Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Changes Discussion

Signs

THIS IS A DISCUSSION! IF ANYONE HAS GOOD IDEAS, I WOULDN'T MIND ADDING IT IN!

Passive - Equilibrium

Casting an ability will grant a glyph of shadow or light depending on the nature of the ability used and up to 5 of each type of glyph.

Each glyph will grant equinox stats but only in the same nature type (day equinox will only get light glyph buffs and vice versa).

Light: 5% weapon damage per glyph and 3% movement speed per glyph.

Shadow: 50 armor per glyph and 30 max health per glyph.

1. Metamorphosis

Does basically the same thing except the stats that are applied when going into the form have moved to her passive.

New Effect: when Equinox has 5 light glyphs and 5 shadow glyphs, Equinox can hold down the Metamorphosis skill, consuming all glyphs, to transform into the Equilibrium Form for 30 seconds.

Equilibrium Form: Grants 15% movement speed, 25% weapon damage, 250 armor, 150 max health and 15% to all power stats (Basically the bonuses from the glyphs together and some power stats). Abilities will cast a combination of both forms.

Equilibrium sleep/rage. Sleeps enemies and increases their damage taken.

Equilibrium pacify/provoke. Decreases enemy damage dealt and increases allies power strength.

Equilibrium mend/maim. damage over time and shield AND health on kill and deactivation.

Yes, this might make her even more complicated lol. But I think this will encourage more switching between the two forms to cast both sets of abilities in order to enter through Equilibrium Form.

Thanks for reading and any feedback is appreciated.

New thread: 

Edited by Signs

I have talked about some small tweaks to Equinox. Here are my ideas of some tweaks.

Equinox:

Passive: instead of getting 10% of energy or health make it half of what you pick up e.g pick up 50 health gives you 25 energy. (I feel like it will make this passive better)

1st ability:

·       There is no decay on ability switch.

3rd ability:

·       Make it synergise with 1st and 2nd ability.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

3rd ability:

·       Make it synergise with 1st and 2nd ability.

Any ideas how? Just curious if you got any ideas.

Edited by Signs
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Signs said:

Casting an ability will grant a glyph of shadow or light depending on the nature of the ability used and up to 5 of each type of glyph.

How does light/shadow fit into her theme?

8 hours ago, Signs said:

1. Metamorphosis

Does basically the same thing except the stats that are applied when going into the form have moved to her passive.

New Effect: when Equinox has 5 light glyphs and 5 shadow glyphs, Equinox can hold down the Metamorphosis skill, consuming all glyphs, to transform into the Equilibrium Form for 30 seconds.

This, I think, is entirely out of the question. You've gone beyond what Equinox is supposed to be.

Why does Equinox need to have all of this?

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

How does light/shadow fit into her theme?

She's all about day/night or light/dark.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

This, I think, is entirely out of the question. You've gone beyond what Equinox is supposed to be.

Why does Equinox need to have all of this?

Equinox literally means the time when the sun is directly above the equator. This means that both day and night are balanced.

Equilibrium literally means that "a state in which opposing forces or influences are balanced".

I came up with this because I thought it would be a good idea to make a form where she is truly in equilibrium. Right now she's either day or night, not really fitting the equinox she's kinda supposed to be.

Right now she's kinda either umbra or light which doesn't really fit "equinox" in my opinion. Again this is all speculative.

Edited by Signs
  • Like 1

Passive:

Day form : Enemies that strike her, has a chance to have radiation applied.

Night form: does more stealth damage

1st ability: Hold for equilibrium form. does both abilites (rest and rage at the same time, ect) but with half strength and double cost.

equilibruim form constantly drains energy and when energy runs out, or 1st is used again. form reverts back to day or night depending on energy color.

11 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

Passive:

Day form : Enemies that strike her, has a chance to have radiation applied.

Night form: does more stealth damage

These two are sorta useless though...

11 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

1st ability: Hold for equilibrium form. does both abilites (rest and rage at the same time, ect) but with half strength and double cost.

equilibruim form constantly drains energy and when energy runs out, or 1st is used again. form reverts back to day or night depending on energy color.

