of adds (more on that later). The most I can do is bring my best weapons, do damage during the shield phase, but mostly sit on rez duty. My best bet is to resurrect my team-mates while I hope to be put in a group with a Chroma capable of solo'ing.

Now, about the adds. They're the main problem with this fight, for three reasons:

1) They spawn in such large hordes that there is no hope of controlling them. I've tried Slowva, I've tried Saryn Prime. It doesn't work. There are too many, and the spawn in too quickly.

2) Pretty much everything there staggers you. Imagine Rollers with much more health, and guns that do S#&$ tons of damage. If you manage to notice you are actually surviving quite well, you get staggered non-stop until you die. It's total bull.

3) As I've already said, the spawnrates are crazy. But the main problem is that you can't affect the rate. Enemies will place beacons, you destroy them, whatever. Whether you destroy them or not, it doesn't matter. you'll still get hordes of enemies as if all 4 beacons were up.

Of course, this has only become a bigger issue because of this week's Nightwave. Back when it released, it didn't take long for me to get sick of all the Chroma's that let you bleed out until you have to abort, and the failed mission attempts. So I said "#*!% it. this adaptive, walking pimple doesn't give me anything worth this" and stopped trying. Even after I sank 1k+ plat buying a large portion of the stuff I would need for my Chroma. I would love this boss if it weren't so damn difficult. The main difficulty comes from the adds. Hell, DE could have just taken the orb mother out, slapped us in an arena, and called it a boss fight.

The fact that this hasn't been brought up and changed (or at least mentioned/considered) is concerning. I usually don't post these sorts of things, or go complain on the internet, but this is an exception. Of course, I'm still open to suggestions or tips that would help, but I've pretty much given up on these adds.

I'm just not going to do it. The exploiter orb was such a poorly designed and glitchy boss and I refuse to do anything remotely similar to it. It's only 5k standing and I am already rank 11 so I could not care less. De is not going to make me do this challenge.

14 minutes ago, Firebreathe90 said:

you pretty much need EXCLUSIVELY Chroma/Chroma Prime to do anything to this boss.

been soloing it with nezah for some weeks now, but no matter what you play, this fight is a pain in the butthole

• Like 2

Chroma is so very far from 'necessary' to play Profit Taker.
it's just the easiest option since Vex Armor makes you more durable so you can mostly ignore incoming attacks.

ofcourse, random people in Public Squads die as Chromas too. because it's the Player that makes the Equipment.

what generally Kills me, playing as Mirage, a massive Glass Cannon - is incoming attacks that break the laws of physics, Bugs that prevent me using some of my Weapons or taking a really long time to switch between them, being able to die in Spacekid when you don't have any Energy Drain Abilities (as of 24.x) - basically Bugs is most of my deaths.

here's.... tips on things that 90% of Players don't do that are highly obvious and the game is alerting you to during the Profit-Taker engagement....

shoot. the. Alert. Pylons.
if you don't like how many Enemies there are, don't let Pylons call in more Enemies. they only have 1000 Health, they're easy to destroy.

that's.... "the big secret", mainly.
after that, you don't need to stand directly under it or anything. that's the center of where it's AoE Blast type attacks come from anyways. you could stand somewhere else.

Edited by taiiat

22 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Chroma is so very far from 'necessary' to play Profit Taker.
it's just the easiest option since Vex Armor makes you more durable so you can mostly ignore incoming attacks.

ofcourse, random people in Public Squads die as Chromas too. because it's the Player that makes the Equipment.

what generally Kills me, playing as Mirage, a massive Glass Cannon - is incoming attacks that break the laws of physics, Bugs that prevent me using some of my Weapons or taking a really long time to switch between them, being able to die in Spacekid when you don't have any Energy Drain Abilities (as of 24.x) - basically Bugs is most of my deaths.

here's.... tips on things that 90% of Players don't do that are highly obvious and the game is alerting you to during the Profit-Taker engagement....

if you don't like how many Enemies there are, don't let Pylons call in more Enemies. they only have 1000 Health, they're easy to destroy.

that's.... "the big secret", mainly.
after that, you don't need to stand directly under it or anything. that's the center of where it's AoE Blast type attacks come from anyways. you could stand somewhere else.

Oooh a Mirage build? Do share!

32 minutes ago, BenaBean said:

I'm just not going to do it. The exploiter orb was such a poorly designed and glitchy boss and I refuse to do anything remotely similar to it.

