Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What warframes do you refuse to revive and why?

(XBOX)Huggs93

1 minute ago, Sloan441 said:

What push-to-talk is for. 

Your mic shouldn't be live unless you actually have something to say. 

It's sort of excusable in chat programs, but the ingame voice-coms...do everyone a favor and enable push-to-talk. 

Isn't that enabled by default? 

16 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Oh I just love those. Don't understand why having their mic on in the first place. 99% of the time all you hear is music, kids screaming, mic guy sniffing and coughing, etc. And the in the remaining 1% of the cases it's not useful either, just not irritating. If it's noticeable right when they join the squad, it's an instant mute.

Speaking from experience the PS4 VR system auto turns on if connected to your PS4. So you could be broadcasting unknowingly. (found out when I was talking to Bf about what to make for dinner and someone in chat said to just go get pizza or something). Now does everyone on Mic have a VR system... no. So I don't understand the conscious decision to put in headphones and then just have an argument with their mom over bed time.

I kind of wish there was an in game option to mute yourself as the console kind of sucks for it and (at lest with my set up) its a pain to unplug to replug later. My only solution is to plug in a mic so it prioritizes it then set the mic to mute itself.

2 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

What push-to-talk is for. 

Your mic shouldn't be live unless you actually have something to say. 

It's sort of excusable in chat programs, but the ingame voice-coms...do everyone a favor and enable push-to-talk. 

Push to talk is great for PC but consoles don't have that option. PS4 is mic attached its on, this includes the Mic built into the VR system. Think Xbox is the same way but can not confirm.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Push to talk is great for PC but consoles don't have that option. PS4 is mic attached its on, this includes the Mic built into the VR system. Think Xbox is the same way but can not confirm.

Your option here would involve more hardware. You'd have to use a headset with an inline control and potentially an amp/DAC using your optical output. 

Xbox Live is annoying enough that SOP is to form your own party so as to not hear the assorted weirdness that occurs with open mics. However, the Xbox has a push to not talk button (mute), but you wouldn't know it by the behavior of much of the user base. 

• Like 1

None, because I'm not a presumptuous jerk.

However, I will admit to some frustration when people auto revive when I'm coming up to them.

I use Vazarin. I could literally get you up in a flash if you'd wait the 2-ish seconds it would take me to get to you.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Your option here would involve more hardware. You'd have to use a headset with an inline control and potentially an amp/DAC using your optical output. 

Xbox Live is annoying enough that SOP is to form your own party so as to not hear the assorted weirdness that occurs with open mics. However, the Xbox has a push to not talk button (mute), but you wouldn't know it by the behavior of much of the user base. 

The solution also works on PSN though it does lower the volume of the game overall a feature im not overly fond of. Hence my additional hardware. (which I personally already own but I could see how someone looking for a solution without spending additional funds might go the other route.)

The additional problem though is if someone on Mic generally needs help or wants to have a discussion. When you enter a party (on PSN at least) it mutes you from all games your in and sets party chat as a priority. Good if your trying to void but not so good if you are wanting to help others. (Ex. Would be last night went to the plains and a guy mentioned how he was looking for the thumper. We didn't find it but we did take down an Eidolon for the heck of it during our search. This interaction would not have been as likely to have occurred had I been in a party chat.)

Really would just like an in game toggle in the settings to turn mic on or off during a match without having to resort to other means.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-15 at 3:50 AM, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I'm reviving anyone who behaves nicely, even if they die "too many" times. However I refuse to revive pets who can't stay alive among enemies too powerful for them to deal with. If my squadmate wants to level their rank 0 puppy it's their job to keep it alive.

@OP since you found out already that you can't shoot in the globe but you can shoot out, why not do so, instead of passive aggressively deny to revive your support frame? Snow globe is extremely useful when defending against high level enemies, it's really not a bad trade to just think a little before you shoot.

you've never played gara before, have you?

On 2019-04-15 at 3:50 AM, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I'm reviving anyone who behaves nicely, even if they die "too many" times. However I refuse to revive pets who can't stay alive among enemies too powerful for them to deal with. If my squadmate wants to level their rank 0 puppy it's their job to keep it alive.

@OP since you found out already that you can't shoot in the globe but you can shoot out, why not do so, instead of passive aggressively deny to revive your support frame? Snow globe is extremely useful when defending against high level enemies, it's really not a bad trade to just think a little before you shoot.

Because usually, the people I refuse to revive are trolls playing frost who put down too many bubbles but also if they die their bubble disappears 😄

On 2019-04-15 at 11:02 AM, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Come on, there's no need to be that hard on OP. According to what and how they wrote, probably some teen trying to look cool. Now they know and have a chance to learn that what they're doing is bad, and they should feel bad.

I'm 25 going on 26 and I don't feel empathy so I don't feel bad I'm just looking at it from a perspective of usually its trolls and DE for some reason refuses to fix it. hell i had more of a problem with frost then i did limbo

I wouldn't call this refusal but sometimes I don't revive Inaros players when they go down because of the sarcophagus. I don't know what it does or why it's a thing and I haven't bothered to look it up so I panic and don't revive and I feel bad about it and I'm sorry please forgive me 😧

1 hour ago, Plushy said:

I wouldn't call this refusal but sometimes I don't revive Inaros players when they go down because of the sarcophagus. I don't know what it does or why it's a thing and I haven't bothered to look it up so I panic and don't revive and I feel bad about it and I'm sorry please forgive me 😧

You can go and revive Inaros players if you'd like! The sarcophagus is Inaros' special ability, he can syphon the HP of nearby enemies to resurrect himself. But if there isn't enough enemies in range and the bleedout timer runs out, he dies as any other frame.