Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NIGHTWAVE is a failure

Ax10mCRO

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81:

As a MR 26 (near 27), I thought Nightwave was cool...at first.

Now, it really feels like I have chores to do in game. I’ve done everything in the game already and a lot of it. Nightwave makes me do things I had already found monotonous. Just yesterday I spent more than 30 minutes looking for the 3rd cache in a sabotage mission with a team of 3. So boring. I’ve been over looking for caches for a long time.

In addition, the way Nightwave is designed leads people wanting to do the stuff quickly and not correctly. They rush through syndicate missions without looking for relics or leave after 3 waves of onslaught when others wanna go for longer.

Nightwave is tedious and I’m not having fun doing things I was already tired of. All I really want is the Umbra Forma but it’s locked behind hours/weeks of mission types I’m tired of. I don’t really need anything else. This just further fatigues me and wonder if other vets feel the same. Well, I know my good buddy (who is the same level as me) feels the same way. That’s at least 1 other vet that’s feeling the same way.

I feel the same. My GF feels the same. Many in my clan feels the same, many from streamer I watch feel the same. A founder buddy feels the same, so you have people feeling the same from somewhat fresh meat to vets 😄

2 hours ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

On that we agree a lot lmao. I've already accepted that Warframe is my main game and that I might as well get everything ever since I hit MR15. Also saves my wallet a lot, since other games can wait. And I do have a waiting list of games that I purchased but that I play very slowly when I'm taking breaks from Warframe. Finished God of War last week. Now on The Forest. Next is likely Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and meanwhile new games might get added to that list. Truly a wonderful system for me. 😄

Path of Exile just got released for PS4. It’s like a Diablo type of game. Sorry if that offends PoE fans. Anywho, it’s a free to play game. Check it out. I need to pick up God of War but I’m stuck doing Nightwaves. LMAO.

10 hours ago, Keybones said:

This is a very "the universe revolves around me" statement that I have heard a lot from Warframe players, and even Nightwave doesn't completely eliminate it since I still see people complaining about Catalyst invasions that happen at "night". But an online game like Warframe has events happening at all hours to serve the needs of players in all timezones and with individual schedules. DE doesn't expect you to wake up at 3am to do that alert; they expect that someone like me who works until 2am can come home and do that alert.

edit: didn't mean to sound like I'm criticizing you, just the idea in general.

What I was saying when I made my comment is that anyone who is waking themselves up from sleep at that time are making a dumb decision. I understand that alerts happened like that for people all around the world. But anyone who interrupts their healthy sleep cycle to do the alert is just ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tengarnos said:

I feel the same. My GF feels the same. Many in my clan feels the same, many from streamer I watch feel the same. A founder buddy feels the same, so you have people feeling the same from somewhat fresh meat to vets 😄

Well, at least I’m not alone but I’m still feeling as if we are the minority. Doubt they just gonna kill Nightwave.

1 hour ago, (PS4)death404 said:

Due to Nightwave I have:

Finally built a dagger Zaw.

Did my first tri cap.

Began farming plants again post Silver Grove quest.

Began farming SU standing as I guessed Profit Taker was coming.

Etc, etc. Imo it's reaching its intended goal of pushing me to do things I may have overlooked and giving me something to do everyday again. For me it's a success.

Glad you like it but from a this Vets perspective...

I was forced to use more materials to make a zaw I didn’t want cause I already had the zaws I wanted.

Scanning plants isn’t what I think of as fun after scanning so many already. Nor did I find it too fun to begin with to be honest. Hated the silver grove quest.

I’m sitting at 623 Hydrolyst captures (that’s not including kills). A tri-cap ain’t nothing new but let’s do it again...for a bunch of rewards I don’t need...til I get to the Umbra Forma.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

I was forced to use more materials to make a zaw I didn’t want cause I already had the zaws I wanted.

Scanning plants isn’t what I think of as fun after scanning so many already. Nor did I find it too fun to begin with to be honest. Hated the silver grove quest.

I’m sitting at 623 Hydrolyst captures (that’s not including kills). A tri-cap ain’t nothing new but let’s do it again...for a bunch of rewards I don’t need...til I get to the Umbra Forma.

You’re a vet. An end game player. What were alerts going to do for you in the first place?

1 minute ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

Nothing...but I didn’t have to do a ton of alerts for the better part of roughly 10 weeks to get the 1 thing I wanted (Umbra Forma).