I've thought about it being a channel/toggle but she already has 2 toggles (mend/maim and pacify/provoke) and I don't know if adding a third is a good idea..

Edited by Signs

15 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

I like the double cost because it's kinda doubling the ability. But I'm not sure about half strength.. Perhaps either double cost OR half strength.

On 2019-03-22 at 10:04 PM, Signs said:

Each glyph will grant equinox stats but only in the same nature type (day equinox will only get light glyph buffs and vice versa).

1. Metamorphosis

This idea is okay for another frame concept, but not for Equinox. Equinox's 3 and 4 are toggled abilities and tend not to be re-activated all that often, and her only spammy ability (2) has an augment which spreads the effect, mitigating the need to spam. I imagine that building up to 10 stacks just to see an additional feature may take a very long time to happen on a frame like Equinox.

Edited by SenorClipClop

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

This idea is okay for another frame concept, but not for Equinox. Equinox's 3 and 4 are toggled abilities and tend not to be re-activated all that often, and her only spammy ability (2) has an augment which spreads the effect, mitigating the need to spam. I imagine that building up to 10 stacks just to see an additional feature may take a very long time to happen on a frame like Equinox.

Good point... The activation that I thought of is quite hard to achieve I suppose.

Maybe it could be changed to: Affecting an enemy or ally with an ability will grant a Glyph of Shadow or Light depending on the nature of the ability used.

• Affecting an enemy or ally can be anything from putting them asleep with rest or damaging an enemy with maim.

EDIT: "Affecting an enemy or ally with an ability...."
EDIT: "Affecting an enemy or ally can be anything..."

Edited by Signs

4 minutes ago, Signs said:

Maybe it could be changed to: Affecting an enemy with an ability will grant a Glyph of Shadow or Light depending on the nature of the ability used.

That's better in relation to how your ideas might work. Unless they're meant to be big game-changers that only take effect several minutes into a mission and last a while. In that case it's alright if the buildup is gradual.

5 minutes ago, Signs said:

Affecting an enemy can be anything from putting them asleep with rest or damaging an enemy with maim.

Damaging an enemy with Maim would make the buildup process extremely fast if you're referring to the Slash proc they receive from being within __ meters of the frame. Not sure how that would affect the balance of your ideas.

8 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Damaging an enemy with Maim would make the buildup process extremely fast

Yeah, maybe with this "affecting enemy" mechanic, the number of glyphs required would be increased from like 5 to 25? Since affecting 25 enemies with your abilities isn't very difficult.

8 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

if you're referring to the Slash proc they receive from being within __ meters of the frame. Not sure how that would affect the balance of your ideas.

Slash procs would not grant stacks. Only the initial "affecting the enemy" would count as 1 stack. You will also not be able to get a stack from the same enemy using the same ability (like walking out of the radius of maim and then back in will not grant another stack).

Edited by Signs

Le 22/03/2019 à 15:04, Signs a dit :

THIS IS A DISCUSSION! IF ANYONE HAS GOOD IDEAS, I WOULDN'T MIND ADDING IT IN!

Passive - Equilibrium

1. Metamorphosis

Equilibrium Form: Grants 15% movement speed, 25% weapon damage, 250 armor, 150 max health and 15% to all power stats (Basically the bonuses from the glyphs together and some power stats). Abilities will cast a combination of both forms.

Equilibrium sleep/rage. Sleeps enemies and increases their damage taken.

Equilibrium pacify/provoke. Decreases enemy damage dealt and increases allies power strength.

Equilibrium mend/maim. damage over time and shield AND health on kill and deactivation.

Yes, this might make her even more complicated lol. But I think this will encourage more switching between the two forms to cast both sets of abilities in order to enter through Equilibrium Form.

Thanks for reading and any feedback is appreciated.

I must confess that not being able to play a combined Equinox is quite frustrating but having to manage another 30s cooldown character is a no-way for me. Plus her 3rd augment is one of her best asset right now, and i don't think that having to get all of your stacks back every 30s is a good idea. 😄

Equinox whole design is about switching from one form to another, i'd have prefered a rework that makes this viable instead of a 3rd form when the other two still aren't synergizing well. Hence my comment about her 3rd power that doesn't work anymore on a duality build.