A terrible bug on PC platform is stopping me from doing profit taker at all. No more lives left and it happens again? Forever stuck on Secondary or Unarmed.

Chroma x3 and a Oberon.

yes, this is basically the best team compisition... there are other frames that can team buff damage and heal but the effects of just these two are the absolute best. bringing anything else to a public match is effecting bringing down your team..

but then, there is the fact that this fight can be easily soloed.. in fact its so easy to solo that you can take almost any frame with some level of tanking capability. Gara, Wukong, Frost, not to mention bloody inaros... i blame stupid youtubers making inaros a popular choice to bring to a team when it is one of the worst frames for teamplay.

beyond the 2 meta frames for the fastest team runs, there is Rhino, Octavia, Nova, Trinity, and a few others.. the biggest issue with the profit taker is that it is at best just a DPS race, which severely limits the number of useful frames, and at worse a slog with a ton of adds..

you dont need damage buffs to solo PT, but you do need good, well formaed and properly modded weapons and a frame that can take a hit.

personally i think the most important frame for Profit taker is Oberon as it allows nearly any team composition.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

4 hours ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Oooh a Mirage build? Do share!

uh, i mean, it's just for Killing a singular Enemy, so it's basically just as much Strength and Duration as you can fit, with a bit of Efficiency, and then fitting as much EHP as you can without breaking that.

after that basically all there is to consider is Arcane Nullifier.
you could also use Acceleration or Avenger if you want a DPS Arcane. or Guardian to take less Damage.

Total Eclipse isn't worth bothering with outside of organized Squads because unlike Vex Armor, the sharing Range is so small that it's basically impossible to share it.
sharing Vex Armor is pretty easy (and a critical part of being optimal with Chroma for Profit-Taker - everybody doing more Damage is an important goal, because other people doing more Damage speeds it up too since you can't have all Damage Types).
though two manning it would be enough for a 'casual hardcore'. if Chroma shares Vex Armor to Mirage, then Mirage can break each Leg and the Body basically just by clicking even from Imperator. i want to say 1-2 Shots but the Rate of Fire is so high it's probably like 5 or something. either way you can basically oneshot each phase if you have double buffs.

if you can find space for it, Hall of Malevolence could be useful. just gotta remember that you have to get the 10 Kills every time the Ability expires.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Chroma x3 and a Oberon.

yes, this is basically the best team compisition... there are other frames that can team buff damage and heal but the effects of just these two are the absolute best. bringing anything else to a public match is effecting bringing down your team..

you're giving conflicting information. you talk about being optimal, then talk about unorganized Public Squads.

optimally, you stack different Damage buffing Abilities because two of the same Ability doesn't stack. and so optimally, having more than one of the same Warframe is completely pointless.
in a disorganized, Public Squad - you assume that the other 3 Players will do very little and so take whatever will be sufficient to do it yourself. 

Edited by taiiat

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

It absolutely amazes me that in almost every group I've been in the other players will completely ignore those Alert Pylons.  So much so that I've done various bounties and other missions there solo.  I found it to be much easier and more controllable overall for me by taking out the Alert Pylons as soon as they come up. 

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

It absolutely amazes me that in almost every group I've been in the other players will completely ignore those Alert Pylons.  So much so that I've done various bounties and other missions there solo.  I found it to be much easier and more controllable overall for me by taking out the Alert Pylons as soon as they come up. 

right, ignoring the pretty easy to find signposts, then expressing unhappiness about the amount and type of Enemies that Spawn.
D:

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Solo play FTW, right Dark?

The Original Poster is correct. On console here the boss fight got a stealth buff after 2 weeks. The boss and the enemies are so high in health and stun lock manuvers that people struggle to min-max the boss anymore. Even Primed Sure Foot maxed wont make the stunlocks and catapulting attacks any more interesting of a boss fight.

8 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Solo play FTW, right Dark?

Yep.  I have come to find that there are very few people I would even team up with for something like this.  I've gotten to the point where I treat all open world missions/actions the same as spy missions in regards to grouping. 😄  

30 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Yep.  I have come to find that there are very few people I would even team up with for something like this.  I've gotten to the point where I treat all open world missions/actions the same as spy missions in regards to grouping. 😄  

President_Obama_greets_Make-a-Wish_child