Okay, but you’re a vet. 1% of the playerbase? Maybe a bit more?

Should the alert system be reworked to cater specifically to you, as a system designed to give veterans new content for doing a single mission.

Or should the new alert system be targeted at the vast majority of players and designed around encouraging participation?

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

Just now, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Okay, but you’re a vet. 1% of the playerbase? Maybe a bit more?

Should the alert system be reworked to cater specifically to you, as a system designed to give veterans new content for doing a single mission.

Or should the new alert system be targeted at the vast majority of players?

No, I’m saying why make it a system where you’re on a time line at all? Do this many missions within this amount of time is just added stress to a gamer.  Why not just keep everything a drop you can do at your own pace like, for example, the arcane energize drop from the eidolons. It’s always there. You can always go farm it. If you can’t do eidolons yet well there’s your incentive to get prepared.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

Fair and definitely a different perspective. Unfortunately there just isn't any way (that I can see) to make it all things to all players.

Honest question: do you get more use from nightwave than you did from alerts?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81:

Well, at least I’m not alone but I’m still feeling as if we are the minority. Doubt they just gonna kill Nightwave.

Most of us are just still cause as you see, we get called crybabies, entitled brats or otherwise if we say NW is bullS#&$. I am doing it like you only for Umbra Forma. Same my buddy. My GF cause she needs Nitain but she was pretty happy with the old alerts for it.

I talked to many high and low MRs during Farming and there the majority disliked the NW system. While here in forums it looks like reverse. If I really should bet I think its more like 30% are fine with it. 30 to 40% dislike it. Rest doesnt care or is inactive anyway.

2 hours ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

Nothing...but I didn’t have to do a ton of alerts for the better part of roughly 10 weeks to get the 1 thing I wanted (Umbra Forma).

???

Umbra forma didn't exist back then and there is literally no other way to get one at this point, so what exactly are you trying to say here?

1 hour ago, Keybones said:

???

Umbra forma didn't exist back then and there is literally no other way to get one at this point, so what exactly are you trying to say here?

Plus, knowing how controversial and high powered an umbral forma is I also think that even if it was released during the alert system it 100% would not be available as a random 5m run mission alert. It'd be locked inside some endgame hard challenge and a wall of RNG.

3 hours ago, (PS4)death404 said:

Fair and definitely a different perspective. Unfortunately there just isn't any way (that I can see) to make it all things to all players.

Honest question: do you get more use from nightwave than you did from alerts?

I don’t understand why alerts keep being brought up. I liked alerts. They were quick n easy...get what you want n get out. I didn’t necessarily need to do them since I had all the rewards already but I liked that about em. It was nice to finish them off and work on other things. Nightwave offers the same stuff and then some but I already have a decent amount of orikin reactors/catalyst, Forma, slots. etc. With Nightwave, I feel like I’m being forced to do basic missions I’ve done to death to get a bunch of stuff I don’t need. The reward I do want doesn’t come until the end. It’s a chore. I’d rather do something I enjoy like capturing eidolons or the orb spider deal...not find caches or syndicate missions. Basically, it forces me to play content I’m just oh so already over. 

Edited by (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81
Grammar

3 hours ago, Keybones said:

???

Just saying alerts didn’t need a lot of time investment to get a reward that you wanted. Go do a simple mission and get a reward for it. Nightwave has me doing a lot of stuff I don’t want to do for a reward I’d rather farm a boss for or something.

If I had to come up with a “SOLUTION” on the fly, I’d say make it easy and do the following:

Make the reward pool in Nightwave have just the rewards you had from the old alerts. That way new players can have access to all the rewards at any time of day or night (which was a complaint some people had) after getting Wolf creds. This way Vets could opt out and not suffer further fatigue by doing basic stuff. 

Have the Wolf drop a mix of stuff like themed emotes/sigils, catalyst/reactors, Wolf Sledge weapon parts, and maybe a Forma or Kuva here and there in a loot-explosion when you kill him. Wouldn’t that be more exciting? All I know is I fought him and didn’t get a drop. It was very anticlimactic after that howlll and long fight. I’d rather have gotten one or some of those rewards I mentioned. Who wouldn’t?

Umbra Forma, Slots, and Energize should be from big boss fights if you ask me.

