Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With all this negativity around...

Venatorio

... just wanted to let everyone know at Digital Extremes that we appreciate everything you do!

Was looking around the forums lately, and I’ve just been shocked at the sheer levels of negativity around. Yes, I’ve contributed to some of it. Yes, some of this negativity/opinions are valid. I’m human, and passionately care about this game I’ve supported for years.

All things considered though, just wanted to let anyone who reads this at DE know that your work is awesome, and everything you do to give us players an enjoyable experience is incredible! 

Remember where you came from, you all are incredible. 

3 hours ago, Venatorio said:

we

Speak for yourself. Putting yourself in an imaginary position of the "voice of the many" says very bad things about people practicing such behaviour.

Not mentioning the "appreciate EVERYTHING you do" part which is just ugh... You should never turn blind eye just because you respect someone. If they do an oopsie, they did an oopsie, no need to excuse them for it.

DE is a company full of adults, they can deal with some guys getting pissy on the forums. No need to "shield" for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Venatorio said:

Looks like someone had some salt in their sippy cup this morning. Try to make a nice statement for someone who needs it, and someone’s gotta stamp that out right quick. 

Sheesh.

They are right tho. 
You have good intentions, but materialize them in a bad way.

I understand you, this place (especially the OPs) are full of complaints. At the first glance, people always seem to be trashing the content. But I'm sure DE as a company knows (an you should take into account) that how people work.

When we like something, we barely give feedback about it. But if don't, we're much more likely to voice how dissatisfied we are. From a certain standpoint, this is understandable. People are instinctively working on making their life better and better, and while constantly criticising things is probably not the shortest way to happiness, it facilitates moving forward and grow.

So don't feel bad for DE, I'm sure they can handle feedback!

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
Better wording

On 2019-04-02 at 5:09 AM, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I understand you, this place (especially the OPs) are full of complaints. At the first glance, people always seem to be trashing the content. But I'm sure DE as a company knows (an you should take into account) that how people work.

When we like something, we barely give feedback about it. But if don't, we're much more likely to voice how dissatisfied we are. From a certain standpoint, this is understandable. People are instinctively working on making their life better and better, and while constantly criticising things is probably not the shortest way to happiness, it facilitates moving forward and grow.

So don't feel bad for DE, I'm sure they can handle feedback!

I mean they called rahetalius' s video about chat moderation a "Personal Attack"

• Like 1

On 2019-04-01 at 7:30 PM, Venatorio said:

... just wanted to let everyone know at Digital Extremes that we appreciate everything you do!

Was looking around the forums lately, and I’ve just been shocked at the sheer levels of negativity around. Yes, I’ve contributed to some of it. Yes, some of this negativity/opinions are valid. I’m human, and passionately care about this game I’ve supported for years.

All things considered though, just wanted to let anyone who reads this at DE know that your work is awesome, and everything you do to give us players an enjoyable experience is incredible! 

Remember where you came from, you all are incredible. 

Well said.

Obviously we all know the game isn't perfect. It has bugs that need to be ironed out, gear & enemies that could be better balanced, more mission variety and of course better-developed lore.

But yeah, the amount of complaining on the forums is pretty ridiculous or trivial. Most of it being one of the following:

- Don't like Nightwave (something specifically designed to replace Alerts...which were also complained about)

- Drop rates (can't help RNG)

- Cosmetics

- Rivens (we already know the score on these and DE will change them as and when they see fit)

- UI (cause clicking buttons and scrolling is so SO hard)

- Meleé rework (when it isn't even close to being finished)

- Content drought...though not so much lately (DE have told us time and again they can only work so fast)

- Grind / burnout (Uh...hello? The game is BASED around grinding...your fault for grinding so hard)

- Time gating / capping (well DE have to stop players blowing through content somehow)

What makes it even worse it that they have all these suggestions worked into their rants, but insist on posting them in General Discussion...where DE won't even read them. Too stupid to find the Feedback section of the forum?

The only really valid complaints I've seen relate to host migration issues and other bugs that actually hinder your ability to play the game.

But, y'know, lots of folks feel that if a game isn't personally tailored to their requirements, then the devs have failed. :facepalm:

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 2

On 2019-04-02 at 1:19 AM, Venatorio said:

Muh salt, why can't I usurp authority?

If you have problem with my comment you could actually quote me and say straight up what you think I said is wrong or "salty". Just like I did in response to your original post.

I'm not afraid of someone telling me they disliked a forum post of mine, are you?

If you want to try and talk for "us", you shouldn't be scared of criticisms.

52 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

If you have problem with my comment you could actually quote me and say straight up what you think I said is wrong or "salty". Just like I did in response to your original post.

I'm not afraid of someone telling me they disliked a forum post of mine, are you?

If you want to try and talk for "us", you shouldn't be scared of criticisms.

Pretty sure we never said what you quoted, we didn’t know the forums allowed for such misdirection, so that’s neat! We learn something new every day.

We didn’t quote you initially, because we didn’t want to ping people with the alert message thing. It bugs some people. But if you want to turn this into a personal thing and assume we’re just afraid, you do you friendo! We completely welcome your opinion. 🙂

The message was never meant for criticism of any kind. Heck, we didn’t even intend for it to get any responses at all lol! It was supposed to be a nice gesture to the people who work hard at DE, amid a lot of forum negativity. If you didn’t like our message, we apologize, and send our thoughts and prayers instead. 

But you never had to respond to a forum post that clearly was not meant for you. Just saying. 

4 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Yup, what I expected. Thanks for showing everyone I was right to call you out initially.

Indeed! You are a beacon of light to our community. With your positivity, we’re sure you will help us achieve our goal of making someone at DE smile today! 

Keep up the good work!