Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Stadia Pls

(NSW)msly07

6 minutes ago, Thelvaen_Mandel said:

Google Gaming Streaming plateform : 

Ok why didn't they cut out the 17+ minutes of waiting screen for their VOD...... thank god I naturally skip around videos I didn't even notice it was over an hour at first. 

Edit: Seems like mostly standard pitch stuff, we'll see how it materialized. Also I apologize for neglecting to thank you for the link. I was just kinda distracted by the lack of post production from a first party company. 

Edited by Oreades

12 hours ago, Oreades said:

Ok why didn't they cut out the 17+ minutes of waiting screen for their VOD...... thank god I naturally skip around videos I didn't even notice it was over an hour at first. 

Edit: Seems like mostly standard pitch stuff, we'll see how it materialized. Also I apologize for neglecting to thank you for the link. I was just kinda distracted by the lack of post production from a first party company. 

Hey,

I do not work @ Google so I don't know why they did not edit the video, it might be related to the icons being rebus of games that should be supported on start (according to rumors)?

Yeah we're lacking 1st party company production to judge this, but that might be because this conference was mainly aimed at developers and not gamers so ...

No worries for the lack of formalities, I have not really included them myself.

Regards,

I've seen some post elsewhere with users counting frames during the demo and arriving at about 700ms input latency, meaning the char stopped moving about 0.7s after the demo guy stopped pressing keys (you can try to count yourself when the guy is switching from the 1st to the 2nd platform).

Part of that latency might be related to the way the game implements physics (ie. your toon can not stop instantly).

But almost a second of latency is pretty huge and might not be working for games like Warframe, or FPS or lots of reflex based games.

Hence it will have it's uses and I'm pretty sure that some great games can be rolled out on Stadia, I'm not sure that Warframe is the best candidates.

On the Pro side, no more Potato PC hosting games, and no more S#&$ty connection with lags. If you have a S#&$ty connection, only your experience will be impacted, not the whole squad.

Also on the Pro side, an other major actor pushing on Vulkan, so at some point we might see the end of the DirectX lock on games, and easier gaming on Linux 🙂

Edited by Thelvaen_Mandel

4 hours ago, Thelvaen_Mandel said:

I've seen some post elsewhere with users counting frames during the demo and arriving at about 700ms input latency, meaning the char stopped moving about 0.7s after the demo guy stopped pressing keys (you can try to count yourself when the guy is switching from the 1st to the 2nd platform)

Assassin's creed has to be the worst game to test input lag with haha. That game has innate input lag it seems. I highly doubt that the input lag is unbearable for a normal scrub like me. There was Doom Eternal footage I saw that looked great, but I didn't see the controller being used for that.

Edited by (NSW)msly07

6 hours ago, Thelvaen_Mandel said:

I've seen some post elsewhere with users counting frames during the demo and arriving at about 700ms input latency, meaning the char stopped moving about 0.7s after the demo guy stopped pressing keys (you can try to count yourself when the guy is switching from the 1st to the 2nd platform).

Part of that latency might be related to the way the game implements physics (ie. your toon can not stop instantly).

But almost a second of latency is pretty huge and might not be working for games like Warframe, or FPS or lots of reflex based games.

Hence it will have it's uses and I'm pretty sure that some great games can be rolled out on Stadia, I'm not sure that Warframe is the best candidates.

On the Pro side, no more Potato PC hosting games, and no more S#&$ty connection with lags. If you have a S#&$ty connection, only your experience will be impacted, not the whole squad.

Also on the Pro side, an other major actor pushing on Vulkan, so at some point we might see the end of the DirectX lock on games, and easier gaming on Linux 🙂

Also, these would be in-house servers, or at the very least, some of the best available. For a regular person? Could be miles worse.

I'm not sure the internet is at a point where this can be supported TBH, so unless Google's gonna finance upgrading the hell out of it - and on a global level for those sweet, sweet foreign markets - the Quills see doom in this plan.

13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Also, these would be in-house servers, or at the very least, some of the best available. For a regular person? Could be miles worse.

I'm not sure the internet is at a point where this can be supported TBH, so unless Google's gonna finance upgrading the hell out of it - and on a global level for those sweet, sweet foreign markets - the Quills see doom in this plan.

Don't worry, Google Fiber will- oh, wait, they already mostly gave up on expanding that in 2016 because it was much too expensive and difficult to even try to get infrastructure continuing to reach individual cities, much less nationwide.

Edited by OvisCaedo

33 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Don't worry, Google Fiber will- oh, wait, they already mostly gave up on expanding that in 2016 because it was much too expensive and difficult to even try to get infrastructure continuing to reach individual cities, much less nationwide.

And even then, that was pretty much just the US.

EU or other territories? Other markets?

They ain't getting that.