Grammar

On 2019-03-26 at 6:51 AM, Diangelius said:

It's not there for weeks, just 1 week only. And supposed that OP was MR26 and he had daily 26000 SU standings cap everyday (and free time). 26000 x 7 = 182000 if he tried to maximize cap everyday. Meanwhile, in order to reach Rank 5 SU, we need 5000 + 22000 + 44000 + 70000 + 99000 = 240000. Is this really on him ? Unless there's a way to earn more than 26000 SU standings each day that I didn't know. And I'm assuming that OP didn't care about SU due to reasons.

The NIGHTWAVE task is only there for 1 week.  PT has been there for months, and Fortuna even longer as has been stated.   With the very first week having a hydrolyst hunt, it should have been common sense to assume that other raid bosses like PT would show up on subsequent weeks.  He didn't have just a single week to try and cap SU, he had an entire MONTH of Nightwave weeklies before the PT mission came up.

Further, it has been stated ad nauseum that you only need to complete 60% of the missions to hit rank 30 with NW.  Missing Profit Taker is not going to do anything other than slow you down slightly.  I've now missed Hydrolyst, Profit Taker, the slot 5 Ayatans (just could NOT find any that week...and since then have been finding them EVERYWHERE.  Argh!!)

Chill out, don't obsess on being able to do every single mission.  If nothing else you can go Saturn 6 hunting to fill in the cracks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

Make the reward pool in Nightwave have just the rewards you had from the old alerts.

Have the Wolf drop the stuff like themed emotes/sigils, catalyst/reactors, Wolf Sledge weapon parts, and maybe a Forma or Kuva

Umbra Forma, Slots, and Energize should be from big boss fights if you ask me.

These are all horrible ideas, sorry.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

The way it currently is, is superior to what you suggested.

Not for me it isn’t. Read some of my prior posts if you got the time and make some valid arguments to counter them instead of shutting me down for the sake of it. I’d love to hear it.

Otherwise my suggestion, has stuff for newer players that doesn’t put a stranglehold on vets to do the stuff they’re already burned out on causing further fatigue.

Grammar

7 hours ago, Tengarnos said:

No CP, no SD (Ok thanks to DE nerfs the SD isnt this good anymore but would be still make the enhancend shield sorties more easy, especially for newer players)

See this is why I say players need to actually play and learn the game mechanics instead of being carried so that they can become better. Next time your GF faces enhanced shields in a sortie(particularly against corpus), help her mod her weapons for toxin damage. Toxin completely ignores shields.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

Please don't tell me you're actually going to even notice those materials are gone. If you're a vet you have millions, I know I do.

7 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Please don't tell me you're actually going to even notice those materials are gone. If you're a vet you have millions, I know I do.

Well I did have to make and master all the zaws for my MR at one point. Plus, after I was done with everything, I didn’t really need to go back and fish or mine so when something like this comes up I don’t exactly have a ton of resources in stock. Especially, when I can make and sell quill arcanes here and there for some plat. There goes what little resources I had. Regardless of the resource issue, it still feels like a waste to do something like this. I made the cheapest one I could just to never use it again. Pointless...since I made the zaws I wanted a long time ago.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

Well I did have to make and master all the zaws for my MR at one point. Plus, after I was done with everything, I didn’t really need to go back and fish or mine so when something like this comes up I don’t exactly have a ton of resources in stock. Especially, when I can make and sell quill arcanes here and there for some plat. There goes what little resources I had. Regardless of the resource issue, it still feels like a waste to do something like this. I made the cheapest one I could just to never use it again. Pointless...since I made the zaws I wanted a long time ago.

Pointless for us sure, although most vets have tons of materials to spare. But not pointless for a new player, part of their learning curve and Nightwave has to cater to everybody though sadly they haven't given us an actual challenge yet.  For a vet it took 5 minutes to complete, for a new player it was instructive, it was a good addition.

54 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Pointless for us sure, although most vets have tons of materials to spare. But not pointless for a new player, part of their learning curve and Nightwave has to cater to everybody though sadly they haven't given us an actual challenge yet.  For a vet it took 5 minutes to complete, for a new player it was instructive, it was a good addition.

Agreed, it prolly is a good thing for newer players...so let em have it. Keep the rewards basic for them like slots and old reward items but put better rewards where they belong...in boss fights. 

• Like 1